SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys I’m continuing with my series of disturbingly lame questions . I suffer from terrible ocd when it comes to fidgeting with my seat . It takes me a while to find that “ perfect seating position “ . What’s your guys daily driving position ? Is the seat more leaned back ? Or do you guys sit more 90 degree angle ? Currently I’m more leaned back ( seat almost touching rear back seats ).

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,022 Posts
Using the tazer in my 17 I didn't have to worry as it added a memory seat setting and auto adjusted my steering wheel. I had back surgery a few years ago and so my back couldn't handle certain angles for any length of time. I sat like, what I called, a race car driver. My friends in their shitboxes would call me a grandma. Lol

Reactions: ALongGuy

·
Registered
95 Posts
My son took a one day high performance driving class. The best line I heard was..
Driver’s Ed taught you to operate
a motor vehicle. We’ll teach you to drive a car.

With that said and plenty of high speed driving experience. If you are going to operate a motor vehicle, eat a Big Mac, text and look for "that song" seat position doesn't matter. If you are going to drive a 700+hp performance car on the road with mouth breathers set yourself up in an aggressive yet comfortable position. Truly driving is fun but get in a Hellcat mindset when you do.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
198 Posts
There is an excellent Bondurant video with instructor Andy Lee showing how to adjust the seat. My usual seat position was close, but not quite the same as they wanted. Having taken three courses with Bondurant I've adopted their seating style, and although I'm old and set in my ways, I'm used to it now, and it works well.
A quick search on YouTube will find it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
141 Posts
Wow, amazing post!!!
I should have known better, I am an older guy. Have had many cars, thought I knew what I was doing.
I thought my seat position was good, I was way off.
After watching a few youtube videos I went out to the garage.
I am 6'4" so I always thought to put the seat all the way back, big mistake.
First I lowered the seat all the way down, then adjusted forward/back so that my left foot is tight on the dead pedal and have an approximate 60 deg knee bend..
Then I moved the seat back (with headrest) forward, I had it too far back.
Then I loosened the steering column and adjusted the wheel so that my wrist was on top of the wheel with my shoulder just touching the back of the seat. Wheel height I adjusted so that the center of the wheel was close to heart level and I could see the gages. Again my wheel location was way off.

Feels great, and I don't bump my old noggin getting in anymore.. Thank you for an awesome post!!

Varooom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts