SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just traded my B5 SRT 392 in for a B5 Blue Hellcat with a black hood. I'm wanting to see if anyone has done a ghost hellcat decal on the HOOD itself??? Hopefully someone has and can post up the pics of it. Really thinking of doing a large Hellcat with a slight slant in matte black so it's not super visible

·
HOTM Winner
7,982 Posts
I am by no means a car paint novice (let alone expert), but can you even do ghost images on matte black? If so, how would the cat head be orientated? I know you said at a slant, but Left, Right, Fwd, Back?

·
HOTM Winner
7,982 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
I personally would not put anything on the matte hood, unless you want to ruin the matte finish in the future because decals don't hold up forever. You might get hit with a rock and tear it, then it will need to be replaced. Then when they buff the residue off your hood it will no longer be matte. Your choice, but just FYI.

·
Administrator
8,157 Posts
Looks great. Very stealth and not obtrusive at all I must say.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I personally would not put anything on the matte hood, unless you want to ruin the matte finish in the future because decals don't hold up forever. You might get hit with a rock and tear it, then it will need to be replaced. Then when they buff the residue off your hood it will no longer be matte. Your choice, but just FYI.
I would probably heat the residue up slightly with a heat gun on low and use chemical guys matte finish spray detailer to help aid with the removal of the glue residue without buffing a shine in the matte finish.

·
Registered
891 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Where please? $?

Where please? $?
I did this at a shop in shoreview mn, autotrimmers. That plus my hockey sticks on the sides was about 900.

I'd look for a shop on your area with a good portfolio and go have them give you a tour. If they got work they can be proud of they'll show you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts