SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on quantity purchase discount with MW for 2 piece drive shafts for manual Challenger Hellcats. Any one SERIOUSLY interested?? Let me know and I’ll get some prices from them.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,509 Posts
This one is going to be hard sell due to the price. VERY FEW people have a need for a driveshaft of this caliber and price. Its a nice piece, but man is it expensive.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agree LOL, in talking with them if I could get 5 pieces may be able to get them for around 2500 each, at 10 maybe even a bit less. I’ve been running a Wiles 4” unit for about 2 years, it’s a battleship and does not vibrate much at all, best I’ve tried of 3 brands, but you can tell it’s there from a stock 2 piece unit.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,509 Posts
Agree LOL, in talking with them if I could get 5 pieces may be able to get them for around 2500 each, at 10 maybe even a bit less. I’ve been running a Wiles 4” unit for about 2 years, it’s a battleship and does not vibrate much at all, best I’ve tried of 3 brands, but you can tell it’s there from a stock 2 piece unit.
$2500 is a fantastic deall but you got so many people that don't want to spend more than $800-1000 for a one piece aluminum that's just "good enough".

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
857 Posts
If I had power mods like you I'd be down, but being stock I cannot justify even getting a DSS 1pc system much less one of THAT caliber. Goodluck, I'll ask around local but chances are thats too money for anyone to get in with ya.

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,280 Posts
As sexy as it is. I am not sure I will ever be at the power level that justifies this part. The potential weight loss is the most appealing thing for me.

$2500 US is about $4000 CDN to the door.
Unfortunately we get hit pretty good.
At times we get surprises like UPS additional shipping charges, which really jack up the price.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
10 Posts
If there was a way to include charger hellcats in this group buy and there was enough people to get it down to say $2k usd I’d be in

·
Registered
72 Posts
How fast have you gone with it? Are you putting down a lot of power?

Any one else have experience with this ds?
I haven’t been to the track yet. I’m only making around 9-930whp. I bought it for peace of mind. Been 130-140mph. Very smooth.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If there was a way to include charger hellcats in this group buy and there was enough people to get it down to say $2k usd I’d be in
Unfortunately there has not been enough interest in this with people wanting to sign up to buy one. Snd in discussion with MW direct even at 10 their not willing to go below 3000 each. Anyone interested in signing up at this price PM me and post interest here.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
450 Posts
What’s the point in a two piece driveshaft anyway ,? a I mean I get the vibration dampening I guess, but heck a well built one piece which handles 1400 hp for 900 bucks, or even carbon at 1400 bucks seems really hard to beat..I’ve never had issues with a good one piece on other rides, and the hellcat isn’t that long..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts