SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built what I believe is the world's best Bullitt Mustang, owned a ERA 65 FE 427 Cobra and now the Redeye among my builds and collections over the years. I also built a Gator McCluskey White lightning car, but will post that up later. All very different cars and I can't pick a favorite. I also built an incredible 68 Charger to match the Bullitt Mustang--it was a killer driving car with a 440 Wedge physically identical to the movie car. Will dig up those pics too. I have built dozens of cars, but these 3 are on my mind tonight.
1.) The Bullitt Mustang was a Candian owned 68 C Fastback that I had shipped into the U.S. under NAFTA rules and eventually picked up and drove right out of Oakland port and straight into a shop and immediately tore it apart.. It was a total nut and bolt rebuild and I spent a fortune building it. I installed a Ford Motorsports 392 circle track racing engine, Tremec 5 speed, Currie industires locker diff and had Maier Racing install a custom roll bar that you had to look twice to see, as it was perfectly tucked into back sail panels. I had it painted Highland Green. Physically it looked identical to the Bullitt Movie car. Yet it was just one hell of alot more powerful than the movie car and it was incredibly fast car--it sounded like a circle track car. The car still resides in the Bay Area.
2.) The ERA Cobra was a FE 427 side oiler with a 428 crank (454) and 545 dyno power and about 2,200 lbs. I originally had a toploader and later went to a Tremec 5 speed. This car was just incredible from 0-160. I was never beaten by any car and it was pure fun to toy with Ferrari's around the Bay Area. It was a great looking car at Alice's Restaurant! The car now resides in New York.
The Gator McCluskey car was a stroked 429 and yeilded 472 inches. It was the meanest looking car I ever built--will have to post those pics by the weekend. That car still resides in San Francisco.
Now the Redeye--I just find it almost incomprehensible that a warranted car has 800 h.p. and is capable of routinely running 10 second quarters and 200 m.p.h... I still love all the builds I have done but the HellCat platform sets a new bar in automotive production that I just wouldn't have believed was possible when I was building and fabricating years ago.
I know this is a Hellcat website but I will post several if my builds in coming days and weeks many of my builds. I hope that's o.k.. Thank for looking!

IMG_20190223_130537651.jpg

IMG_20190223_130510185.jpg

IMG_20190223_130526126.jpg

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Awesome. Can we get some real photos vs pics of pics? =p

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,552 Posts
I built what I believe is the world's best Bullitt Mustang, owned a ERA 65 FE 427 Cobra and now the Redeye among my builds and collections over the years. I also built a Gator McCluskey White lightning car, but will post that up later. All very different cars and I can't pick a favorite. I also built an incredible 68 Charger to match the Bullitt Mustang--it was a killer driving car with a 440 Wedge physically identical to the movie car. Will dig up those pics too. I have built dozens of cars, but these 3 are on my mind tonight.
1.) The Bullitt Mustang was a Candian owned 68 C Fastback that I had shipped into the U.S. under NAFTA rules and eventually picked up and drove right out of Oakland port and straight into a shop and immediately tore it apart.. It was a total nut and bolt rebuild and I spent a fortune building it. I installed a Ford Motorsports 392 circle track racing engine, Tremec 5 speed, Currie industires locker diff and had Maier Racing install a custom roll bar that you had to look twice to see, as it was perfectly tucked into back sail panels. I had it painted Highland Green. Physically it looked identical to the Bullitt Movie car. Yet it was just one hell of alot more powerful than the movie car and it was incredibly fast car--it sounded like a circle track car. The car still resides in the Bay Area.
2.) The ERA Cobra was a FE 427 side oiler with a 428 crank (454) and 545 dyno power and about 2,200 lbs. I originally had a toploader and later went to a Tremec 5 speed. This car was just incredible from 0-160. I was never beaten by any car and it was pure fun to toy with Ferrari's around the Bay Area. It was a great looking car at Alice's Restaurant! The car now resides in New York.
The Gator McCluskey car was a stroked 429 and yeilded 472 inches. It was the meanest looking car I ever built--will have to post those pics by the weekend. That car still resides in San Francisco.
Now the Redeye--I just find it almost incomprehensible that a warranted car has 800 h.p. and is capable of routinely running 10 second quarters and 200 m.p.h... I still love all the builds I have done but the HellCat platform sets a new bar in automotive production that I just wouldn't have believed was possible when I was building and fabricating years ago.
I know this is a Hellcat website but I will post several if my builds in coming days and weeks many of my builds. I hope that's o.k.. Thank for looking!

View attachment 504271

View attachment 504273

View attachment 504275
W

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,552 Posts
way too cool Bullitt....iconic car..in the classic car chase

View attachment 504271

View attachment 504273

View attachment 504275

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
539 Posts
Very nice! and I recognize the gas station across the street from Alice's. I used to race my sportbikes up and down Skyline. Not fast enough for the Century Club though.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
643 Posts
2 of my favorites the Bullitt cars
I fell in love with that Black 68 charger the sound of that big block
Nice very nice cars there Nortec and I agree with you I’ve had a couple of nice enough and fast cars back then but this hellcat is a whole new thing it’s comfortable fast etc etc I just can’t get enough of it I’ve been in my car the last 2 days just making up places to go the weather here in Ky was in the high 50,s
And I wanted to just ride lol

·
Registered
In The Market
302 Posts
More Bullitt pics please! I didn’t love the movie but McQueen is one of my fav actors.

Reactions: 4300

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,198 Posts
5EACBCF5-3D29-4B4F-8534-A0E364674B78.jpeg
B58761E4-ADF2-42AA-82D9-053E583BC2D6.jpeg
With the new Bullett Mustang and Hellcat it is just begging for a Bullett movie remake. This time the bad guys in the Hellcat get away. I bet the jerks running SF would never sign off on it though. But bums crapping in the streets is fine? I did the SF Bullett tour with my brother who lived out there a couple of years ago. Those hills are unreal. When you come over the crest all you see is sky. We drove them in his Jeep, my wife was not enthused.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,198 Posts
C4E5394F-5BD0-400E-B4A8-0F8475221E5A.jpeg
Remember the store he bought the stack of TV dinners in? It’s now a fancy wine store. I asked the woman if they sold TV dinners and she did not have a clue what I was talking about. She said the she never saw the movie. They did have a movie poster there however. No T shirts or anything. Not marketing genius’s for sure. Oh by the way. Cool cars. Great work. Some of my favorite movies.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,198 Posts
More Bullitt pics please! I didn’t love the movie but McQueen is one of my fav actors.
Wow you didn’t like the movie? It’s one of my favorites. You at least had to like Jaqueline Bisset? I always wondered how after 9 years in the movie The Deep with Nick Nolte she didn’t look like she aged a day? Not so for old Nick. Look at him in the deep then a few years later in 48 Hours he became a fat old man with a raspy voice overnight?

·
Registered
In The Market
302 Posts
Wow you didn’t like the movie? It’s one of my favorites. You at least had to like Jaqueline Bisset? I always wondered how after 9 years in the movie The Deep with Nick Nolte she didn’t look like she aged a day? Not so for old Nick. Look at him in the deep then a few years later in 48 Hours he became a fat old man with a raspy voice overnight?
Just my opinion, the movie is not good. Confusing plot. But I saw it as a kid. Haven't seen the entire movie in 15-20 years. Bullitt the movie is famous for the car chase.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
View attachment 504455 View attachment 504451 With the new Bullett Mustang and Hellcat it is just begging for a Bullett movie remake. This time the bad guys in the Hellcat get away. I bet the jerks running SF would never sign off on it though. But bums crapping in the streets is fine? I did the SF Bullett tour with my brother who lived out there a couple of years ago. Those hills are unreal. When you come over the crest all you see is sky. We drove them in his Jeep, my wife was not enthused.
I have alot of pictures of the Bullitt build on Lombard and all around San Francisco. The Japanese tourists were clicking pictures and yelling BULLITT--BULLITT!! I'll get those posted up.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
View attachment 504461 Remember the store he bought the stack of TV dinners in? It’s now a fancy wine store. I asked the woman if they sold TV dinners and she did not have a clue what I was talking about. She said the she never saw the movie. They did have a movie poster there however. No T shirts or anything. Not marketing genius’s for sure. Oh by the way. Cool cars. Great work. Some of my favorite movies.
I use to live close to this store at Clay and Jackson. It was still old school and I shopped there weekly. The TV dinners and frozen food fridge were still there. Many of the types of these stores still around the Bay Area--Noe Valley has a few very similar.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts