SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Michelin rep these were the last two available in the country right now. Who knows. Sized 295/35/20 Changing rears only at this point.

Super Sport 295/35/20's on the stock rims. My tire guy said no problem at all on the 9.5" rim. They will be here in about 5 days then I will post before after ass end pics and my opinion of the difference.

These tires should have about 11.5" of tread (2.5" more than now) on the ground and run just about .6" diameter smaller. Yet section width is only .6" wider and 5 lbs lighter per tire.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,126 Posts
pics when you get it and go 60mph and see what rpm you have now and once new meats are on and report

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,126 Posts
So they're taller

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2.5 inches of extra tread on the ground will offset the 2% smaller diameter plenty. Been there, done that. And I'm not buying bigger rims and worrying about will they fit. Beside, someone please tell me what tire I can't roast.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For me the difference is so negligible that I would even bother. At 60 your are only going to see basically 1.2 mph difference and as you slow down that difference gets smaller. At 120 mph you are only looking at 3-4 mph difference and at that speed the ticket/arrested will still be the same. If you are using the analog speedometer you would have a hard time distinguishing difference at typical speeds.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,882 Posts
When you are done please tell us how much space is on the rear passenger side front liner area (not an area we can mod), fairly low a rib sits there. I have measured several times matter of fact it is just a bit closer on the rt side VS left.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,029 Posts
Please take pictures from the side, and pictures from behind to show possible tire curl. Our factory tires on a 9.5 rim are 10.9 inches at the widest, and have a very low tread width of 9.4 inches (what touches the ground).

Some bigger tires, smaller rims curly up, reducing the tread width patch somewhat.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
175 Posts
Is it me or is there a big height diff...can we get some side pics?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Circle
Well, drove it hard after install and no "toast". As per specs, they are less diameter....no secret there, never was. Stickier tire, wider tire....accomplished my objective. I definitely doesn't hit rev limiter like it did before. May not accomplish your objective but then you shouldn't buy them. Just displaying a possible option. Picture of front stock size and new rear size.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.