SRT Hellcat Forum banner

461 - 480 of 498 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
69 Posts
I've digested this whole thread from the beginning and the Michelin PS 4S are now on my short list. I have to lose these stock P-Zero's before something bad happens. Initially the 555r and MT ET street were my first pick with the Firestone Indy 500's also being considered. The Michelins might be the best all around tire. It does give up a little straight line traction to a DR but is much better in wet and cooler conditions. I'm in Ky so we get a little of everything temperature and weather wise. I'm a new Hellcat owner but have been racing for many years. My first thought was to put the MT on and have the best tire from a dig (IMO) but I find myself driving mostly leisurely but with a couple of 0 to 60's thrown in everytime I get behind the wheel. The roads are curvy and hilly where I'm at. The fact is I would feel better with the M's over a DR in cooler or inclement weather. My Hellcat is not a daily driver and doesn't leave the garage in bad weather so I still may wind up with a DR to satisfy the Drag Racer in me but the PS 4S is very impressive.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,470 Posts
I've digested this whole thread from the beginning and the Michelin PS 4S are now on my short list. I have to lose these stock P-Zero's before something bad happens. Initially the 555r and MT ET street were my first pick with the Firestone Indy 500's also being considered. The Michelins might be the best all around tire. It does give up a little straight line traction to a DR but is much better in wet and cooler conditions. I'm in Ky so we get a little of everything temperature and weather wise. I'm a new Hellcat owner but have been racing for many years. My first thought was to put the MT on and have the best tire from a dig (IMO) but I find myself driving mostly leisurely but with a couple of 0 to 60's thrown in everytime I get behind the wheel. The roads are curvy and hilly where I'm at. The fact is I would feel better with the M's over a DR in cooler or inclement weather. My Hellcat is not a daily driver and doesn't leave the garage in bad weather so I still may wind up with a DR to satisfy the Drag Racer in me but the PS 4S is very impressive.
If you're not using it as a daily driver, I whole heartedly recommend the Nitto 555R. Its tough not to recommend the 555R even if you're DD.

Reactions: GOMER

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
83 Posts
Well I had a low tire pressure light on Tuesday for my right rear. This is the 3rd nail I've had in this car! Called Discount and ordered the Nittos. They came in today and I already beat my 4.1 0 to 60 with a 3.9 in the first 5 miles. That was in 100 degree heat with the AC on and 33psi. I can get it down to 3.5 or better Im sure. Nice quiet, soft ride. Maybe softer than the Michelins. Hope to see 8K miles out of these but we'll see.

Total came out to $350 for 2 tires with road hazards. They gave me $440 off because the Michelins only lasted 10,500 miles. 275/40:
What size Nitto's do you go with Jefe? Factory width wheels still?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,821 Posts
You know I was going to ask about that and forgot. I dont think I did unless Discount warehouse does it automatically now

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
388 Posts
I have these in 345's. Dramatic improvement in handling (KW's played a part in that as well), but I still get squirley in 2nd at full throttle, motor is still bone stock with the exception of a removed resonator!
How did you get them to fit? Pictures when you get a chance please.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,160 Posts
I have these in 345's. Dramatic improvement in handling (KW's played a part in that as well), but I still get squirley in 2nd at full throttle, motor is still bone stock with the exception of a removed resonator!
What size wheel are those on? Bone stock 707 hp version?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,160 Posts
20X12's, Lil Devil Fender Flares. Bone stock (Minus removed resonator).

Well that is not good news. But, I thought that is what you were going to say. Cole said worse about the Demon with the same size wheel/tire. That is what I want for the Redeye, May be better, but it still is going to be a spinning wild thing!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
24 Posts
Well that is not good news. But, I thought that is what you were going to say. Cole said worse about the Demon with the same size wheel/tire. That is what I want for the Redeye, May be better, but it still is going to be a spinning wild thing!
In my opinion (And of course everyone knows what that means), even stock this car needs drag radials. I've had them before on one of my Zo6's and it ruined the cars handling, wouldn't run them again on the street for that reason. Trying to find a happy medium, but with the bolt on's these tires will be useless until 3rd. American cars really need AWD with all their torque! We'll see how the Mid engine Corvette does with traction.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,044 Posts
Has anyone found the 275/40/20 cheaper than $339 ea?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
631 Posts
That’s a good looking tire! I’m about to do the same at 14,000 miles. The all seasons are ridiculous on these cars. I still have quite a bit of tread life on mine but after two years it’s time to get something on there with a little more grip. Can’t even step down on it at 70 without breaking them loose anymore. It’s fun the first couple of times, though.

461 - 480 of 498 Posts