SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had an issue with the belt? Mine at 4k miles is worn down to metal.
My dealer told me they had a bad batch of belts.

GUYS keep an eye on your belt and get it fixed under warranty... or upgrade it.
I really hope Dodge steps up with a recall on the known issues, like the sagging scoop and now this.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
220 Posts
Did your dealer specify the timeframe at which these bad belts would have been installed or was it a batch of 3300?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,798 Posts
Has anyone else had an issue with the belt? Mine at 4k miles is worn down to metal.
My dealer told me they had a bad batch of belts.

GUYS keep an eye on your belt and get it fixed under warranty... or upgrade it.
I really hope Dodge steps up with a recall on the known issues, like the sagging scoop and now this.
Yes, I have seen two different Forum members post about broken belts. One had a sharp edge on the pulley that he suspected contributed to his failure. The other one didn’t have any sharp edges and it seems like just a belt failure.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did your dealer specify the timeframe at which these bad belts would have been installed or was it a batch of 3300?
Nope. That info would be helpful to all buyers.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
437 Posts
Nope. That info would be helpful to all buyers.
I'm sure there is a thread with this info, but I'm changing both belts on my demon to Gates...just cant find the detail that verifies if the Hellcat belts are the same as the demon...I have the following info on Gates for both, but looking to verify that these are correct for Demon...thoughts?

Gates Micro-V
K060846HD - Serpentine Belt
K100579HD - Supercharger Belt

thanks...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
754 Posts
Unless someone has already performed this mod, it may be worth while having the dealer compare the two p/n's between the HC's and the Demon. This will answer your question.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
437 Posts
Unless someone has already performed this mod, it may be worth while having the dealer compare the two p/n's between the HC's and the Demon. This will answer your question.
agree...just was wondering if someone had already done it...will keep an eye out...thanks..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,235 Posts
For a low volume production car, the Demon sure has had a disproportionate amount of small issues. What's strange to me is that these issues that I've seen on this forum aren't affecting Hellcats which is almost identical.

Reactions: Tunnel Chaser

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,302 Posts
Being the Demon is a very special, unique car, you have to expect some issues. This is a one year only car with a fairly limited production. Just have your dealer replace it. If enough owners have issues, they will figure out the root cause.

Not that is helps with your situation, but this is good information so other Demon owners can keep an eye on thier belt.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,235 Posts
Being the Demon is a very special, unique car, you have to expect some issues. This is a one year only car with a fairly limited production. Just have your dealer replace it. If enough owners have issues, they will figure out the root cause.

Not that is helps with your situation, but this is good information so other Demon owners can keep an eye on thier belt.
I wouldn't expect hardly any issues to be honest since most of the platform is based on the Hellcat which has been around since 2015. I could understand issues that are unique to the platform such as the suspension or something but most of the issues I've seen appear to be quality control issues that shouldn't happen with parts shared from the Hellcat platform.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,302 Posts
I wouldn't expect hardly any issues to be honest since most of the platform is based on the Hellcat which has been around since 2015. I could understand issues that are unique to the platform such as the suspension or something but most of the issues I've seen appear to be quality control issues that shouldn't happen with parts shared from the Hellcat platform.
That's nirvana. Too bad we don't live there ;)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
2,852 Posts
I'm sure there is a thread with this info, but I'm changing both belts on my demon to Gates...just cant find the detail that verifies if the Hellcat belts are the same as the demon...I have the following info on Gates for both, but looking to verify that these are correct for Demon...thoughts?

Gates Micro-V

thanks...
Might not be the belts. Whats -causing- the belts to be eaten into? As someone noted above there was a thread with a sharp metal edge that seemed to be the issue. I find it hard to believe belts simply failing especially in one particular area. Something is likely the cause and not sure buying new belts will solve it if it is indeed a systematic problem. Sort of like repainting the hood for the chips issue. It's going to return. Need to eliminate the source not the symptom. And on that I gotta say FCA is dropping the ball (in more than one area).

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
437 Posts
Might not be the belts. Whats -causing- the belts to be eaten into? As someone noted above there was a thread with a sharp metal edge that seemed to be the issue. I find it hard to believe belts simply failing especially in one particular area. Something is likely the cause and not sure buying new belts will solve it if it is indeed a systematic problem. Sort of like repainting the hood for the chips issue. It's going to return. Need to eliminate the source not the symptom. And on that I gotta say FCA is dropping the ball (in more than one area).
agreed, but I'm not changing the belts to try and fix the unknown issue...I'm just doing it because its a good idea to run a better belt - have always done it and in my opinion, gates is the best. If there is some other problem, the belt wont fix it, but there is a possibility that the stock belts cant handle the rpm's from the SC...either way, its a relatively inexpensive change...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
278 Posts

Gates Micro-V

thanks...
I would also like to know if these are the correct part numbers for the Demon belts.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well 2nd belt installed about 1000 miles ago and it's happening again. It's been to two race events and a hand full of street pulls in those 1000 miles.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts