SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
HOTM Winner
Charger SRT Hellcat
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big question I need some expert opinions/ answers on.

CAN YOU RUN A 2.85 UPPER PULLEY WITH STOCK INJECTORS? Itll just be a 2.85 pulley, Tune and a CAI (JLT) Is it safe? Saw someone say their friend shot a rod through the motor

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
545 Posts
Big question I need some expert opinions/ answers on.

CAN YOU RUN A 2.85 UPPER PULLEY WITH STOCK INJECTORS? Itll just be a 2.85 pulley, Tune and a CAI (JLT) Is it safe? Saw someone say their friend shot a rod through the motor
yes you can

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,969 Posts
Depending on your elevation; yes for the pulley and no for the pulley and intake. I asked that question about my car and the tuner said that if I add an intake, I'll need to do the injectors as well. I'm 2100ft above sea level.

R.K.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
545 Posts
Depending on your elevation; yes for the pulley and no for the pulley and intake. I asked that question about my car and the tuner said that if I add an intake, I'll need to do the injectors as well. I'm 2100ft above sea level.

R.K.
LOL

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,469 Posts

R.K.
o_O

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,048 Posts
I started out with OEM HC Injectors on a 2.85". They maxed out, like ~95% duty cycle. Upgraded the fuel shortly after.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,969 Posts
All cars are different but my car with a 2.85 and tune on the stock injectors is at 93% duty cycle. I know I'm not the only one in this boat because many have posted similar and just ask the tuners, they'll tell you the same thing. Adding a intake will bring more air in which will require more fuel and that's the boat I'm in. So I guess you can laugh and look confused but you two should understand better than others.....

R.K.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
545 Posts
All cars are different but my car with a 2.85 and tune on the stock injectors is at 93% duty cycle. I know I'm not the only one in this boat because many have posted similar and just ask the tuners, they'll tell you the same thing. Adding a intake will bring more air in which will require more fuel and that's the boat I'm in. So I guess you can laugh and look confused but you two should understand better than others.....

R.K.
I'll check the logs on Monday

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,469 Posts

R.K.
I understand what you’re saying, but..... dont you think that if you are at 93% you should probably change to a larger injector regardless. I don’t think that not going with a better breathing intake is the answer to keeping your motor safe. That was the point of my o_O I guess if you don’t have the money to do bigger injectors right away (yes they are expensive) then choking the airflow is a temporary safety measure. Hard to imagine the tuners here offering that as a permanent way to go. Maybe I just misinterpreted what you were saying. Sorry

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,969 Posts
I understand what you’re saying, but..... dont you think that if you are at 93% you should probably change to a larger injector regardless. I don’t think that not going with a better breathing intake is the answer to keeping your motor safe. That was the point of my o_O I guess if you don’t have the money to do bigger injectors right away (yes they are expensive) then choking the airflow is a temporary safety measure. Hard to imagine the tuners here offering that as a permanent way to go. Maybe I just misinterpreted what you were saying. Sorry
Basically what I'm saying is that in some instances, even a 2.85 pulley will max out your injectors. Now throwing more mods and not doing injectors is not advised. I was using myself as an example. Before I do anything else mod wise to the car, injectors are a must.

R.K.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
349 Posts
I just dont understand the cost of these cars/engines never never skimp on fuel! That is 101!!!

·
HOTM Winner
Charger SRT Hellcat
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could I do Demon Injectors ? I’m thinking of the Hellraiser pulley, tune, injectors

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,469 Posts
I see though it’s a 2.72 pulley not a 2.85. Can demon injectors handle it?
You will commonly see the ID 1050's for sale here. That is because the original purchasers end up in the never ending build syndrome and they need to move up for e85 or whatever. As long as you're not going the ethanol route.... those should keep you fuel requirements fulfilled for any moderate build you might have in the future. Tuners love them and if you can get a used set at a good price, that might be the best way to go depending on the cost difference over the Demons. I honestly don't know what that would be so you would have to do some investigation with that.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,969 Posts
I see though it’s a 2.72 pulley not a 2.85. Can demon injectors handle it?
Yes. You’re only going to get 1.5 more pounds of boost if that over the 2.85. The demon injectors flow more than they advertise.

R.K.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,969 Posts
Here’s some info on the demon injectors:

The guy flow tested the injectors at 58 psi (stock Hellcat pressure) and they all tested between 803 and 805cc...so they may be rated to 700cc but they flow more. This would cover a 2.65

Interesting info for sure.

R.K.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
349 Posts
You will commonly see the ID 1050's for sale here. That is because the original purchasers end up in the never ending build syndrome and they need to move up for e85 or whatever. As long as you're not going the ethanol route.... those should keep you fuel requirements fulfilled for any moderate build you might have in the future. Tuners love them and if you can get a used set at a good price, that might be the best way to go depending on the cost difference over the Demons. I honestly don't know what that would be so you would have to due some investigation with that.
Yes you are so right! Knowing myself I just went all the way because I know I would end up on E85 in the end!! Lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts