SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
How is the company allowed to continue operating. that's pathetic. are those supposed to be new? absolutely insane. that line to me looks like a masking line, like maybe the wheels are used/damaged, and they refinished them? looks like an overspray line to me almost. Either way, that's absolutely unacceptable in my opinion, and i'm yet to see a set of wheels come in good condition from this company. :(
I focused on that because to me it looked like some sort of repair or multi-part assembly line. I am no milling or metal expert, but I'm questioning if these are even aluminum wheels. That's on top of the fact there's no bead seat knurling AND all the obvious finish issues.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
114 Posts
I focused on that because to me it looked like some sort of repair or multi-part assembly line. I am no milling or metal expert, but I'm questioning if these are even aluminum wheels. That's on top of the fact there's no bead seat knurling AND all the obvious finish issues.
Were they also actually packed in home depot boxes? no official wheel boxes? seriously that's a huge problem.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That is ALL the packing material as you see it there. A used Home Depot box, 2 fedex flattened boxes on the faces, and that little bit of shrink wrap. Both wheels in that HD box.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,441 Posts
Crazy experience... maybe the admin should get these guys off the forum before someone else gets ripped off
That is ALL the packing material as you see it there. A used Home Depot box, 2 fedex flattened boxes on the faces, and that little bit of shrink wrap. Both wheels in that HD box.
It's obvious everything that was said about him on Rennlist was correct. Not sure how this company could still be in business.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Crazy experience... maybe the admin should get these guys off the forum before someone else gets ripped off

It's obvious everything that was said about him on Rennlist was correct. Not sure how this company could still be in business.

Truth. I used them because they are a supporting vendor. I understand all business is "caveat emptor"... but we are supposed to support the vendors that support the forum... This is a case where that is not working out as it should.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
114 Posts
Truth. I used them because they are a supporting vendor. I understand all business is "caveat emptor"... but we are supposed to support the vendors that support the forum... This is a case where that is not working out as it should.
Yeah...I wish the admins would do a little bit of backround research on our vendors. Between this guy and the floormat guy that all but vanished, they shouldn't be allowed if there's tons of other forums saying how crappy they are.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
At the time, I did as much research as I could. The articles everybody are linking are relatively new, and forum experiences were pretty light. I went with it because hey, at one time, every business is new. This one needs to be shut down as they are not operating in good faith.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
"The finisher must have polished out or painted over the bead seat knurl" <potentially paraphrased>

Can you imagine a finisher of wheels 1) not knowing what the knurl was 2) expending all the labor to remove it? I mean, wouldn't it take hours to grind the knurl out of a pair of wheels?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,057 Posts
"The finisher must have polished out or painted over the bead seat knurl" <potentially paraphrased>

Can you imagine a finisher of wheels 1) not knowing what the knurl was 2) expending all the labor to remove it? I mean, wouldn't it take hours to grind the knurl out of a pair of wheels?
Please pm LaserDoc, BULL or another moderator to discuss this situation,

·
Registered
In The Market
1 Posts
Hi Crued,
I'm just popping by from the Porsche forums as the OP of the main Rennlist thread that brought to light the reality of Race Tech Forged. My intentions are just to provide information to a fellow car enthusiast. Please take at look at the thread. There are also many other posts on the Porsche, Corvette and other forums about them. You really need to check them out. Good luck!

Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
114 Posts
Hi Crued,
I'm just popping by from the Porsche forums as the OP of the main Rennlist thread that brought to light the reality of Race Tech Forged. My intentions are just to provide information to a fellow car enthusiast. Please take at look at the thread. There are also many other posts on the Porsche, Corvette and other forums about them. You really need to check them out. Good luck!

Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums
Jay, i just spent about an hour reading through that thread. that is just incredible. I'm glad you FINALLY got your money back, and sorry you had to deal with all of that. Hope things go better for my buddy with the CTS-V, and the OP with his Hellcat, but I have my doubts.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,413 Posts
Here's a perfect example why I never buy American Made wheels. No real testing goes behind their product besides computer calculations. Ask yourself this, how can the American Wheel companies come out with new designs styles weekly or even monthly when the Japanese and European manufacturers take half a year or longer for a new design.... I'll trust my families life to Japanese/European wheels over American anyday...

R.K.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
They have now gone silent after I demanded a refund. My disputed 50% charge was returned from the bank as "a valid charge". I'm now out the full amount in return for a set of ticking time bomb wheels with a bad finish and no bead seat knurl.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,441 Posts
They have now gone silent after I demanded a refund. My disputed 50% charge was returned from the bank as "a valid charge". I'm now out the full amount in return for a set of ticking time bomb wheels with a bad finish and no bead seat knurl.
Not cool... :mad: Maybe Bull can put some pressure on him to make good.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
27 Posts
I also ordered a set of wheels from them for my challenger back in December, try and a call their number on their main website and it’s disconnected. I tried to dispute it with my bank in April and they said they couldn’t do anything about it because of how much time passed and now they won’t respond over social media or email. With some digging I got in contact with their parts supplier Carl and asked if they had any orders from RTF with my sizes (widebody specs) and he said nothing even though RTF at some point said they were having my centers cut and would send picture to no avail. Stay away from these guys.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
27 Posts
Gentlemen (and Ladies)

This is currently being addressed, updates as appropriate.
The social media guy replied under a new alias after I got some of his previous customers to try and get in contact with him and he said his name is George but I’m assuming it’s still raz trying to play it off.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I just received a note from my bank that they agreed with my previous dispute and re-credited me back $1350 (roughly). So now I'm only out the other 50% down payment amount.

I put the wheels out next to the dumpster at work for the scrappers... That's where they belonged.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
27 Posts
I just received a note from my bank that they agreed with my previous dispute and re-credited me back $1350 (roughly). So now I'm only out the other 50% down payment amount.

I put the wheels out next to the dumpster at work for the scrappers... That's where they belonged.
That’s good to hear, my bank is pretty much no help at this point so I’m SOL.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts