SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2016 Challenger HC, how/where/what do I need to do to have the Navigation Maps updated? I know, use my phone, etc...but, I like the Navigation on the car...works great for me, only thing is Dallas has so so many new roads...I want it updated. Is there a site I can goto to do this?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found the site:
Chrysler Group | HERE

I need p/n U3562-0060-809NAM FCAGroup - 2018 North American Map for Uconnect® 8.4AN Navigation System (RA4) 2018
I let my Uconnect expire, and my NAV works fine, Tell me this is NOT just a glitch and If I update, It may
force me to renew Uconnect?..I don't want to pay for the Uconnect...I just want the latest maps.
Its $149, isn't there a way to get this for cheaper? Also to download instead of being mailed a USB?

·
HOTM Winner
7,982 Posts
I had uconnect.
So my comments won't help.
When there was an update, I was notified thru my cars uconnect.
I was emailed and asked if I wanted to pay for map update, but did not do it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found this, $50 cheaper, and don't have to wait...you can down load it. Seller has 100% positive feedback.
I used to use ebay alot 10-15 years ago, back then, the feedbacks were accurate and they'd boot any bad apples quick.

2018 USA North America NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE UCONNECT 8.4A 8.4AN JEEP CHRYSLER | eBay

(from seller)
1. I will send you link to software.
2. Pin Code will be provided based on the code request from the screen after inserting USB.
3. Code will be provided on the same day (unless it's middle of the night in UK).
4. Code request does not change, so you don't have to sit and wait in the car.
5. Provided software is part number you're asking about (please see pictures in the listing).

Please see below for direct link.
Once downloaded, please unpack it using winrar and copy the content from folder to the 8gb USB drive, formatted as FAT32.
Please make sure to use Windows machine as MAC seems to not work on this.
Please also make sure software update is done (if required).
All instructions in the listing.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
I did not have a Uconnect subscription when I updated mine. I'll tell you now though, it's a slow process. Takes about an hour to perform the update and the car cant be shut off during that time. The process is also unnecessarily confusing to get started.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m all about hand held, but I like tha nave much much better, way more hand free, easier to read... I have it set to green/yellow/red for traffic flow... unless I’m missing something? It does all a phone will, and more plus easier to see.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Totally understandable. You know Im sorry I thought you were talking about the Uconnect update not just a map update. The Uconnect update could not be anymore difficult if they tried lol. Never done the map update so disregard my previous comments about car needing to be running.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i did it this morning... no waiting for them to mail you a usb, not to mention they are out of stock til March, no tax no shipping. save $50+
download copy to usb, takes 20 minutes to set up, then 70 minutes of cruising during the install.
it’great! if anyone decides to do it, ping me for tips i can give that will put you at 90 minutes then around

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
So, upgrade went well, haven't ad time to see any differences yet.
2016 Challenger Hellcat on UCONNECT_8.4AN_RA4_17.43.01_MY16_NAFTA, (very latest for my vin dated march 23, 2018 did last summer)

Map update I did is:
2018 North American Map for Uconnect® 8.4AN Navigation System (RA4)
part number U3562-0060-809NAM

The Map USB update entails:
old USB version HMNA2014Q4 (is old 4th quarter 2014)
NEW usb version HMNA2017Q2 ( and new 2nd quarter 2017)

Map database update entails :
old Map database version CMCN4VP4NA;V5
old Map database version CMCN4VP4NA;V10

So? what did I really get here? Is there anywhere that has a list of changes/additions?

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
I went from 4th quarter '12 to 4th quarter '16 on my Jeep GC. It definitely added new roads, speed limits, and poi's that didn't exist in '12. Never found any list of changes.

Sounds like it worked out great for you, but I'd be surprised if the seller is totally legitimate. Time will tell.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts