SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 HC Challenger.. with the Laguana leather seats. I have about 6100 miles on it and my driver seat looks terrible. It looks like the seat is 30 years old. Well my local Dodge dealership says that they will replace my seat for free under warranty. I also have purchased the extended leather seat and paint warranty when I bought my HC. I attached some pics of the bad seat. Check your seats and get them replaced under warranty before it is too late.

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4 Posts
Mine looks the same at 3k miles. I noticed it a while back. It started making me wonder If it was something I was doing when getting in and out of the car. Lol. Looks I will be visiting the dealer soon.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
132 Posts
Is it all in the area where your booty usually is? Maybe it's some sort of scratching from your clothing? But then, I doubt it will be the same for everybody. Or the leather could be going loose. I know some other people had the same issue.

Maybe just poor seat design by Dodge.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
172 Posts
I have a 2016 HC Challenger.. with the Laguana leather seats. I have about 6100 miles on it and my driver seat looks terrible. It looks like the seat is 30 years old. Well my local Dodge dealership says that they will replace my seat for free under warranty. I also have purchased the extended leather seat and paint warranty when I bought my HC. I attached some pics of the bad seat. Check your seats and get them replaced under warranty before it is too late.
THEY WILL REPLACE THE 1 seat, both front seats or all the seats?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
162 Posts
THEY WILL REPLACE THE 1 seat, both front seats or all the seats?
laguna leather stretches when it gets dry, you need to constantly hand rub, i use meguiars, leather rich, as long as i keep up with the applications they look new and tight , i let them dry a little bit and they started to wrinkle, as soon as i applied the leather rich , they tightened right up. i don't think most people are wiling to take the kind of care this leather requires, so this will be a continuing problem.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
151 Posts
laguna leather stretches when it gets dry, you need to constantly hand rub, i use meguiars, leather rich, as long as i keep up with the applications they look new and tight , i let them dry a little bit and they started to wrinkle, as soon as i applied the leather rich , they tightened right up. i don't think most people are wiling to take the kind of care this leather requires, so this will be a continuing problem.
I put high quality leather conditioner on my seats every single week since I bought it. It is an issue of how they didn't stretch the leather and secure it down properly.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger hellcat,2.7 upper,fic 1200 injectors,double pumper dual fuel pump on e85.other mods
137 Posts
thank you for the suggestion, I just got a 2015 hellcat That only has 8000 miles on it And Laguana sepia leather And Where I sit It is starting to Stretch And sag A lot After only a few weeks So I will try What you were saying there.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
944 Posts
The leather part of my 2010 srt seats looked terrible but the alcontara looked great. That's why I bought my HC with alcontara. It's a 2016 and the still look new.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
665 Posts
Most people don't understand this, just getting it replaced while not taking care of the new ones are just going to do the same thing.I agree with ya.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
291 Posts
One of things that sold me on the Laguna leather was how soft and plush it was compared to my Vette. My car is still basically new, but I’ve already conditioned the seats twice with Lexol leather conditioner. I like the Lexol brand as it’s seem to keep them soft with no oily residue.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
115 Posts
They could save themselves a lot of money if they would put this in the manual or even on the tag that is on the passenger seat. When it says care is simple and to clean it with a cloth and wipe up spills immediately, that really is not helping people who don't know better to take care of it properly. Even still, that seat bolster wear creates another problem as using leather conditioner makes it soft and will wear that area faster. It's almost a lose lose unless you get in just right and when climbing in with cars next to me, it's not always a just right situation.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
8,554 Posts
The leather in cars seats has a sealer on them like a clear coat so not sure what a leather conditioner is really doing. FCA says to keep clean with a damp cloth or Mopar Total Clean and nothing about having to condition the leather. It's not like these cars have bare virgin leather.

Can you have ventilated seats with alcantera?
Yep - the Hellcats come with that regardless of leather or alcantara I believe.
True, all Hellcats have ventilated seats except the 2019 with the base cloth seats.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.