SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm coming from a CTS-V and I've had my Hellcat for a few months now. Before investing in a proper exhaust I wanted to do a resonator delete to accompany my muffler delete. I read myths around that it somehow makes you lose hp/torque. I am assuming this is a myth as I do not understand how changing your exhaust will cause you to lose hp. Anyone care to chime in? I appreciate any input or advice.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
39 Posts
Do a mid muffler swap for some Vibrant 1794s....see how you like it. I wouldn't bother with a full exhaust, these cars don't need it.

I also came from a V2. A 2012, Manual Black Diamond with Secondary Cat-deletes, Borla Catback and Intake....the Hellcat is still way louder..stock.

Try the vibrants. I don't see how you'd lose power...

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
544 Posts
Not a myth... research "Exhaust Backpressure" & "Exhaust Scavenging."

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
39 Posts
Not a myth... research "Exhaust Backpressure" & "Exhaust Scavenging."

A muffler at the back of the car is not helping with scavenging.....no disrespect to your argument. Also the "back pressure" item might be an argument for too large of a header on an NA car....but when it comes to a 700hp blown V8....deleting a muffler isn't going to reduce power. Now, if a straight pipe is too long, there is something that can be said for increased drag on the surface area on the inside of the pipe...where a straight through muffler thats perforated may create a "slip-stream" effect inside the pipe....but thats not the same argument.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,302 Posts
Just makes your car louder and annoying lol.
JUST MY OPINION - no haters please...

(but it's true)

Reactions: Klaus and John G.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts