SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Charger Redeye WB
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just wanted to share my install for a blackvue DR900x 2ch and my Uniden R7. (Only chose the blackvue because of how it looks. FAR better options out there if you are looking)

This was definitely a ***** to do but its done lol.

First step was getting the mirror undressed. There is a plate above the mirror held on with 4 clips. That pops off and then the bigger plastic trim that wraps around pops off by being split and pulled down towards the mirror.

Mirror tap for the R7 installed and a bit of heat shrink tubing placed to prevent shorts from the pin size adapters.

Next was prepping my mirror mount to prevent as much marring of the car and the radar detector as possible

Mirror mount mounted and mirror tap ziptied to the cable:

Power for the dashcam was taken from the passenger A-Pillar connector. B+, GND, and ACC (for parking mode detection). I used splice taps to minimize the damage to the wiring:

Overhead console, oh-shit handles, and vanity mirrors removed to run the cables alongside the factory ones.

Next I ran the cables and put all of the front trim pieces back together:

Last step was to run the cable to the rear camera in a way that wouldnt mess with the curtain airbag and mount the camera. I opted to mount it onto the rear center high brake light cover since I did not want to damage my window tint.

All finished. Enjoy my inability to take a picture that isn't ******* blurry.

Next step will be to install my Stinger Freedom system. Not sure when I will get around to that though.
Let me know if you guys have any questions if yall want to tackle this install :)

·
Registered
2021 Charger RedEye
99 Posts
Good looking Job! I give you all the cuddos for installing yourself. I was able to install the radar detector, but the dash cam was a PITA as I wanted it hardwired and its has front and back cam so I paid to have this done.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Charger Redeye WB
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good looking Job! I give you all the cuddos for installing yourself. I was able to install the radar detector, but the dash cam was a PITA as I wanted it hardwired and its has front and back cam so I paid to have this done.
I dont trust anyone else with my car. I want to be the one to **** it up haha.

Install looks great. Is that the viofo a129 pro?

·
Registered
2021 Charger RedEye
99 Posts
I dont trust anyone else with my car. I want to be the one to **** it up haha.

Install looks great. Is that the viofo a129 pro?
Thanks, yes, I tried to install myself but the trim didn't come off easy, and I would be pissed if I broke something on my brand new car. My installer I have known for years we worked at Circuit City back in the day (damn I miss that place) and he even came to my house. Talk about top notch service! But Yes I have the Viofo a129 pro duo. Its nice and does what I want it to do and does not break the bank.

·
Registered
2021 Charger Redeye WB
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, yes, I tried to install myself but the trim didn't come off easy, and I would be pissed if I broke something on my brand new car. My installer I have known for years we worked at Circuit City back in the day (damn I miss that place) and he even came to my house. Talk about top notch service! But Yes I have the Viofo a129 pro duo. Its nice and does what I want it to do and does not break the bank.
The a129 pro is a better choice! It uses the same sensor as the blackvue but the image quality is noticeably better. And all for half the price!

Yeah i didnt want to mess up my ride either and especially did not want to introduce a trim rattle but it went better than expected

1 - 5 of 5 Posts