SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering when everyone plans on taking their HC out of hibernation. Snows melting now and looking at the forecast it says high 30's to 40's now the rest of the month. I'm thinking I'll probably take mine out around March 20th as the snow will be almost gone by then. Figure we'll also have a few showers by then to rinse the salt from the roads.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,092 Posts
When the stray water is gone from melting and after it rains so hard I can't see any of that $hit white residue on the road. Man I hate to see those white stripes down the roads when they spray that concentrate all over. That crap will stop now that RAIN is forecast. I have not even heard mine start since Thanksgiving! Hate it, but I just keep watching old videos and spending money on new stuff for it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
234 Posts
I`m hoping the roads are dry and a lot cleaner than they are now by the 20th ---- but there is still a LOT of snow yet to melt. Might be closer to the end of the month for me, although I always like to drive it to The Auto Show downtown in years past when it comes to town. However I am not optimistic that is going to happen this year though as The Auto Show starts next Saturday.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
127 Posts
With any luck mid April. Snow needs to melt and It will need to rain and wash the crap off the road before I take the car out.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
22 Posts
Right now I have my doubts I will be getting mine out in March. More snow now and we are going to need a few really good rains to clean up the roads. Going crazy waiting.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
132 Posts
I usually wait for the first gully washer to clean stuff up, but last year we had some freaky warm weather (60s) in February and I couldn't resist. There was hardly any snow last year so the roads were pretty clean.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
63 Posts
Been driving my widebody on and off the since early Jan. Drag radials are going on Friday.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,092 Posts
Been driving my widebody on and off the since early Jan. Drag radials are going on Friday.
How are you washing it? How do you avoid salt spray? Careful, drag radials absolutely suck below about 50 degrees (GROUND TEMP). Since it is out can you really consider you have it in and "garaged" this winter? What tires are you using "on and off" for almost three winter months now? Come on over and give me a ride because I need to hear some supercharger whine before I go crazy! I agree with the above, I don't see the roads ready for another 3-4 weeks. The two week forecast don't give me any more optimism than it did a month or two months ago. Maybe a spare Trackhawk is the answer!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,092 Posts
I usually wait for the first gully washer to clean stuff up, but last year we had some freaky warm weather (60s) in February and I couldn't resist. There was hardly any snow last year so the roads were pretty clean.
Us, last year FEB 18 - Rogers, MN! Wonder if that will ever happen that early again?

C99048EA-10E4-460C-88F6-42E648B3872C.jpeg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
63 Posts
How are you washing it? How do you avoid salt spray? Careful, drag radials absolutely suck below about 50 degrees (GROUND TEMP). Since it is out can you really consider you have it in and "garaged" this winter? What tires are you using "on and off" for almost three winter months now? Come on over and give me a ride because I need to hear some supercharger whine before I go crazy! I agree with the above, I don't see the roads ready for another 3-4 weeks. The two week forecast don't give me any more optimism than it did a month or two months ago. Maybe a spare Trackhawk is the answer!
I bought it down in Chicago end of December, to my surprise it came with all season tires, not summer performance. They have been pretty decent tires in the cold and 40+ degrees over 50mph, it's putting down the power pretty well. I haven't avoided the salt spray, but i wash it after each outing. It's ceramic coated, so that helps. As for the Drag Radials, i ordered them earlier this week and wont drive them until i start to see some weekends in the mid to high 50s, can't wait!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
432 Posts
Man, I haven't even seen mine in a while. 4 inches of ice in front of my garage keeping the door locked tight. At least it's safe.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,092 Posts
I'll tell you guys the MN State Patrol is out in force on these nice sunny days that is melting the snow. So when you get them out, stay alert.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts