SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually, all Michelin 4 tire sets sold by Costco are on sale. Starts today and lasts until 5/18/2021.

I just ordered a set Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (standard 275's) this afternoon. Price per tire was $334 and the $150 instant savings. Mounted and balanced out the door price is $1285. CA sales tax added another $90+ to the total. I'll probably have them mounted next week.

If anyone else is considering ordering the Pilot Sport 4S from Costco, be aware that Costco carries two separate SKU's for the same tire (1519142 and 1236972). The only difference between the two seems to be a slightly deeper albeit inconsequential tread depth in favor of the 1236972 SKU. However, the service manager at my Costco tire center also confirmed that the 1236972 SKU is a more recent generation of Pilot Sport 4S.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,928 Posts
I’d be curious what the “born on” date is with Costco tires. Could you check that and report back? Just wondering if they are moving old stock or not.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d be curious what the “born on” date is with Costco tires. Could you check that and report back? Just wondering if they are moving old stock or not.
I'll see if that's possible, but from what the service manager said about the different SKU's for the same tire, that seems to be in line with them keeping current on their stock

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some vendor made a post about this the other day with better savings.
You're right. I've seen other competitors with equal or better pricing as well, but for me the consideration of Costco's free Advantage (Installation Package including Lifetime Maintenance Services) tips the scales for me in their favor. For example, American Tire Depot matches Costco's price on the Michelin package and installation, but their version of Costco's Advantage tacks on another $200 to the OTD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts