SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2017 Hellcat Challenger ToRed, oem carbon stripes, 6speed. It's all stock. I ordered a 2019 Redeye Widebody on 9/31/19 it should be here soon.
I designed it on the Dodge website and brought the paperwork to my local dealer. I wanted to take advantage of the $10 per horsepower cash allowance. I choose Go Mango , Satin hood , roof , trunk lid , Hood pins , Black devils wheels , Orange calipers , SRT performance spoiler. The interior I kept simple and basic with future modifications in mind . Houndstooth cloth seats. Basic Uconnect 8.4 , rear seat delete , no harmon kardon for me the car makes the music !.Driver convenience group . 3.09 rear gear. The stock Pirelli P-0 all seasons. The first modifications are here waiting on the car. Toyo Proxis R888R 325's on the rear , 315's on the front .UPR catch can. DIRS diff brace. ZLI Addons Splitter guards, Widebody rock guards , Race cool down mode override. Dimple magnetic drain plugs , one for the oil pan the other for the oil cooler . Wrap the nose , mirrors , wheel flairs , a pillars ,and ceramic coat it. I will be at Wannagofast events , Drive Florida Rallies and plan on The Texas Mile in October 2020 , maybe with a Dusterhoff tune by then. I'm 59 years young and always wanted a Hellcat since 1967 when I first realized I was a car guy. MERRY CHRISTMAS ! ENJOY YOUR FAMILY AND FREINDS TODAY

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
16 Posts
Congrats & Merry Christmas. My Redeye was ordered 8-30-2019 and delivered 10-21 or less than 8 weeks. Already 12 weeks since your order. Must have gotten many build orders and given 2019's were stopped Mid-November and if 8 weeks is good timing, should have it first or second week in January. Good Luck!!!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,072 Posts
I ordered a 2019 Redeye Widebody on 9/31/19
Lol that might be the problem!

Seriously, three months? I'd be getting a little worried.

You have a POC from the dealer proving he ordered it?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats & Merry Christmas. My Redeye was ordered 8-30-2019 and delivered 10-21 or less than 8 weeks. Already 12 weeks since your order. Must have gotten many build orders and given 2019's were stopped Mid-November and if 8 weeks is good timing, should have it first or second week in January. Good Luck!!!!
Congrats and Merry Christmas to your family as well!
Thanks ! A friend ordered one from the same dealer 3 days after I did , and his came in on 12/18/19 . I originally placed the order with Plum Crazy paint . The dealer said they are discontinuing Plum Crazy for the 2020's ( which is true) and said that it may not be available this late in 2019 , they said I may have to wait on an upcoming allotment. So 7 days into the order I changed to plan B , Go Mango.They claim this is the reason for the delay. Me personally I believe the folks in Brampton like the car so dam much they don't want to give it up . My friend that got his is a little more sinister he thinks it fell off the truck and they're bondo-ing it up as we speak . I will keep you guys and gals informed and upload some pics when it gets here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol that might be the problem!

Seriously, three months? I'd be getting a little worried.

You have a POC from the dealer proving he ordered it?

I have the POC and VIN # . The dealer has a deposit and the car exists somewhere in a Detroit are shipping yard.
Some how it missed the train to Florida. I'm not overly concerned yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Since you ordered Hood Pins, they are not installed at Brampton but in Detroit at Jefferson North Assembly Plant. Call SRT and they can give you an updated status. My Redeye was in Detroit for less than a week. The change in order 7 days after order and if the vehicle already had a VIN assigned and in the build Gateline, the order would have to be cancelled and re-entered not edited causing the delay by going back to the end of the line of orders......

Reactions: Linda's Hell Cat

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since you ordered Hood Pins, they are not installed at Brampton but in Detroit at Jefferson North Assembly Plant. Call SRT and they can give you an updated status. My Redeye was in Detroit for less than a week. The change in order 7 days after order and if the vehicle already had a VIN assigned and in the build Gateline, the order would have to be cancelled and re-entered not edited causing the delay by going back to the end of the line of goodorders......
That's good information. I will follow up on it , and post my findings. I think Dodge should set up a follow your build on Dodge Garage.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,118 Posts
Welcome to the Forum
Congrats on the Fasssst Fun order upgrade!

Merry Christmas
Linda :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's good information. I will follow up on it , and post my findings. I think Dodge should set up a follow your build on Dodge Garage.
Unfortunately, FCA when it was DaimlerChrysler had a website that customers could track their vehicle has been discontinued. Guessing it may have exposed inefficiencies in the transit process at that time. Based on my recent experience, Lost Vehicles in Consolidation Centers is no longer a chronic problem.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unfortunately, FCA when it was DaimlerChrysler had a website that customers could track their vehicle has been discontinued. Guessing it may have exposed inefficiencies in the transit process at that time. Based on my recent experience, Lost Vehicles in Consolidation Centers is no longer a chronic problem.....
I called SRT yesterday, they ran my vin and told me the car was in Detroit . Current status approved for shipment / no ship date assigned. I asked the rep how my friend Matt got his on 12/18/19 and he had ordered it on 10/2/19 at the same dealer. I had ordered mine on 9/30/19. She pulled up the vin again and looked at the car. She claimed that my car was more or less a special order due to satin paint on hood, roof, and trunk lid , hood pins, rear seat delete, and she also mentioned the Hounds cloth seats aren't very common. Who knows ,maybe there's some truth in this or perhaps it just got lost in the shuffle. I'm a patient person and will wait it out.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,072 Posts
I called SRT yesterday, they ran my vin and told me the car was in Detroit . Current status approved for shipment / no ship date assigned. I asked the rep how my friend Matt got his on 12/18/19 and he had ordered it on 10/2/19 at the same dealer. I had ordered mine on 9/30/19. She pulled up the vin again and looked at the car. She claimed that my car was more or less a special order due to satin paint on hood, roof, and trunk lid , hood pins, rear seat delete, and she also mentioned the Hounds cloth seats aren't very common. Who knows ,maybe there's some truth in this or perhaps it just got lost in the shuffle. I'm a patient person and will wait it out.
Something is not right. There's 2020 cars already starting to arrive at dealerships yet your 2019 is still sitting?

Sorry but 3 months is totally ridiculous and I'd no longer be patient. They owe you a credible explanation and I don't buy the hood pins being the problem. These are done at the same Upfitter that does everything else and it takes them literally minutes to install.

I would want to know exactly what has caused this unusual delay. There were guys late in the year that got their car in about a month, yours should have been here a month ago at least.

When you search for the build sheet and the window sticker, do they both come up?

COMPLETE VIN

ALL CAPS

·
Registered
16 Posts
How long has it been in Detroit? This could be the hold up dependent upon how many "specials" they had to install... My Redeye was at Jefferson North for less than a week. Ask if they have a Shipment Promise or Release Date for Rail and by Truck. Further, the expertise varies at the SRT Help Desk. I have gotten some representatives who were somewhat clueless and others that were very helpful. Remember too that FCA and related Transport companies are most likely closed during the Holidays so no inputs into system.... October 1 Build Status.jpeg

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sounds like a total pain in the butt of a runaround... hope you get it soon... sounds badass

1 - 20 of 22 Posts