SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon,

I've been digging lately to figure out why Android Auto stopped working with my Uconnect--that damned red screen on the phone saying that the system failed a security check. Yesterday, I removed the negative battery cable to power everything down to see if it would reset anything. I didn't realize the effect that had on these cars.

This morning on the way to work (when I tend to cruise in Eco to save gas) I went to ease around a truck on I-85, and the car accelerated in a way that was obviously full power. I hit the SRT button and saw that it was in "Auto" but the power showed 707HP and the little green Eco light wasn't on in the gauge cluster. I hadn't adjusted anything since firing it up.

Just now, I went to grab lunch and it was the same thing--started in Auto mode with 707hp.

Any idea what I've done or what I should check on?

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,739 Posts
You removed the negative cable, essentially resetting everything. Just check the ECO button again and you should be good. Should start up in ECO again after that.

Reactions: moparjim and SRTCVO

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You removed the negative cable, essentially resetting everything. Just check the ECO button again and you should be good. Should start up in ECO again after that.
Great! Thank you.

I guess I misunderstood all the posts I saw about how you can't make it start up in full power mode.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
895 Posts
I can't stand the lugging in ECO, so leave it in STREET. It's too bad that we don't have the cylinder deactivation like the 392 does.

·
Premium Member
9,739 Posts
I can't stand the lugging in ECO, so leave it in STREET. It's too bad that we don't have the cylinder deactivation like the 392 does.
I've had it. Hated it. I have zero use for ECO or cyl deactivation, or neutering, or castration, or spine removal, or anything that reduces power in exchange for mpg's while I'm driving a Hellcat. Ever. For any reason. At all. Ever. Even for a little while. Ever. No reason ever. Ever.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
895 Posts
I loved it in the 392, under certain circumstances; cruise control on an interstate. 3-4 MPG more all day long.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,375 Posts
my car starts in full power / auto mode every time. i usually put it in custom but yeah every time i turn off then on full power / auto mode. i thought that was normal?

Reactions: SRTCVO

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
911 Posts
With the red key, it is, unless you have Eco selected before you turn the car off, I must’ve missed the posts saying the car doesn’t start in 700+ power mode.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
661 Posts
If you want economy, just be easy on the accelerator and coast down to stops (instead of holding speed and jamming the brakes). They are what they are and that's why we own and love them

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With the red key, it is, unless you have Eco selected before you turn the car off, I must’ve missed the posts saying the car doesn’t start in 700+ power mode.
The hellcat is still new to me, and while researching these a few months ago, I saw posts asking about how to make it start up in custom mode (which I swear I read is not possible). I guess I confused that with Auto mode. When I first got into mine, I saw it was in Auto/Eco mode and just assumed that was what people were asking about. Yeah, I feel dumb.

However, pushing a nice convenient little button on the dash to save a buck or two doesn't hurt my feelings at all. I think it's pretty cool, actually. No sense in wasting fuel when I'm just droning along in traffic on my daily commute. A quick double-tap when I get off the exit and it's back to the fun.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Trust me you do not want cylinder deactivation of any kind on any motor..ever.

It is killing the GM LS motors and our beloved gen III hemi's outside of hellcats(as they never came with MDS).

You don't buy these cars for the MPG.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
trust ne you do not want cylinder deactivation of any kind on any motor..ever.

It is killing the GM LS motors and our beloved genIII hemi's outside of hellcats(as they never came with MDS).

You don't buy these cars for the MPG.
I don't understand. How is it killing these motors? I'm still buying them. This is my second hemi and I have my second LS-powered vette sitting in my garage at the moment. I went from an LT1 6th gen camaro into this car.

I never said I bought it for the MPG. I don't believe I'm "driving the wrong car" because for a few minutes a day I try to get a few more miles out of a tank of gas. My F-150 gets just as bad of mileage as this, and if I had the option to burn less fuel while lazily coasting to work in that, I would do it. Would that be ok to do in a truck?

I've wanted a HC since I first heard they were coming and had no idea that it would have any sort of eco mode. I knew what I was getting into MPG-wise.

·
Premium Member
9,739 Posts
Nothing wrong with wanting to save a few bucks on gas here and there. Just seems odd to hear that from a Hellcat owner I guess. Using ECO mode to me ruins the entire experience, even droning along. It would be akin to mounting a plow on a Trackhawk and asking what's wrong with wanting to save a few bucks once in a while by plowing my own driveway. Just my own thoughts, and busting your chops a little.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
895 Posts
Nah, I did NOT buy this for mileage, but............. If I'm pounding out 500 miles to Omaha, NE, on I-80, I'll be happy to take the extra MPG. Cruise locked at 78, listening to The Donnas, and keeping an eye out for other Chargers with badges on the doors!

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
911 Posts
You’re gonna pull down 25 mpg doing that as it is. The Hellcat is my most fuel efficient vehicle!

Note: no Eco leaf!
5A395542-8505-4D9C-B72D-954A4E6F0728.jpeg

·
Premium Member
9,739 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.

Now, if you could just figure out why Android Auto stopped working for me!

I'm thinking I'll try to replace the USB hub in the console?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You’re gonna pull down 25 mpg doing that as it is. The Hellcat is my most fuel efficient vehicle!

Note: no Eco leaf!
View attachment 572184
I'm curious where you live. I can get to that number occasionally. The problem where I live (North of Atlanta) is there are very few flat roads. The car gets great mileage when it's not having to climb a hill. That kills it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
On a full top off of gas, what are you guys seeing as the range? Im only seeing about 225 miles for a full tank after fill up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts