SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
The Manual Transmission Still Rocks
I have had the extreme pleasure of driving the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat with each of the transmissions and were I ordering a 707hp Challenger right now, it would have the 6-speed manual transmission. The automatic transmission might make for the quicker stock drag racer, but that doesn’t replace the added fun to drive factor that you can only get with a proper manual transmission. I love driving a manual transmission and I believe that banging my own gears is worth what little compromise comes with the third pedal. Obviously, the majority of the first buyers of the Hellcat Challenger feel the same way, with 55% of them opting for the 6-speed manual.

It's like they interviewed me and took the words right out of my mouth!!!;)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,829 Posts
Should be pretty fun with paddle shifters
My 09 R/T was an automatic and when I was looking at getting a 12 SRT I WAS going to go with the manual, but when I heard they had paddle shifters I went automatic again. The Hellcat is an automatic again! I think a manual would be "fun" but I truly love the paddle shifters!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
95 Posts
All of this talk about auto vs. stick makes sense to me. I have had surgery on my knees and a auto is for me. All of you that can handle it with the stick, have fun. I would get a stick if I could.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All of this talk about auto vs. stick makes sense to me. I have had surgery on my knees and a auto is for me. All of you that can handle it with the stick, have fun. I would get a stick if I could.
i agree, my left knee blew out 8 years ago and hasn't quite recovered due to a basketball injury. i have that and my fiance as two reasons i must stick to auto too.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Fastest way to the 1320 will be A8! Have the same 6 spd in my Viper, can't shift them fast at full throttle. You will loose all your boost between shifts=slower.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
974 Posts
Let's hope dodge has enough manual transmissions to fill the orders or this might be the next item on the car to go the way of Laguna leather, brass monkey wheels, sun roofs and satin black hoods.

Reactions: 630

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Let's hope dodge has enough manual transmissions to fill the orders or this might be the next item on the car to go the way of Laguna leather, brass monkey wheels, sun roofs and satin black hoods.
I know, huh? They weren't expecting so many. There might be a lot of Viper's in the lot with no trannys in them. LOL:D

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
had manuels in late 60s . my underdtanding is the paddle shifters will give you the same thrill. ssooooooo. but isn't it all relative anyway
yeah in my opinion paddle shifters are still as quick as automatics or almost.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.