SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,489 Posts
Last fall I was in the waiting room and there was a 60+ woman there having tires put on her Cherokee. She mentioned something about being at a Jeep dealer, she was a bit worried when I told her we were at a Dodge dealer, but I said it’s ok, this Dodge serv dept is better than that Jeep serv dept.
To be fair Stellantis owns Jeep and most Dodge dealers are also Jeep dealers.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
1,261 Posts
To be fair Stellantis owns Jeep and most Dodge dealers are also Jeep dealers.
In this case the Dodge Serv Mgr was at the Jeep dealer a mile down the road for 30 years, and he is a car and motorcycle guy. He knows more about Jeeps (and probably knows more about any car) than the guys at the Jeep dealer. The woman was in good hands there.

·
Registered
2022 Redeye on order
147 Posts
I’m no expert but my take on salesmen is that their priority is to sell what they have on hand and close the deal before you leave, clueless customers get priority. Once they know you are not going to sign today, their eyes wander looking for a better target. The have little need for knowledge.

I don’t think service depts make much $ on car guys, their profit is in tires and scheduled maintenance. Again, clueless is better.

Last fall I was in the waiting room and there was a 60+ woman there having tires put on her Cherokee. She mentioned something about being at a Jeep dealer, she was a bit worried when I told her we were at a Dodge dealer, but I said it’s ok, this Dodge serv dept is better than that Jeep serv dept.
Clearly you have never read a copy of their pay plan. If you do then you will realize why they move on to a paying customer.
Whenever I had a guy who came in and wanted to jack off over number and specs (btw every time I knew more than them) I’d pawn them off on the greenest salesperson I had who wasn’t yet on commission to ‘lot drop’ them. Give them someone who was clueless and laugh while I duked an up that was there to buy.

·
Registered
‘21 SRT SUPER STOCK
1,512 Posts
A lot of dealers don't care about their product and could care less about specifics. I once went to a Ford dealer to try to order a Mustang GT and the salesman asked me if I wanted a 2 door or 4 door.
I saw a new Mustang Mach E suv the other day, it was interesting and seemed to stick out amongst the other cookie cutters in traffic, but it looked like Tesla and Porsche had a baby and stuck a big pony emblem on the front fascia, definitely not a Mustang! guess we’ll see what dodge does here in the very near future but wasn’t the Hornet an AMC?

·
Registered
In The Market
1,639 Posts
The SRT Expert where I bought was really the navigation screen expert. He had zero info on the second fuel pump detectable tap under the passenger side. No specific information on much of anything.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well I do go In to the service and explain the new mod or security upgrade and they simply are not interested in looking into it. All dealers said there is no such thing and sent me home. No one offered to look into it further. I called the 3 power brokers on the list and no one had a clue. They said they’ll get back to me and no one ever did.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,489 Posts
Well I do go In to the service and explain the new mod or security upgrade and they simply are not interested in looking into it. All dealers said there is no such thing and sent me home. No one offered to look into it further. I called the 3 power brokers on the list and no one had a clue. They said they’ll get back to me and no one ever did.
Wow. Ok that’s bad.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, but be honest. Were you surprised? Some slick marketing video about Never Lift, Jailbreak, and all these different stage upgrades at the "Power Brokers". All hatched in the minds of the marketing department with the actual implementation left as a complete afterthought. Standard business practice for many companies where they operate in silos and one group has no idea what the other group is doing or planning. Watched it first hand in corporate America for 35 years and it was certainly expected. I expect the implementation of all this to be later than promised, disjointed, poorly communicated, and whatever eventually is offered will not be the original stages and outputs that are being discussed. Just my opinion - if you've had different experiences with domestic car companies then please correct me.

·
Registered
2022 Redeye on order
147 Posts
Yes, but be honest. Were you surprised? Some slick marketing video about Never Lift, Jailbreak, and all these different stage upgrades at the "Power Brokers". All hatched in the minds of the marketing department with the actual implementation left as a complete afterthought. Standard business practice for many companies where they operate in silos and one group has no idea what the other group is doing or planning. Watched it first hand in corporate America for 35 years and it was certainly expected. I expect the implementation of all this to be later than promised, disjointed, poorly communicated, and whatever eventually is offered will not be the original stages and outputs that are being discussed. Just my opinion - if you've had different experiences with domestic car companies then please correct me.
Would not be surprised if it never happens.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I guess my expectations are high as I am a national expert in what I do. I figured a car salesman would read up on what is coming down the Pike. I remembered in 2006 I ordered a Dodge Magnum. I heard rumors about these SRTs coming out. The dealer denied the existence of SRTs and I bought the Magnum. Next month the SRTs came out and I hated that salesman for either lying or being so stupid. From then on I had little faith in Dodge Sales people. Subsequent scamming salesmen on my next 3 SRTs made me lose faith in the whole car system.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Go all the way back to 2014 when the Dodge Challenger Shaker came out and I went to my local dealer to order one. No problem they said... Went back in to get my Vin and guess what?? No one placed my order and of course, the entire allocation was sold out in three days. That forced me to call all over the east coast to find a dealer who had one in the order bank and was willing to sell it to me. 5 1/2 hour drive to the dealer to get our car when it came in. I am just as concerned now about the "power dealer" network I know we will have to drive to one of the major cities to get to one and then pray they know what they are doing.

·
Registered
2021 SRT Super Stock
475 Posts
I guess my expectations are high as I am a national expert in what I do. I figured a car salesman would read up on what is coming down the Pike. I remembered in 2006 I ordered a Dodge Magnum. I heard rumors about these SRTs coming out. The dealer denied the existence of SRTs and I bought the Magnum. Next month the SRTs came out and I hated that salesman for either lying or being so stupid. From then on I had little faith in Dodge Sales people. Subsequent scamming salesmen on my next 3 SRTs made me lose faith in the whole car system.
If you are a national expert in whatever you do, you probably know a lot of others in your profession that really don't know what they're doing. Same thing happens in every business including new car sales and service.

·
Registered
‘16 Challenger w a shaker scoop where the blower should be : )
89 Posts
Yeah… purdy sure the fact that common sense can’t be bought or taught plays into it too

It’s not all greed

21 - 38 of 38 Posts