SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I was surprised by this and it would be great if anyone knew anything different. But I recently called the mopar sales line for information about the extended warranty for The Charger Redeye I have on order. After he plugged in the VIN, they stated that there is no extended warranty plans for the redeye. There is for the hellcat, but not the redeye.

The sales person, said he thought there was because he was pretty sure he has sold one before. But now it only gave him options for the things like the service / maintenance plans.

· HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,743 Posts
Pretty sure I've read more than a few posts about RE owners discussing the premiums they got when getting extended warranties. Will have to go back and look...

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
9,282 Posts
It was Jan 2019, but my RE has the extended warranty that I paid extra for.

· Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty sure I've read more than a few posts about RE owners discussing the premiums they got when getting extended warranties. Will have to go back and look...
Yeah, I saw the Jan thread of 2019. It seemed inconclusive in terms of if you could or not. And it’s been a couple of years so maybe something has changed.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
9,282 Posts
Bought it right at purchase. It was like $2-3k, and even refundable if I don’t use it! If I need to look and get more specific it will be tomorrow, I am away right now.

· Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they offered it to me on a super stock and a 2020 redeye sounds fishy?
This was for a 2021 Charger Redeye. Maybe that makes a difference? The sales guy i was talking to seemed genuinely surprised that it wasn’t offered based on the VIN.

The chryslerwarrantydirect person I talked to also said the Charger Redeye wasn’t available. The challenger Redeye/super stock wasn’t listed either, but I didn’t specifically ask.

· Registered
423 Posts
You can instantly get the prices and availability for all factory Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram warranties at ChryslerFactoryPlans.com. It's a factory warranty retailing site run by Zeigler CJDR in Schaumburg, IL.

Check out the Mopar Auto Appearance Care Plus Plan coverage--free painless dent repairs, interior upholstery and trim, and windshield repairs for 5 years.

...and the Mopar Road Hazard Tire & Wheel Protection Plan coverage--repair and replacement of OEM and aftermarket wheels and tires for 7 years.

Personally, as someone who doesn't beat on his cars, keeps them stock, serviced and looking like new, my risk of an out of warranty repair (remember that the 7 year Maximum Care Vehicle Protection Plans start from the date you took delivery, so its really a 4-year warranty from the 3-year bumper-to-bumper perspective or a 2-year warranty from the 5-year powertrain perspective) costing more than the cost of the extended warranty is too small to justify the purchase. However, I do get dings all the time and the roads here wreak havoc on 20-inch wheels, so these relatively inexpensive plans are the only ones I bought.

If you do want the Maximum Care plan, seriously consider the Maximum Care: Money-Back Guarantee and Unlimited Miles Plans--get all your money back if you reach the end having never made a claim. If you have an out of standard warranty repair, you can decide on a case by case basis whether you would rather pay out of pocket, thereby not making a claim, to get all your money back at the end. You'll have no financial risk, but it is basically a free loan to the factory/dealer.

By the way, I'm not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned and I have nothing to gain--just trying to help someone else out. :)

· Registered
423 Posts
...oh and yes, the Mopar warranties do cover Redeye optioned Hellcats. Look at your build sheet/window sticker; our cars are LADR22 Dodge SRT Hellcat(s) that happen to have the 27Q Hellcat Redeye Widebody option. If it worked any other way, it would be like denying you coverage because you ordered a Challenger with navigation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.