SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automobile repair shop Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire
Like a lot of you guys I had been in VON hell since the order book opened. With my dealer unable to give me any clue as to when I could expect my Hellcat. I started to look at other options.
One option was to buy from a dealer in the UK but in truth, they I believe are finding the allocation system fraught with the same issues we are experiencing and unable to be firm on delivery dates. Plus of course they need their profit.
Then a couple of regulars on here gave me a clue as to how I could help myself. In my mind I did not want to pay more than $5K over but in truth would have gone a bit more just to appease my wife who reckons I have become obsessed with the Challenger Hellcat.
I was not really helping myself as I was firm on my spec. Pitch Black, A8, Black Laguna Leather. Then I hit the jackpot and got real lucky. I found my exact spec Hellcat and willing to sell at MSRP.
My very good friend collected the car for me. We still have a way to go, having it shipped to the UK and altering the lights to meet with UK regulations so I can register the car. Stuff like amber turn signals and rear fog lamps.
So here you go boys and girls. My Hellcats first part of the journey towards the UK

·
The Doctor is IN!
Challenger SRT Hellcat
251 Posts
congrats! Thats so cool. Spreading Hellcat love across the pond!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
467 Posts
I sure hope you have Stock BP............Congrats on the car, enjoy it........But I would hate your Fuel Bill in Europe.........:(

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
View attachment 4692 View attachment 4693 View attachment 4694 Like a lot of you guys I had been in VON hell since the order book opened. With my dealer unable to give me any clue as to when I could expect my Hellcat. I started to look at other options.
One option was to buy from a dealer in the UK but in truth, they I believe are finding the allocation system fraught with the same issues we are experiencing and unable to be firm on delivery dates. Plus of course they need their profit.
Then a couple of regulars on here gave me a clue as to how I could help myself. In my mind I did not want to pay more than $5K over but in truth would have gone a bit more just to appease my wife who reckons I have become obsessed with the Challenger Hellcat.
I was not really helping myself as I was firm on my spec. Pitch Black, A8, Black Laguna Leather. Then I hit the jackpot and got real lucky. I found my exact spec Hellcat and willing to sell at MSRP.
My very good friend collected the car for me. We still have a way to go, having it shipped to the UK and altering the lights to meet with UK regulations so I can register the car. Stuff like amber turn signals and rear fog lamps.
So here you go boys and girls. My Hellcats first part of the journey towards the UK
Congratulations! That is very exciting news for you! I was looking at the pictures and thinking...Geez that truck seriously threw a lot of dirt all over that car and then I got to the bottom pic of it on a smaller trailer and it all made sense. Your car has quite the journey to go. Best of luck with the adventure.:D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,944 Posts
Congratulations! We'll expect some pics of the Hellcat in front of some famous landmarks. What part of GB are you in?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm only a few miles outside of London.
My good friend and mechanic over here has managed to sort out a company that can carry out the UK light conversion using the existing rear light cluster. We have to have rear fog lights in the UK. That is a relief as I did not want big red carbuncles stuck on the arse of the car.
If everything goes to plan and in my life that rarely happens I should have the car UK registered and on the road my mid April.
Here are some pictures after cleaning her up after her long salty journey
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car
Vehicle Engine Car Auto part Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Coupé
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire

Nigh on a two month wait to get my hands on it is going to be a real killer :)

Reactions: MrBigKid

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,341 Posts
LOL, it is WORTH THE WAIT :D
Chin up my friend, at least you *know* it is eventually going to happen. :cool:

Wow, just think about the future drive down an English country side road.....
Do you guys dream of driving on route 66 or anything like that over on this side of the water?
Usually each side dreams of having what the other has...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.