SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what are the best mods or should I leave my redeye factory. Are there any intakes that will improve a redeye? And what tuner and injectors are the best?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
119 Posts
All depends on your end goal and fuel choices. Intakes sound cool that's about it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you look up this video and tell me if this guy is full of shit? He says he only did a few mods.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
119 Posts
Yeah so need to determine who is going to tune it which will determine quite a bit of what you do next. If you're in New York AJ or Curt and see what they recommend for setup.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
134 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
best mod out the gate, that doesnt mess with your warranty or resale value DtR would be proper tires.
dodges factory selections, flat suck
Would a straight pipe and headers do anything for performance?
Can you look up this video and tell me if this guy is full of shit? He says he only did a few mods.
Yeah so need to determine who is going to tune it which will determine quite a bit of what you do next. If you're in New York AJ or Curt and see what they recommend for setup.

Will a tuner void factory warranty?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,348 Posts
Literally anything other than tires is going to void your warranty. How bad does low 11’s/high 10’s out of the box really sound? Some dont care about losing the warranty but if youre asking i’m guessing you might.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
371 Posts
Splash guards. I went with OEM but there are other options.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
93 Posts
I honestly believe it, my car made 715rwhp on a Dynojet and I ran a 10.39 at 132, that car on 18-20psi with E85 has to be making over 900whp. The redeye blower is already bigger which makes it more efficient when it comes to generating less heat, I believe from the factory they put out 15psi. 180whp more has to be good for at least a whole second in the 1/4mile

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I honestly believe it, my car made 715rwhp on a Dynojet and I ran a 10.39 at 132, that car on 18-20psi with E85 has to be making over 900whp. The redeye blower is already bigger which makes it more efficient when it comes to generating less heat, I believe from the factory they put out 15psi. 180whp more has to be good for at least a whole second in the 1/4mile
Ok so what mods did you do? Also what tires you like? Are Michelin ok?

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
93 Posts
Mods - ID1050x injectors, 2.72 pulley, AFE intake, 100mm Throttle Body, Catless, DSS Driveshaft, Kenne Bell boost a pump on 91 octane. car has no timing in it for safety since I'm running 16 psi of boost

Tires - I run a 17 inch weld S71 with a 305/45 Mickey Thompson ET Street R with 20psi

If you want to post a good time I recommend getting a set of wheels and tires for racing. If you daily your hellcat like I do, you need to have a good set of all seasons on all the time. Radials and slicks aren't good for any weather condition other than dry, very dangerous in the rain. If you get a set for the rear you can just swap them as you please when you go race. a Michelin depending on the tire compound and type will only get you so far. you'll need a dedicated drag tire if you want the best times. I recommend the ET Street S/S if you don't daily and want race on the stock 20inch, but if you want a race set I recommend an 18ix10nch, if you go 17x10inch you'll need to install shorter sway bar end links(easy job) use a ET Street R tire 18-22psi you'll hook no problem at the track.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts