SRT Hellcat Forum banner

MT SC-5 Wheel Fitment Results

8146 26
Well, I was finally able to test fit the SC-5 Mickey Thompson wheels. I was offered the opportunity to test fit 1 front and 1 rear wheel from Mickey Thompson. The front measures 20x9 with a +18 offset, and the rear measures 20x10.5 with a +24 offset. I did not mount tires, just put them up to check brake, suspension, etc. clearance on the Hellcat.

Positives:

-Great looking wheel that is relatively inexpensive. These wheels can be had for well less than $300 each.
-They fit!!! But just barely in the rear... I think 305s could be done on the rear with some massaging of the splash shield. Its going to be close. IMO, 315s are out of the question. I just dont see them fitting without removing part of the rear splash shield..
- the front wheel fits great. Sits in the fender nice and doesnt even come close to that big caliper.

Negatives:

-HEAVY... 30 lbs on the front and 33 for the rear... I think the factory forged are 26? BIG difference...
-I just dont like how the rear wheel sticks outside the rear quarter wheel lip... I prefer my wheels and tires tucked inside.... But thats a matter of opinion...

All in all, I think these are a great wheel for someone looking to change the look of their car on a budget... Or, if someone wanted to just buy the rears and mount some 305 drag radials for the track...
Alloy wheel Wheel Tire Automotive tire Rim
Alloy wheel Wheel Rim Tire Auto part
Vehicle door Automotive tire Automotive exterior Tire Floor
Tire Auto part Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Reactions: DB2
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
9,167 Posts
Stellas, that really helps. Since you tucked it in 6mm=0.236in; the edge of that rim is approximately 1/4" farther out than the OEM 9.5"

So, adding a 10" with the 18mm offset looks just like that. I agree sticking out past the fender for the wheel anyway, no good.

Could do a 10" with the 24mm backset, will set like the OEM on the outside and look like what you have inside. Too bad, I thought we may do better than that.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
90 Posts
Stellas, that really helps. Since you tucked it in 6mm=0.236in; the edge of that rim is approximately 1/4" farther out than the OEM 9.5"

So, adding a 10" with the 18mm offset looks just like that. I agree sticking out past the fender for the wheel anyway, no good.

Could do a 10" with the 24mm backset, will set like the OEM on the outside and look like what you have inside. Too bad, I thought we may do better than that.
I don't mind the look, my concern would be the rear fender.

·
Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,141 Posts
Yes I don't care if the tire peeks out of the fender a bit. I'll put on the splash guards and probably clear bra the rear fenders. I want wide tires on the back... If there is not room inside, where they should be properly...then part of them will have to peek outside...Give me traction or give me dea......isn't that how it went?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,533 Posts
Unfortunately, a wider wheel is usually going to be heavier than the stock wheels. You have to spend some serious $$$ to get something as strong and lighter than stock. Widening the OEMs will add weight as well.
I think the Axis Model Twos are very close to the OEM wheel design, and the 10" rears only weigh two pounds more each for under $300 apiece. I also think the +20mm offset will keep the wheel centered in the wheel well, causing fewer clearance issues in both front and back.
You could always powder coat these to look like the OEM wheels (matte black OR brass monkey) for about $100.00 per, and save the cost of a matching front set.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Unfortunately, a wider wheel is usually going to be heavier than the stock wheels. You have to spend some serious $$$ to get something as strong and lighter than stock. Widening the OEMs will add weight as well.
I think the Axis Model Twos are very close to the OEM wheel design, and the 10" rears only weigh two pounds more each for under $300 apiece. I also think the +20mm offset will keep the wheel centered in the wheel well, causing fewer clearance issues in both front and back.
You could always powder coat these to look like the OEM wheels (matte black OR brass monkey) for about $100.00 per, and save the cost of a matching front set.
I wish getting wider rear tires and rims were easier but it seems some of us may have to do trial and error some more :(

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
9,167 Posts
Very frustrating! I am ready to spend a pile on the car and a stupid amount at Foose for some good looking chrome. I am even ready to look at the 305's now, but after figuring out the wheels, the tire companies are not making it easy to pick out a matching set that works IMO.

Michellin PSS don't make the OEM front, don't make a 305. I absolutely want to keep the front geometry and sizes as they are.
Invo Nitto no 305, but they have a huge 315.
PZeros have all sizes, but are not as sticky as the top two.
Hell, the stock wheels with the 305 N555r rears seem like the best setup!
May have to go with that configuration, I will set back for a few more weeks and see what others do. I know after that car gets here the local Discount Tire boys are eager to measure, and have corporate approval to deal with Foose, but it just don't seem like the space is there.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
There is a thread here with fitment specs for an 11" wheel. That's the optimum width for a 305. I'm remembering it was a 21mm offset? It shows tires mounted on car on these rims.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
That's the same wheel they had with 24mm offset. The
Well, I was finally able to test fit the SC-5 Mickey Thompson wheels. I was offered the opportunity to test fit 1 front and 1 rear wheel from Mickey Thompson. The front measures 20x9 with a +18 offset, and the rear measures 20x10.5 with a +24 offset. I did not mount tires, just put them up to check brake, suspension, etc. clearance on the Hellcat.

Positives:

-Great looking wheel that is relatively inexpensive. These wheels can be had for well less than $300 each.
-They fit!!! But just barely in the rear... I think 305s could be done on the rear with some massaging of the splash shield. Its going to be close. IMO, 315s are out of the question. I just dont see them fitting without removing part of the rear splash shield..
- the front wheel fits great. Sits in the fender nice and doesnt even come close to that big caliper.

Negatives:

-HEAVY... 30 lbs on the front and 33 for the rear... I think the factory forged are 26? BIG difference...
-I just dont like how the rear wheel sticks outside the rear quarter wheel lip... I prefer my wheels and tires tucked inside.... But thats a matter of opinion...

All in all, I think these are a great wheel for someone looking to change the look of their car on a budget... Or, if someone wanted to just buy the rears and mount some 305 drag radials for the track... View attachment 4785 View attachment 4786 View attachment 4787 View attachment 4788
That's the same wheel they had with 24mm offset. The guy at MT said it was a different wheel to trial fit. Did you call them and give your 2 cents? We need that wheel in a 18mm offset in the rear

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's the same wheel they had with 24mm offset. The

That's the same wheel they had with 24mm offset. The guy at MT said it was a different wheel to trial fit. Did you call them and give your 2 cents? We need that wheel in a 18mm offset in the rear

Im calling on Monday..

·
Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,141 Posts
I really like that wheel. Guess I'm a 5-spoke kinda guy, just old school I guess. I also like this Foose wheel that i saw on a Chally at Gas Monkey Live.

Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Spoke

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
9,167 Posts
Well if we need to show our hands, if I can figure out the 11" with 315's riddle, I am putting on these Foose...concave coupe. They should make that Jazz Blue pop, huh?
Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Tire Auto part

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.