SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Just installed the MFER-1 and am pretty happy with it. Previously there was a squeak with initial light throttle than it lets up and starts again through 2000-2500 RPM. The valve fix corrected the problem and now the car sounds meaner at idle. I am still hearing a tiny rattle at start up but the annoying straining noise of the valves opening is gone. Easy but meticulous install as you have to be careful to keep the springs in position as you remove the actuators and install the hardware in the correct order. Great youtube video from work play drive helped me out.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
289 Posts
you have to be careful to keep the springs in position as you remove the actuators
You know....I kept reading about that, but when I removed the actuators....the springs were clipped in & not going anywhere.
And then I had to flip the spring 180 degrees on one side to match how they were supposed to go, per the picture in the instructions

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don’t notice any difference in exhaust tone when I have my cat in track. I think it just opens faster. Not stay open.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts