SRT Hellcat Forum banner

miles/oil change

5K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  70Cuda 
#1 ·
How many miles between oil changes do you guys recommend?

#3 ·
I use to do the 500 mile oil change and then go 6k in between with synthetic. The current Jeep SRT and Durango I said screw it and went straight to 6k. All I can say is.... they're still running at 16k and 8k miles respectively LOL!!

#7 ·
I will tomorrow. Been a long day and just about to hit the sheets now that the little ones are asleep. Really like it, kinda thinking I might like it over the Challenger (have driven them many times at track).

#9 ·
i only put 2,000 miles a year on my cars......so i do a 500-1000 mile oil change for the first one and then i do 1 oil change a year before i put it away in storage.....

HC oil change is crazy expensive

look into the Viper oil filter if you dont mind paying a few bucks extra for finer filtering

#11 ·
And 4500-5000 miles. Noticing that my mileage and oil life are kinda running side by side.

#13 ·
I typically go 5k between oil changes, however on a new motor breaking in I do the first few early.. 500 to 1000 miles first oil change then 2nd oil change about another 2500-3000 more miles.

#14 · (Edited)
I did the first at 1,700 and will do the rest at 4,500-4,800 max. They are expensive and it's my daily driver so I need to get my money's worth out of the oil. Always had good success with synthetic at 5,000 ran it in my Caddy when it first came out. Only part of that car that was good was the engine was okay. Editing my comment...I was incorrect, I went to 2,300 miles without any problems. My dealer said 5k, but I didn't want to wait that long in first one.

#15 ·
3,000 to 5,000 miles depends on how hard you drive it plus look at the oil life indicator and I would not recommend going by the oil life if it is over 5,000. My Challenger SRT8 comes on for oil change around 3,000 miles but it is all short trips and hard miles. Changing the engine oil is cheap insurance.

#16 ·
Every 500 miles or 6 months or as close as possible . Free lifetime oil changes in my deal. Same as last car through same dealer.
I'm not paying for it, and in GA airplanes, its the cooling system as well as the lubrication system. Also, always checking for software updates.
L J

#22 ·
Bringing this back to life. I did my first change at 4700 miles. No issues and the oil looked good. I've had the car about a month and a half so I'm averaging 2700 miles a month (currently have 5200 miles). Think I'm going to push my changes to 6K even though I'm only paying $55 for them.

#24 ·
What type of oil and filter are you guys using? I don't trust my local dealer to change a lug nut, much less anything else. Also getting mine from a dealer 500 miles away
Mobil 1 0-40W and a factory filter part # 4884899-AB

#25 ·
first one just done at 500 miles, will go 2000 miles on this one then go to 3000 miles. I will use the recommended Pennzoil Ultra and the SRT filter. I may consider the Amsoil products but I have heard some mixed things about some of the other oils.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.