SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Hey CRK, as you know it was a beautiful day today, except for all the melted snow causing puddles all over the place! Took a nice ride up the seacoast with the wife and dog. Stopped at a Shell and it had a 10% ethanol sticker on the pump! Later at another Shell, there were no stickers, so I filled up with the Nitro. I tried to do a search to see what was going on but only found garbage, the Shell site being the most useless. Do the Shells by you have ethanol?

Anyone else know what is going on? Apparently some Shell has ethanol, and some doesn’t?

BTW: 93 was 50c higher than my last fill-up!!! Thank you ___!!! (You need to fill in the blank yourself!)
Could the blank be Brandon lol?

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
1,222 Posts
Hey CRK, as you know it was a beautiful day today, except for all the melted snow causing puddles all over the place! Took a nice ride up the seacoast with the wife and dog. Stopped at a Shell and it had a 10% ethanol sticker on the pump! Later at another Shell, there were no stickers, so I filled up with the Nitro. I tried to do a search to see what was going on but only found garbage, the Shell site being the most useless. Do the Shells by you have ethanol?

Anyone else know what is going on? Apparently some Shell has ethanol, and some doesn’t?

BTW: 93 was 50c higher than my last fill-up!!! Thank you ___!!! (You need to fill in the blank yourself!)
Here 93 Shell V-Power has 5% ethanol.

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
3,182 Posts
I don't know anywhere that you can get ethanol free gas. If you find somewhere, let me know. I went out ice fishing today, I couldn't have asked for better weather! Hopefully we have a short winter and I can get my car out in March sometime! We'll have to hit up the Muscle Car club season opener or something. My name is Tony BTW
The Shell where I filled (that did not have any ethanol labels) is not on Slidd's list, but there are others on the list in my area I will check out.
Here 93 Shell V-Power has 5% ethanol.
They sure don't make it easy to know what you are buying.

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
8,038 Posts
My Husband used battery tenders too. But on that Nice Day, he would take his different cars out for a ride!

@CRKFIEND Very Cool Cold Start! Thanks for the reminder Spring is on the Way!

To Hellcat with Phil and his 6 weeks! :ROFLMAO:

Linda :)

·
HOTM Winner
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
My Husband used battery tenders too. But on that Nice Day, he would take his different cars out for a ride!

@CRKFIEND Very Cool Cold Start! Thanks for the reminder Spring is on the Way!

To Hellcat with Phil and his 6 weeks! :ROFLMAO:

Linda :)
I cannot wait for spring. I'm hoping we have clear roads sometime in March but being from New England I never know. Sometimes the roads are clear in March, and sometimes I have to wait until almost May!

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
8,038 Posts
Here in Pa our weather bounces. The past couple of days was a Spring Teaser with Temps in the 50s and today I woke up and it was snowing.

I love Cold Starts, especially since I had the AWE exhaust installed. When I go to the food store I just love scaring people by remotely starting my Hellcat. Most of the time it will be guys out there waiting for their wives. So really the Cold start puts a Big smile on their face! Always glad to share the Joy!

·
Registered
757 Posts
After storing your car in the winter and letting it sit for a few months without starting. Do you guys prime the engine? I mean push the accelerator all the way to the floor and push the start button? It should build some oil pressure too.

This is the First time I might have to prime the engine with a push button start. I just want to take extra care of it.

I never primed my 18 Camaro and 19 Scat Charger. They were stored for a couple months at the most. And I always use a battery tender

·
Registered
700 Posts
After storing your car in the winter and letting it sit for a few months without starting. Do you guys prime the engine? I mean push the accelerator all the way to the floor and push the start button? It should build some oil pressure too.

This is the First time I might have to prime the engine with a push button start. I just want to take extra care of it.

I never primed my 18 Camaro and 19 Scat Charger. They were stored for a couple months at the most. And I always use a battery tender
Never did with my Mustang GT over 5 winters, either. Modern, computer-controlled fuel injection has made such measures unnecessary, I think.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Never did with my Mustang GT over 5 winters, either. Modern, computer-controlled fuel injection has made such measures unnecessary, I think.
My bad bro.
I forgot to mention. I did that with my ‘03 Cobra. Pushing the accelerator to the floor turns off the fuel pump or injectors. So it won’t start. Its for flooded engines. And on the 03-04 Cobra forums, a lot of guys did that.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Yep. I was right.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yep. I was right.

Good read. Thanks for re-posting.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts