SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Gonna be a lot of buyers remorse on some of these cars, others are going for a bargain. MOPAR is doing very well, 1.2 million super bird, think we could have all put our rides in there and gotten above market by a fair chunk.

·
Registered
2022 SS, 2020 1320, 2019 HC-Sold, 1967 Camero SS, 1971 Charger Superbee
178 Posts
Collector grade cars are bringing crazy money. Wonder what they are putting in the booze or vetalation system there? Saw a few decent deals go through, but driver quality. Nothing wrong with that. If I own it it is going for a ride when the weather is nice! I'm one of the original or correct restoration guys. Watching the restomod prices is making me rethink that in the future.

·
Registered
'21 C8 2LT || Former 2020 Hellcat
2,984 Posts
Keep in mind that collector grade cars aren't usually bought for the love of the car, to take it to car shows, or to ever drive. They're tangible stock options. There's not too many investments that gain 100% in 6 years. That's why people do it. Then, once they get a marquee car that's worth north of $200,000, even if it fluctuates on the market up only 10%, then it's often an easy way to make 20 grand, sometimes within a week of buying the car.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
161 Posts
Collector grade cars are bringing crazy money. Wonder what they are putting in the booze or vetalation system there? Saw a few decent deals go through, but driver quality. Nothing wrong with that. If I own it it is going for a ride when the weather is nice! I'm one of the original or correct restoration guys. Watching the restomod prices is making me rethink that in the future.
The resto-mod market is super strong. I think its because a lot of guys my age in their 40's finally have the money to buy them, and grew up hearing about the glory days of the muscle car in the 60's and love the old body styles and history but want the performance and creature comforts of a modern car. I have a good friend that just bought a 68 Camaro SS that is a resto mod and its an amazing car. Modern tubular and billet suspension parts with coil overs and Wilwood discs at all four corners with a fuel injected 383 stroker and a modern interior with AC/ heated seats / and a infotainment system with good speakers. He was pretty hard core hot rod guy but the more car meets / shows we went to together, the more I saw him gravitate towards the resto-mod cars. Went from a very cool but hot and cramped '34 Ford Hotrod to this Camaro and he loves it. On another note, the dealer I bought my Redeye from had a Demon in the showroom that had 2000 miles on it. At the time he wanted just over 100k for it. I could have bought it but I thought the Redeye was more practical as a street car. In hindsight that was a mistake as I culd have had that demon for a few years and enjoyed it, sold it and made 30 to 50k on it and bought a Redeye anyway....

·
Registered
Which one?
331 Posts
Keep in mind that collector grade cars aren't usually bought for the love of the car, to take it to car shows, or to ever drive. They're tangible stock options. There's not too many investments that gain 100% in 6 years. That's why people do it. Then, once they get a marquee car that's worth north of $200,000, even if it fluctuates on the market up only 10%, then it's often an easy way to make 20 grand, sometimes within a week of buying the car.
That's true, but I have a feeling making 100% on a car that has already doubled it's MSRP in just 4 years will be a bit tough to say the least. Not impossible, but I just can't really see people paying much more than $200k in the near future for them.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
177 Posts
I wonder if that was the one I saw at August Luxury Motorcars in Kelowna, BC a few weeks ago. I saw the Demon crate sitting there, asked if the had the car…salesman pointed it out hiding amongst the supercars. I asked how many miles, he said “16….not 16,000….16”. I said, “ I won’t even ask the next question, haha”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
797 Posts
That's true, but I have a feeling making 100% on a car that has already doubled it's MSRP in just 4 years will be a bit tough to say the least. Not impossible, but I just can't really see people paying much more than $200k in the near future for them.
I don't know about that. The rich get richer and have to spend their money on something Demons are now the Rembrandts of the motor world. Only made 3300 of them. I would pay an extra 50k or more for it if money didn't matter, and for a lot of people it doesn't. These will still climb in value IMO.

·
Registered
433 Posts
The resto-mod market is super strong. I think its because a lot of guys my age in their 40's finally have the money to buy them, and grew up hearing about the glory days of the muscle car in the 60's and love the old body styles and history but want the performance and creature comforts of a modern car. I have a good friend that just bought a 68 Camaro SS that is a resto mod and its an amazing car. Modern tubular and billet suspension parts with coil overs and Wilwood discs at all four corners with a fuel injected 383 stroker and a modern interior with AC/ heated seats / and a infotainment system with good speakers. He was pretty hard core hot rod guy but the more car meets / shows we went to together, the more I saw him gravitate towards the resto-mod cars. Went from a very cool but hot and cramped '34 Ford Hotrod to this Camaro and he loves it. On another note, the dealer I bought my Redeye from had a Demon in the showroom that had 2000 miles on it. At the time he wanted just over 100k for it. I could have bought it but I thought the Redeye was more practical as a street car. In hindsight that was a mistake as I culd have had that demon for a few years and enjoyed it, sold it and made 30 to 50k on it and bought a Redeye anyway....
I totally agree… I’d pay a ton of money for a perfect Resto Mod. The original cars do nothing for me. My father restored an all original 69 Camaro SS and I have to say, it really drove like absolute SHIT. A Resto Mod though?!? Pfft… I’m all over it

·
Registered
433 Posts
I don't know about that. The rich get richer and have to spend their money on something Demons are now the Rembrandts of the motor world. Only made 3300 of them. I would pay an extra 50k or more for it if money didn't matter, and for a lot of people it doesn't. These will still climb in value IMO.
5 more years Demons will be pushing well over 500k… wouldn’t even be surprised if we saw a million

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
A stock 22' RE, it will sell for more than an optioned JB in 10 years with less than 500 miles compared to the JB's 10K miles. So for collector/investment grade car it's all about the millage (or lack of) and original parts/condition. Basically these guys are the ones who bought Star Wars action figures back when they were 9 years old in 1982 and left them in the package before that was even a thing. Personally I can't get down with the collector mindset unless it was car I just didn't care about and had no desire to drive.
18 pace car edition Corvettes went for $1.2 million, that's just under 70K each, was it a good deal? I'd say yes as he can probably unload them individually for 80-100K but it's all dependent on millage and condition. Don't forget about insurance, a $250,000 car gonna run $1,000 a month for full coverage insurance (love to hear what people are paying for their $100K cars). Keep the car 10 years in your garage and you still spent $120K on insurance. Also, as mentioned in a previous post, the value of the dollar will diminish over time, real rate of inflation is 3%, I.E. $80K x 1.03 x 1.03 x 1.03 x 1.03 x 1.03 = $92,742 is your break even cost in 5 years plus (say you have good deal on) insurance at $250 a month adds $15,000. If you purchased for $80K you would have to sell for $107,742 to break even.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts