SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gets installed on Monday. Its replacing a DSS 4" Aluminum (which served me well). This is a nice piece and should handle my 1035 TQ without any issues. Pictures below next to stock unit.

IMG_1524.jpg
IMG_1525.jpg
IMG_1526.jpg
IMG_1527.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
125 Posts
Nice. I like mine. Its supposed to be crazy strong. No way i'll ever make enough power to push its limits.
20191012_184949.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
121 Posts
Can someone please explain at what HP should this or some version of this be done? Does it benefit a stock vehicle? Gas mileage or quarter mile? Daily driving issues? Just trying to learn, thank you much! Not sure if the stock part in the pics are a hellcat or redeye, I have a redeye, always looking for upgrades to increase longevity.

Reactions: WVHEMIS

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This driveshaft is not needed for a stock vehicle. For me, I pulled the trigger when my TQ exceeded 1000 ft lbs. The Mark Williams is rated at 4000 ft lbs.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
125 Posts
If racing on drag radials or especially slicks, i would do it on a stock Redeye, and get a differential brace. On street tires and stock you should be ok on the street and maybe the strip. The Hellcat driveshaft is definitely a weak link but I believe your Redeye has an upgraded Demon drive shaft because of the HP increase over a Hellcat.

Reactions: Baloothebear

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I added the AAD Wheel Hop Kit and Toe arms. Not sure if its all attributable only to the Mark Williams driveshaft but everything in the rear and diff are sooooooooooooooo quiet now. Very pleased with that outcome.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
121 Posts
Jwalker793 what was the approx cost for this and was there any major weight differences that you saw? Thank you and congrats!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,776 Posts
It's definitely a worthy driveshaft. After breaking my G-force 1 piece and now a vibration over 120 mph on my CCI I really need to save my nickels and get this driveshaft . Our cars are too long for a 1 piece driveshaft and we hit critical speed on them . It's good to see this driveshaft out in the real world.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
769 Posts
If it was around 2K I would get one but $3200 is insane imo.
$2k might be too little but would be an interesting economics case study on what a $2,500 price point would do to their revenue.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
702 Posts
$2k might be too little but would be an interesting economics case study on what a $2,500 price point would do to their revenue.
IMHO it would increase their revenue because they would sell more.

Maybe not at $2500.....but let's say $2199.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
5,813 Posts
I would imagine they've already done that analysis on their cost to produce vs how many they expect to sell and based the price on that.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
769 Posts
I would imagine they've already done that analysis on their cost to produce vs how many they expect to sell and based the price on that.
You’d think but most people in the auto industry are in it because they love autos. I haven’t come across many who are true business people AND care less about autos and are simply in it because of economics. “Generally”, in any industry, if the founder’s name is the name on the door it is all but guaranteed the above applies.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts