SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about putting these on my charger hellcat. 305/35/20. Wondering if anyone has any experience running them. If anyone has any opinion on them would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT Hellcat
330 Posts
I am thinking about putting these on my charger hellcat. 305/35/20. Wondering if anyone has any experience running them. If anyone has any opinion on them would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
That’s a good choice. Plenty of customers running them. Search results

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
149 Posts
In my opinion the best drag radial out there. They hook damn good for a street tire. Downside is they don't last very long.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
About how long do they last? I don’t take my car to the track. So more a weekend fun car lol

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
About how long do they last? I don’t take my car to the track. So more a weekend fun car lol
Mine lasted a day. Was enjoying and test launching them on the street and logging 60 ft and 1/4 times with them and one run they broke loose in third and I kept a 80+ mph smoke billowing burnout going just like on the Dodge commercial and when I got home looked at my tires and they where almost bald. They never hooked again afterwards. I run Nitto 315 555R2’s now, NT05R before these. Like both.

·
Super Moderator
Jeep GC Trackhawk
2,464 Posts
I would suggest the Nitto NT555R/2 or the Toyo R888R if your going to run a drag radial on the street.

You get excellent dry traction with a decent amount of miles (approx. 6-8K without burnouts).

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
338 Posts
I would suggest the Nitto NT555R/2 or the Toyo R888R if your going to run a drag radial on the street.

You get excellent dry traction with a decent amount of miles (approx. 6-8K without burnouts).
This all day long if it's more of a weekend toy. If it's not going to the track, not much reason to run MT's....

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
172 Posts
Mine lasted a day. Was enjoying and test launching them on the street and logging 60 ft and 1/4 times with them and one run they broke loose in third and I kept a 80+ mph smoke billowing burnout going just like on the Dodge commercial and when I got home looked at my tires and they where almost bald. They never hooked again afterwards. I run Nitto 315 555R2’s now, NT05R before these. Like both.
How do you find the 315 Nitto 555RII compared to the Mickey Thompsons and the Nt05r?

·
Registered
58 Posts
My friend ran a set on his mustang...horrible. They would not balance well, and one started to wobble after about 1000 miles and had it sent back. Would never use these....

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
How do you find the 315 Nitto 555RII compared to the Mickey Thompsons and the Nt05r?
I like the 555R2’s and will buy again. I’ve ran NT05R’s before these, like 4 sets of them. They cold road surface hook best of any tire I’ve tried. I’m trying to hook with 935 wheel M6, I’ve made some 11.4 street 1/4’s with 2.0 60fts 3.6 0-60 with them on 35F roads. On warm pavement I’ve gotten down to 11.2 with 1.85 60 fts and 3.2 0-60’s. This summer my goal is to be in the high 10’s on the street at 140+ running corn on the same 315/35-20 555R2. The 140 1/4’s have already occurred but testing is delayed as my block looks like this at the moment lol
CF06F552-59A1-4C59-AEE6-772D75841EFA.jpeg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
108 Posts

Between the R888R tires and 555R2 which hooked better from a dig and slow roll launches? Ever ran the Toyos in the rain, if so how were they and are they really that noisy as people say? Also did you really average 6-8k miles on the R888R ? Thats not bad.

·
Super Moderator
Jeep GC Trackhawk
2,464 Posts
Between the R888R tires and 555R2 which hooked better from a dig and slow roll launches? Ever ran the Toyos in the rain, if so how were they and are they really that noisy as people say? Also did you really average 6-8k miles on the R888R ? Thats not bad.
From my experience running them both on my GT500 and Hellcat, they had about the same dry traction. I have run drag radials several times in the rain without issue, but, you have to be careful and use common sense. The R888R's are noisier than the NT555Rs, but I have always had loud exhaust, so I hardly ever noticed.

If I had to choose, I would go with the NT555R's because they're a couple hundred $$$ cheaper per pair. JMO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts