SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Maximum Steel

25K views 45 replies 30 participants last post by  Sixspdz 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum but I'll keep this short. I'm thinking of making a switch to the Hellcat, but first I'd like to get an idea of some color options. Does anyone have any photos of a Hellcat in Maximum Steel? Seems to be a rare color way.

#3 ·
Hello, and welcome! Here is a link to one of our member's car: Post your pictures of your Hellcat here- Lets see what combinations are out there

I have seen Maximum Steel in person, and it is beautiful. It is a Pearl Coat and from a distance, depending on the light, it will look like Phantom Black, Granite Crystal, and even sometimes Jazz (Contusion) Blue. Close up in bright light, it is VERY sparkly, with tiny motes of the following colors: Teal, Silver, Gold, Hot Pink, and Blue. Like all of the darker colors except Granite Crystal (which is very sparkly even when dirty), Maximum Steel looks black unless it is clean. But, it is a beautiful thing to behold when clean, that is certain! I would recommend that you take a look at it for yourself ... perhaps go to a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/RAM dealership and ask to see any vehicles on the lot that are Maximum Steel. Then you will be able to make an accurate decision on whether or not that is the color that speaks to you. Good Luck in making your choice, and let us know what you decide! :)

April

#6 ·
Hello, and welcome! Here is a link to one of our member's car: Post your pictures of your Hellcat here- Lets see what combinations are out there

I have seen Maximum Steel in person, and it is beautiful. It is a Pearl Coat and from a distance, depending on the light, it will look like Phantom Black, Granite Crystal, and even sometimes Jazz (Contusion) Blue. Close up in bright light, it is VERY sparkly, with tiny motes of the following colors: Teal, Silver, Gold, Hot Pink, and Blue. Like all of the darker colors except Granite Crystal (which is very sparkly even when dirty), Maximum Steel looks black unless it is clean. But, it is a beautiful thing to behold when clean, that is certain! I would recommend that you take a look at it for yourself ... perhaps go to a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/RAM dealership and ask to see any vehicles on the lot that are Maximum Steel. Then you will be able to make an accurate decision on whether or not that is the color that speaks to you. Good Luck in making your choice, and let us know what you decide! :)

April
April, you Nailed it!

Reactions: april77 and GOMER
#5 ·
Here are some photos of my "might as well be black" Maximum Steel Hellcat:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Muscle car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Motor vehicle
Snow Automotive exterior Headlamp Vehicle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Transport

While it appears black at first glance, in the right lighting it looks like a deep blue. In direct sunlight, it can also appear somewhat purple. It is definitely not as black as the Brilliant Black paint on my RAM pickup. Sitting side by side with the truck makes the Hellcat look like a dark grey

The close-up of the fender badge shows the blue and purple metal flake.

According to the 2016 Hellcat production numbers and statistics that PLMCRZY and ResumeSpeed have been so kind to assemble for us... Maximum Steel was the rarest (least popular?) color for model year 2016 Hellcats... both Challengers and Chargers..

#10 ·
Max Steel is a beautiful color it was my choice or Granite Crystal. They didn't sell any Max Steel cats in my province so it made the choice easier. Both are stunning in the sun and don't draw as much attention as other colors. The only bonus with the Granite is as April stated even dusty it doesn't show much.
The Max Steel is defiantly worth a look. Check it out in different lighting as it doesn't look the same in different light.

Reactions: MuscleGarageLA
#11 ·
Good luck, you can't go wrong! :)

#13 ·
I have max steel and the great thing is one - you rarely see anyone in that color and two - it will change color in different light settings so it feels like u have multiple hellcats...

Reactions: moparjim
#14 ·
Welcome to the forum and I must say Max steel is a solid choice. Keep us posted.

#15 ·
Good evening and welcome to the forum from upstate New York
The Hellcat never disappoints and is an engineering marvel
The hellcat family and community is very good and has a lot of passionate members

I hope your search lead you to your dream car
I look forward to welcoming you to the Hellcat family and community

Take care and be safe

#17 ·
Here is my Max Steel Hellcat. I washed, polished and waxed it this weekend as it wasn't supposed to rain this week... The DAY I was working on it, rain was in the forecast... So I didn't get a chance to take new pics all shined up except the video below which isn't much...

Maximum steel is a great color. Low production and underrated
One of the best standalone colors in my opinion
I may by a max steel hellcat charger for my wife.

#18 ·
I love the Max Steel. Like others have said, it seems to change color in different light. I have had mine for a year and I never get tired of looking at it.

Reactions: GOMER
#19 ·
Very difficult to get a good pic of it. I went to the dealer & found a bunch of Ram 1500's in Max Steel (wanted to see it in person before committing to the Cat). It looks grey in low light, but really pops in the sun !

Land vehicle Vehicle Hood Car Automotive exterior

Reactions: GOMER and Neo1130
#23 ·
I just picked up my '17 Maximum Steel Hellcat Charger last week. I am in love with this color. It looks a different color at every angle. I came from having all white on black cars, so this was a change for me. At first I was skeptical, but now I am happy I chose this color. In the sunlight you can really see the pearl in the paint. It almost looks like a blueish grey in the sun. At night, it looks black, and on a cloudy day it looks dark grey. Like everyone else was stating, this is a rare color. You don't see many of them rolling around. I am from the Metro Detroit area and there are hellcats and scat packs on every corner. But I have yet to see a maximum steel hellcat on the road. I believe I am the first here in the Metro Detroit Area to have this color in a Hellcat. Pictures don't do justice, you really need to see the color in person to understand.

Attachments

#29 ·
Thanks! I used the 2017 SRT hellcat badges and had the local pin strip guy in town hand paint it. Next step is the attached the Hellcat head on the front just need to build a bracket that is rounded to attach it to the grill...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.