SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everything ive seen giving track times is always an automatoc

11.2 1/4 mile
3.7 0-60

what about the manual? is it .4tenths slower like the 392 manual?

also what is the max mph in 1st for the auto and the manual? (did they set the manual up for 60+ mph in 1st like the zr1 and gt500)

if the manual is 0-60 in 4.3 that makes it a tie for a 392 automatic

because i havent seen anything from Dodge on this im thinking it may be true

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
from what ive seen in the videos, yea 60 easy in first.. first in the manual is almost the same as third in the Auto.. but the auto will be launching from second.. and i think the hellcats have slightly different gear ratios from the other hemi trannys

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
853 Posts
There seems to be a serious embargo on info regarding times and the manual trans. I'm like everyone else on this forum and try and find every bit of info I can regarding the cars.
The fastest time I've seen posted for the manual was [email protected] with a start in 2nd gear. That was on the stock summer tires. I would imagine with a GOOD driver and real tires very low 11's would be the norm
Most testers are getting very low 12 second slips.
First gear tops out at 60 mph. The final drive with the manual is 3:70

·
Yep, its got a HEMI
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,768 Posts
going to be hard to beat the A8 with its programing and extra gears.

times will drop once guys figure them out and get some sticky tires

I got my Viper times way down, it used to spin the tires, you just need to repeat and get the feel of it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
1,473 Posts
There seems to be a serious embargo on info regarding times and the manual trans. I'm like everyone else on this forum and try and find every bit of info I can regarding the cars.
The fastest time I've seen posted for the manual was [email protected] with a start in 2nd gear. That was on the stock summer tires. I would imagine with a GOOD driver and real tires very low 11's would be the norm
Most testers are getting very low 12 second slips.
First gear tops out at 60 mph. The final drive with the manual is 3:70
Do you remember where you saw this??

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
I have a Charger on order so I can beat your manual:D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
1,473 Posts
From here:

Cars.com managed 11.4 at a track, though they were launching in 1st in Track Mode. I wish they had started in 2nd like Motor Trend did for the 11.7 on an unprepared surface.

Chasing 11.2 We Take the Challenger SRT Hellcat to the Strip - KickingTires

I was referring to the manual 6 speed time he said at 11.7 in the 1/4

I have only seen 1 manual time and it was horrendous at 12.8 @ 118 if I remember correctly.
I need some hope that someone has gotten the manual into the 11's...lol

Reactions: JeKo

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts
I was referring to the manual 6 speed time he said he saw at 11.7 in the 1/4

I have only seen 1 manual time and it was horrendous at 12.8 @ 118 if I remember correctly.
I need some hope that someone has gotten the manual into the 11's...lol
Whoops, didn't catch that.. sorry. I personally have never seen an 11.7 posted for manual. I've barely seen ANYTHING posted for manual. :(

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
1,473 Posts
Whoops, didn't catch that.. sorry. I personally have never seen an 11.7 posted for manual. I've barely seen ANYTHING posted for manual. :(
There is still ZERO info after all this time.
SRT still aint talkin either.
And no owner has taken a 6 speed to the track to shake it out...disappointing.

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
everything ive seen giving track times is always an automatoc

11.2 1/4 mile
3.7 0-60

what about the manual? is it .4tenths slower like the 392 manual?

also what is the max mph in 1st for the auto and the manual? (did they set the manual up for 60+ mph in 1st like the zr1 and gt500)

if the manual is 0-60 in 4.3 that makes it a tie for a 392 automatic

because i havent seen anything from Dodge on this im thinking it may be true
Yes, 60 is not a problem in first gear. :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,835 Posts
I just read an article from Car and Driver... they tested an A8 and M6... 11.7 for the A8 vs 11.9 for the M6, both at 124-25 mph... 0-60 came in 3.6 for the A8 vs 3.9 for the M6... Ill link the article here when I get a chance...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
1,473 Posts
I just read an article from Car and Driver... they tested an A8 and M6... 11.7 for the A8 vs 11.9 for the M6, both at 124-25 mph... 0-60 came in 3.6 for the A8 vs 3.9 for the M6... Ill link the article here when I get a chance...
That's more like it...............Looking forward to the link :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,835 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
1,473 Posts
Here you go..

Dodge Challenger SRT SRT Hellcat Reviews - Dodge Challenger SRT SRT Hellcat Price Photos and Specs - CARandDRIVER

The author is obviously a fan of the automatic... and I dont have a issue with that. But I am wondering why he had such an issue with the "heavy" clutch? I actually think it is perfect.. just enough there to "feel" the engagement.. he must weigh 95lbs soaking wet..
It's funny how some think the clutch is soooo heavy and others say it's not.

95 lbs?.....I agree hahahahaha

6 speed for me :)

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Here you go..

Dodge Challenger SRT SRT Hellcat Reviews - Dodge Challenger SRT SRT Hellcat Price Photos and Specs - CARandDRIVER

The author is obviously a fan of the automatic... and I dont have a issue with that. But I am wondering why he had such an issue with the "heavy" clutch? I actually think it is perfect.. just enough there to "feel" the engagement.. he must weigh 95lbs soaking wet..
The clutch is NOT heavy. I had trained before my car got here thinking it would be heavy and it's not even a little bit. Maybe the clutch needed an adjustment...o_O Or he was a wussy. J/k...don't need hate email from him.;)

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
The clutch is NOT heavy. I had trained before my car got here thinking it would be heavy and it's not even a little bit. Maybe the clutch needed an adjustment...o_O Or he was a wussy. J/k...don't need hate email from him.;)
well it seems heavy to me when I park my Hellcat and jump into my 4cyl 5 sp Hyundai ... I cant feel the clutch at all then! and cant hear the engine!:confused: its like my foot is just pawing at the air :D and the other way when I park and jump into the Cat. then it really feels heavy :D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,695 Posts
Yep, some folks just don't have the training or technical skills to operate a clutch; Or, in this case, are just too wussified.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.