SRT Hellcat Forum banner

MT ET Street R Info

5K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  SloWhite 
#1 ·
I'm heading to Great Lakes tonight and wanted to get info so called Mickey Thompson. I have the 305/45x18 on my Charger. They said to do a mild burnout and just haze them, even on new ones. Secondly, they said to keep the tire within 15 degrees F of the track temperature. Lastly, they said to use 26 PSI to drive out there. Anyone know anything else? I'm still debating whether to hammer it or not for driveshaft reasons. Thanks.

#2 ·
Agree with everything you said. Maybe 28 psi for the highway drive there. Once there, I'd air down to 22 psi as a starting point, and continue to lower if traction is an issue. I wouldn't go straight to 18 psi on the first pass.
They don't need a John Force burnout, just until they start to smoke.
And for the love of God, don't start your burnout in the water box. 🤦🏻‍♂️

#4 ·
Agree with everything you said. Maybe 28 psi for the highway drive there. Once there, I'd air down to 22 psi as a starting point, and continue to lower if traction is an issue. I wouldn't go straight to 18 psi on the first pass.
They don't need a John Force burnout, just until they start to smoke.
And for the love of God, don't start your burnout in the water box. 🤦🏻‍♂️
"Unavowed's" advice is perfect. The burnout box can be short at alot of tracks so when I roll the back tires thru the water, I tap the throttle enough to get one or so revolutions so the whole tire gets wet. Then pull forward of the water box and do my burn out. Doing a burnout in the water box just pumps water into the wheelwell. Gravity will have it dripping back onto the tire by the time you stage the car.

#7 ·
How much air to run while getting to n from the track is determined by how wide your wheel is (compared to the tread). Don’t wanna wear just the center at 36 or just the corners at 15

Once at the track @Unholy707 it’s whatever produces whatever you are looking for. I want consistency. Some are willing to sacrifice that for a couple hun. Tracks vary and drag radial is a funny tire. Doubt anyone on this forum can tell you what is ‘best’ for you. Have fun : )

#8 ·
The whole point of a limited burnout is to just scuff any FOD off the tire. They're extremely heat sensitive, so roasting them will just turn them into ice skates. Hellcats aren't equipped with tire heat sensors (if so, you can't see it anywhere inside the car) like my C8 has. That's another thing about the C8 I really like... it visibly tells you when your tires are at optimal temp. To get around that, I'd use one of those IR temp guns to test my tire temps. It really does help out.

Reactions: 2fast4u
#17 ·
When it’s cold I run em a lil lower than usual and do a much bigger burnout

Screw that 15° above track temp when it’s 50

A temp gun and a buddy that knows how to use it is worthless if you aren’t logging everything

#18 ·
Well, the first pass of the day was 11.87@120.4, and went down from there. I could feel the tires still spinning through 3rd. Oddly enough, I added 1 MPH on my slower runs later in the day. It was pushing 90 muggy degrees. I still spun the tires wildly through 3rd. When they did hook, you could feel them like a 150 shot of nitrous. I got a touch of wheel hop on my 3rd pass, in 2nd gear maybe? The track guy kept telling me to heat them more, so maybe I did too much for my last two runs. Oh, I did get my RT down to .105 on the last run, but still significantly slower overall. I started at 20 cold, and my last two runs were at 18 cold. I'm "Gobbler".......... 😁

Font Material property Receipt Paper Pattern

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.