SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

McLeod clutch failure

1660 18
I just burned through a brand new McLeod RXT 1200 at the track in three passes. I broke it in exactly as instructed, 500 miles of stop and go traffic. Took almost a month. Then fried it in one day left me dead at the end of the track.

Wondering what your experience has been and what other options are out there. Cars at 850hp/866tq so should have been fine. Not really looking to go through the same thing again.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
831 Posts
RPS if you can swing it...IF they offer a clutch for the hellcat.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
831 Posts
I would 1,000% see if RPS offers anything for the hellcat TR6060 before most other options.

I ran the RPS BC2 billet carbon twin in my CTS-V at 758whp for 2 summer seasons & 8 passes (of which 7 passes & 1 summer were on a failing slave) with zero discernable clutch wear after about 20k miles.

We've seen the triples hold well into 4 digits. There is a Quad version too. Why I have no idea as the triple was tested good to something like 1200whp.

It's carbon faced. It's somewhat stiff. Kinda harsh to daily...But if you want a clutch that will GRAB, HOLD and get BETTER with HEAT...that's your ticket.

Reactions: DiirtyKat
1 - 2 of 2 Posts