SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Manual Take Percentage - Performance Cars

4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Uncle Rico 
#1 ·
Hey y'all,

I did a search, granted a half assed one, and could only find old data saying in general there was a higher manual take rate in 2015/2016 for Challenger Hellcats but I never was able to find any actual data.

Shout out to PLMCRZY, but I was looking at my build option breakdown and noticed that 21% of the 2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody cars were manuals (unless I'm reading it wrong). That's higher than I originally would have thought. I've read reddit threads talking about 18% being a high take rate for manuals, Bronco in the most recent thread, so I have to ask... For 'performance' variations aka any Challenger with a 392 and above, what's the manual take rate? Where could I even find that data?

I'm not some manual evangelical trying to say 'you don't appreciate a performance car without it being a manual', I'm just generally curious what the take rate is for performance centered Challengers.

Sidebar, I'm finally getting into a situation where I can buy whatever I want, and if Dodge makes a 'Halo' type car with a Hellcat type ethos (or Viper woo!), I'd be a bit disappointed if there wasn't a manual option because they're trying to chase magazine numbers :cough: Ford GT or GT500 :cough: ...

That's where I'm coming from with this post but let me know that y'all think! Lol

Trying to poke the crowd to see what y'all think about this kind of stuff. Obviously, there's a used market for Vipers and such, but I'm curious about future development and just wanted to start some shit.

Thanks for reading y'all!

See less See more
#2 ·
Sidebar, I'm finally getting into a situation where I can buy whatever I want, and if Dodge makes a 'Halo' type car with a Hellcat type ethos (or Viper woo!), I'd be a bit disappointed if there wasn't a manual option because they're trying to chase magazine numbers :cough: Ford GT or GT500 :cough: ...

Thanks for reading y'all!
Let me start with, I'd love to own a manual version of any car I've had, because they are fun to drive. That being said, my last two Halo style cars (ZL1/Redeye) have both been auto's because they are significantly faster at what I want them to do in an auto version. Not trying to chase magazine numbers with that.. it's just reality. That was the only reason why I don't have a manual. I've driven all 4 variants....and I'd still enjoy the manual for cruising...but the track is simply a different animal...

#4 ·
Youre not going to find a manual American halo car any longer. They've all gone auto. Even the 'regular' HC is getting harder to even order in a M.

Reactions: DevilsReject97
#14 ·
I've got a few of the years but I need some more help.

If anybody has configuration trees from PLMCRZY, i need one for a 2019 standard body and for both the standard and wide body in 2020.

If you have these, please post them up or post the transmission % so we can finish this info.

So this is the M6 take rate:

2015: 47.7%

2016: 32.9%

2017: 24.7%

2018: 12.9%
2018: 20.9% Widebody

2019:
2019: 21.5% Widebody

2020:
2020:

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: akras
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.