SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who would have guessed. It is the HP war from the 60s-70s all over again. Ford posted this. Oct 1, 2014 - Hennessey 2015 Ford Mustang HPE700 Makes717 HP ... Helping to identify the car as more than just a standard Mustang...:eek:....Sorry Mustang but you don't stand a snowballs chance in Hell-Cat Land. :)

Reactions: The Dude

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Who would have guessed. It is the HP war from the 60s-70s all over again. Ford posted this. Oct 1, 2014 - Hennessey 2015 Ford Mustang HPE700 Makes717 HP ... Helping to identify the car as more than just a standard Mustang...:eek:....Sorry Mustang but you don't stand a snowballs chance in Hell-Cat Land. :)
Old news but I'll take it lol ;)

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
608 Posts
Its gonna be the muscle car wars on steroids for sure!
The pony is alot lighter this will get interesting :)

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Its gonna be the muscle car wars on steroids for sure!
The pony is alot lighter this will get interesting :)
Okay...this is when my naïveté comes in to place. If they are saying theCharger is faster than the Challenger because of weight why would he lighter a Mustang beat the Challenger? Obviously not at take off, but is that they can catch up with more hp in the quarter mile? If that were true than wouldn't Challenger beat Charger if all considered the same, but weight? Thanks racers for your insight in advance...

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
608 Posts
Its all about chassis rigidity and weight distribution.
I can get into a 300 hp lotus and tear up any mopar on any coarse.
Hp isn't the cure all it leads to more money spent is all :)
Sadly our challengers are not as finely tuned structurally as the charger and 300 platform. I know this Hellcat with a sunroof is a big no no!!
I heard rumors of programs cars twisting a bit with a weight difference of about 650 lbs most mustangs Ive run across don't hook up like our cars at all..Once they do hook up watch out if trimmed right.
Many factors to consider in this equation.

Now the Chargers that's a different story I raced in one,and it out handled,and smoked a 392 challenger.
I was in a RT Charger.

Depends on driver too as there are many variables to consider here but sadly we will be slower than the charger.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Old news but I'll take it lol ;)
I am always behind in Ford news and GM news. I guess because I am Mopar all the way and do not care what they are selling. LOL. I will meet it on the street an go from there.:)

Reactions: The Dude

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
608 Posts
I am always behind in Ford news and GM news. I guess because I am Mopar all the way and do not care what they are selling. LOL. I will meet it on the street an go from there.:)
Amen I not a small car guy :)
I was interested in the pony back in 2004 but I lost the loving feeling real fast once I saw that live axle still in the car.
Chevy is coming forsure to match this Hp in the Camaro.

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Its all about chassis rigidity and weight distribution.
I can get into a 300 hp lotus and tear up any mopar on any coarse.
Hp isn't the cure all it leads to more money spent is all :)
Sadly our challengers are not as finely tuned structurally as the charger and 300 platform. I know this Hellcat will a sunroof is a big no no!!
I heard rumors of programs cars twisting a bit with a weight difference of about 650 lbs most mustangs Ive run across don't hook up like our cars at all..Once they do hook up watch out if trimmed right.
Many factors to consider in this equation.

Now the Chargers that's a different story I raced in one,and it out handled,and smoked a 392 challenger.
I was in a RT Charger.

Depends on driver too as there are many variables to consider here but sadly we will be slower than the charger.
Thanks. I am fine with that as long as it is in the same family! I didn't think that 10hp would make a difference or weight. Very helpful. :)

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Amen I not a small car guy :)
I was interested in the pony back in 2004 but I lost the loving feeling real fast once I saw that live axle still in the car.
I looked, but interior seemed cheap and it just didn't feel sturdy. If that makes sense? ;)

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
608 Posts
Thanks. I am fine with that as long as it is in the same family! I didn't think that 10hp would make a difference or weight. Very helpful. :)
Tam it really wont be factor at all to contend with..
All in the family is the way to roll.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
608 Posts
I looked, but interior seemed cheap and it just didn't feel sturdy. If that makes sense? ;)
Really nasty blind spots too..Too boy racer don't yah agree!
We want real muscle not pony muscle..

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Like I said before See them on the streets then I will see what they are made of.;)

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
608 Posts
Wait Snowball the Cat ..lol
Who will name their white Hc that ?lol

Reactions: melvin white
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.