SRT Hellcat Forum banner

481 - 498 of 498 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
38 Posts
I recently purchased wheels for my hellcat charger and slapped on a set of Michelin pilot sport 4. 275s up front and 315s in the rear. And DAMN! What a big difference! Got the traction I needed from a dig and the ride is awesome.. no noise or rough ride. Best decision yet!

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
875 Posts
I have been running the PS4 for a few thousand miles. I absolutely hated the factory Pirelli's on my Redeye. The PS4 is amazing in every category. I chose to run a 315/35 all the way around. This eliminated some of the Fender Gap and increased traction tremendously. View attachment 519247 View attachment 519249 View attachment 519251
Those are great tires and a perfect size for the WBRE. I had those in a square setup on my 2016 and they were a vast improvement over the Pirellis. I just installed Nitto NT555R’s on the rear of mine and that seem to be an improvement too. I thought about your set up and certainly liked it, but thought I’d try the Nittos. I may put the Michelin’s on after the Nittos wear out.
Don’t forget, the Michelin’s have a 30,000 mile warranty against wear, when installed in a square arrangement, provided you have proof they were rotated every 6,000 miles.
Any news on the 17” Devil’s Wheel, Biz is making for you?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
463 Posts
It's either these tires or Conti ECS for me, these new Michelins really get great all-around reviews.

Are the sidewalls quite stiff?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
223 Posts
Damnit! I saw the alert when I logged in and thought the Pilot Sport 4S (PS4S) were available in 315/35/20 now. They're supposed to be out this month or next and I've been waiting 6 months to order them. I guess I'll just keep waiting... grrr...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
365 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
365 Posts
I recently purchased wheels for my hellcat charger and slapped on a set of Michelin pilot sport 4. 275s up front and 315s in the rear. And DAMN! What a big difference! Got the traction I needed from a dig and the ride is awesome.. no noise or rough ride. Best decision yet!
I'm going to run the same setup up on my Challenger after I burn through the set of drag radials I just put on. I've dumped quite a bit of money into the suspension, and I want to put it to the test via turning/autocross/etc rather than the typical straight line fun I've been having.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey gents - thought I'd post a link to the feature I did with the tires. The driving impressions are mid-way through the article if you're looking to skip the rest:

Track Night In America: An Easy, Budget-Friendly Way To Get On Track

Long story short - the improvements are noticeable, and worth the money in my opinion - you just have to keep your expectations realistic for what a summer tire can deliver, especially with a car this powerful. The car will still get sideways if you're impatient on the throttle coming out of a corner, but it does put the grunt down more effectively and recover quicker than with the factory Pirellis. There's also more lateral grip, and I don't think any of it comes at a compromise to comfort and road noise levels.

In other news, if anyone in LA is looking for a set of Pzeros with about 80% tread on them, shoot me a message. I'd post a link to the ad, but one of the admins here banned me for a week for doing that before. Ironic, considering both sites are owned by VerticalScope (i.e. the ad revenue goes to the same bank account), but what can ya do.
[/QUOTE}
I have been running the PS4 for a few thousand miles. I absolutely hated the factory Pirelli's on my Redeye. The PS4 is amazing in every category. I chose to run a 315/35 all the way around. This eliminated some of the Fender Gap and increased traction tremendously. View attachment 519247
Any clearance issues? I've been going back and forth all day with this set up or just go with the 305's.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
140 Posts
I have been running the PS4 for a few thousand miles. I absolutely hated the factory Pirelli's on my Redeye. The PS4 is amazing in every category. I chose to run a 315/35 all the way around. This eliminated some of the Fender Gap and increased traction tremendously. View attachment 519247 View attachment 519249 View attachment 519251

Tire rack still does not list this size and Michelin does not show tread width.
What is the tread width you have?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I haven't bought them yet. All can find on Michelin site is cross section 305 is 12.3 and 315 is 12.6. How is your clearance on the fronts with the 315"s? I cant imagine any problems with less than 1/2 inch increase in cross section width. My car is getting clear bra right now. otherwise I would just take a look.
Thanks again

·
Registered
377 Posts
I swapped the Pirelli AS to the P4S (rear) and MPSS up front and the car feels incredibly planted now.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,804 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love the 4S. Still run stock A/S3+ 106Y on my 2017 Charger Hellcat. May try the 4S out at next tire swap. Great Discussion!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Reactions: rayzazoo

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7 Posts
Hello , iknow this post is a year old but I’m getting my Hellcat wide body redeye this week. The first thing I want to do is change the tires. Always been a fan of Michelin’s as they are GREAT tires all around. Wondering if you had any issues runnings this setup/size ? How were they overall ? Thank in advance for your feedback on this.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
875 Posts
Hello , iknow this post is a year old but I’m getting my Hellcat wide body redeye this week. The first thing I want to do is change the tires. Always been a fan of Michelin’s as they are GREAT tires all around. Wondering if you had any issues runnings this setup/size ? How were they overall ? Thank in advance for your feedback on this.
The Michelins are an excellent tire. The Pirellis are downright dangerous in some cases. Pulling out to pass, unless you roll into the throttle, you will break the tires loose at any speed of 60 mph or less with the stock Pirellis. It’s too easy to lose control if you’re not paying 100% attention. I swapped to the PS4S on my 2016 Hellcat and it was quite an improvement. I tried Nitto NT555R Drag Radials on my 2019 Redeye Widebody, which helped considerably, except when I got caught in the rain. In a hard downpour, I couldn’t drive over around 52-55 mph with them. After 4,000 miles they were completely smooth and I got a flat, so I put the Pirellis back on for now. Once I burn those up, I plan on going to the PS4S again, in 315/35-20 all around.

481 - 498 of 498 Posts