SRT Hellcat Forum banner

441 - 460 of 498 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,821 Posts
Stopped by Discount last week and I now have 7K miles(including a road course track day) on my 4S tires. I have 7/32 left up front and 5/32 out back. Decided not to rotate since I want something stickier out back but they have been amazing! I'll probably get 9-10K miles out of the rear tires and at least 15K out of the fronts
Im now at 10,200 miles on them and they are at 2/32. Still very manageable for traction but anything more than half throttle lights them up. Ive done 60 on wet roads with no issues. Amazing tires. For those of you who DD with a heavy foot I expect you could get 12k miles out of these. That track day I put them through really took a good chunk of life out of them. Fronts are at 5/32s. I'll see 16-20k miles out of them

Stopped by Discount again and because I only made it 1/3 thru the mileage warranty they are giving me $190 back per tire and can transfer that to any tire I want. I think Im going R888R. I doubt I see 10K miles though. So buy 1 get 1 free for drag radials!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
That is fantastic that Discount is doing that for you! I have the R888Rs on the back of my car. 305 35 20s. With all the power I was making they still did not hook up. But over 50 they were way better than street tires. A little noisy. My car was towed to SRT today. Within two weeks I should have her back.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,821 Posts
DesertCat Ya I have an awesome guy at Discount on the east side. If you get it back before I order Id love to check them out. I keep hearing about road noise and rocks being thrown. I'll probably be ordering tires in 4-6 weeks. Wait till the rain is done

555R or MT Street SS are the only others Im considering

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
No rock problems. They are more than half worn. No problems in the rain. Of course I was driving very conservatively. Whether street tires or the R888Rs with our monsoons and the oil coming up from the roads you just have to drive slow. Let the all wheel and four wheel drive vehicles pass you up and drive relaxed. Of course we can meet up in a few weeks.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,486 Posts
I've heard the Toyo and Nitto NT01 and the road noise is pretty loud. They won't hook on the street as well as a 305/35 555R either. Except for the rain I love a 555R as a daily driver tire. They're even pretty cheap for the performance they give.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,292 Posts
PS4S has a 30K mile warranty?! :confused:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,470 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,160 Posts
I can't believe how well my set of four 285/35's for track use are holding up! Their side shoulders are some real tough stuff. They make the Pirelli's seem like drag radials in comparasion for wear.

I can't believe how perfect the 295/35 on a 10.5" wheel works in back either, both for fit and function.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
For our cars that is a dangerous warranty! :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
388 Posts
For those who want this tire in 315/35/20, I just chatted with Michelin. Rep said they no longer are planning to make them in that size.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,160 Posts
That is too bad, it would be about perfect for a square Widebody fit.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,821 Posts
Yes, when installed in a square setup and rotated at 6,000 miles. 15,000 mile warranty when installed in a staggered arrangement.
My guy didnt even care that I didn't rotate them. I knew they wouldn't last 12k miles and wanted to keep the extra tread up front. I keep going back and forth on 555Rs and R888Rs. I dont hit the drag strip but Im all about 1st and 2nd gear hits on our crappy roads...Maybe a ride in DesertCats car will help

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
UPS lost my engine! The engine builder put in a claim. If not located by tomorrow night he is building me a new one. So we are delayed at least two weeks.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,048 Posts
UPS lost my engine! The engine builder put in a claim. If not located by tomorrow night he is building me a new one. So we are delayed at least two weeks.
Jeez, how do you lose an engine? I'd start at the delivery drivers home address.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
495 Posts
It is possible for UPS to lose large packages. I once ordered a full computer system and UPS claimed it was lost during shipment. I was thinking how the hell is that possible, somebody obviously stole it.

Turns out it was found sitting in a warehouse months later with a damaged label. By that time I had already received a replacement and the lost package needed to be returned.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
406 Posts
My guy didnt even care that I didn't rotate them. I knew they wouldn't last 12k miles and wanted to keep the extra tread up front. I keep going back and forth on 555Rs and R888Rs. I dont hit the drag strip but Im all about 1st and 2nd gear hits on our crappy roads...Maybe a ride in DesertCats car will help
555Rs will have the edge in 1st gear pulls.

The R888Rs hook good at about 20mph in first, just a fraction of a second chip and then you're in the back of your seat. The r888rs will have the advantage in hard corners and can handle speeds over 150mph, unlike the 555rs. The R888R is everything I was hoping for with the PS4S, minus the tread wear.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,821 Posts
Wow thats crazy. Its gotta be sitting somewhere.

We can't have your tires dry rotting. I'll come pick them up and put some miles on them :p
555Rs will have the edge in 1st gear pulls.

The R888Rs hook good at about 20mph in first, just a fraction of a second chip and then you're in the back of your seat. The r888rs will have the advantage in hard corners and can handle speeds over 150mph, unlike the 555rs. The R888R is everything I was hoping for with the PS4S, minus the tread wear.
I might do 1 road course day over the next 12 months so it would be nice to have R888Rs for that. I just want the best possible street performance and the 555Rs have been that for what, 15 years? Hmm

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,821 Posts
Well I had a low tire pressure light on Tuesday for my right rear. This is the 3rd nail I've had in this car! Called Discount and ordered the Nittos. They came in today and I already beat my 4.1 0 to 60 with a 3.9 in the first 5 miles. That was in 100 degree heat with the AC on and 33psi. I can get it down to 3.5 or better Im sure. Nice quiet, soft ride. Maybe softer than the Michelins. Hope to see 8K miles out of these but we'll see.

Total came out to $350 for 2 tires with road hazards. They gave me $440 off because the Michelins only lasted 10,500 miles. 275/40:

20180907_125131.jpg

20180907_135514.jpg

441 - 460 of 498 Posts