SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took my Hellcat out for a drive today and after a small spirited run, the check engine flashed and then went off. The car then shook whenever you gave it any throttle. Thankfully, I was close to my dealership and I drove it in. This is what I was told. Chrysler cannot tell them anything until Monday. Hope I don't have a bad lifter or valve spring. Just turned over 1500 magnificent miles. I am depressed to say the LEAST.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Gotta be a fuel issue or compression issue with all the air this thing sucks in. Horrible in every way. Maybe be immature, but I am really low from this. Worked too hard to get my girl and unlike anything else..whatever I put into it...I always get back. Hard for most to understand.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Don't be upset yet. Could be something minor.

No matter what it is fixable. Could even be something stupid simple like a bad plug or coil. Who knows. Wait and see what happens.

Good luck and let us know how you make out!!

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
I took my Hellcat out for a drive today and after a small spirited run, the check engine flashed and then went off. The car then shook whenever you gave it any throttle. Thankfully, I was close to my dealership and I drove it in. This is what I was told. Chrysler cannot tell them anything until Monday. Hope I don't have a bad lifter or valve spring. Just turned over 1500 magnificent miles. I am depressed to say the LEAST.
This is a time when it sucks to have to get a new motor and start all over on the break in miles...lol Sorry to hear about that, I am sure they can get it fixed up and hopefully have it back to you soon!!:)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,338 Posts
Where did you get your Hellcat, it sat in the snow. I hope they find out whats wrong we may all be facing the same problem

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
219 Posts
Damn that sucks, hope it is something simple. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Wonder if car was driven and broken in slowly below 4000 RPMs and has the oil been changed and was premium octane 93 or higher poured in? I talked to a Royal Purple office a few weeks ago and they recommended breaking the hellcat in to 2000 miles to let the cylinder rings in the engine settle into place before changing to RP oil if I went to do that.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wonder if car was driven and broken in slowly below 4000 RPMs and has the oil been changed and was premium octane 93 or higher poured in? I talked to a Royal Purple office a few weeks ago and they recommended breaking the hellcat in to 2000 miles to let the cylinder rings in the engine settle into place before changing to RP oil if I went to do that.
I broke the car in exactly as specified. Yes...I did go to Royal Purple at my oil change at 750 miles. I seriously do not think it could be that causing a misfire in one cylinder and two others to run rich. I have NEVER put anything less than 93 octane in the tank. Maybe a software update can fix?

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
I broke the car in exactly as specified. Yes...I did go to Royal Purple at my oil change at 750 miles. I seriously do not think it could be that causing a misfire in one cylinder and two others to run rich. I have NEVER put anything less than 93 octane in the tank. Maybe a software update can fix?
I am anxious to hear what you find out. I hope it's a quick fix.:)

1 - 20 of 146 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.