SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a short video of my hub and want to see if the rattle I hear is also present on other Hellcats with Metco hub.

Can send video via FB msgr if it helps or text message

Looking to get it swapped out unless something can possibly be determined as the reason for the noise .... took the pulley off, shook and rotated the hub all possible directions and hope to find out if it is normal for the part?

Already have it in the works to change the snout out with new shaft and bearings but I did not install the hub and have no first hand experience if this rattle (slight as It may be) is not out of the ordinary

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Indigo Blue with Graphics Package
1,495 Posts
I had the same issue, the pulley ended up causing bearing wear in the snout (started as slight noise and got louder). Ended up sending everything out to Jon Bond for a rebuild and swapped to a clutched pulley.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Widebody (destroyer grey)
492 Posts
Unfortunately, I think running a none clutched pulley is a cause for a lot of the issues if the snout is stock. It seems to be too harsh on the stock bearing and also the crank pulley if you are not pinned. Unless you have a built snout, I'd stick with a clutched pulley.

·
Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The quality of manufacturing for the GripTec hub is spoken of highly from the shops I am using and they are concurring with my choice to change from Metco to GripTec.

Currently there is only one option for aftermarket snout, several shops including the one I have on my car port and polish the OEM snout and bearing plate. Had been in touch with SDG regarding their trifecta but want to ensure I take all actions needed to eliminate variables not already addressed before I drop another $3k into it and have to ship my blower off for them to do their rebuild and install of new bearing plate and Hellephant Killer snout, etc.

Had also contacted Satera for their Rings of Hell clutched swappable pulley hub and rings.....again trying to determine how much down time I want to accept when I am up against obligations of activities I already planned.

·
HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,402 Posts
There will be zero difference from griptec to metco. The 2015s simply got crap bearings.

Just rebuild the snout bearings and move on. Or send it to someone if you are not able to do it.

Clutched pulleys come apart and are an issue of their own.

16GoManGoHC can tell you what bearings to use in the snout.

#16GoManGoHC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts