SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys and Gals , I would like to offer my sincere apologies on embarrassing the Hellcat community! That race between the Tesla and I was supposed to be fun and for entertainment purposes ! I had no idea ( Brooks) the Tesla driver and his Internet companies would use this for Tesla propaganda ! After I was called out several times over the PA system in front of my sons and friends , I reluctantly accepted the challenge ! The Tesla driver who was the promoter of the event knew that I never tried or practiced launching this particular car as I only had it for a mere few days , so I made it clear that if I broke traction I would do a burnout down the track! It is clear in the video that I red lighted and braked it hard to then throttled a long smoker! Ive already voiced my displeasure with him and he assured me a rematch via his friend ! Again , I apologize for all the press on this! Johnny

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,126 Posts
Guys and Gals , I would like to offer my sincere apologies on embarrassing the Heklcat community! That race between the Tesla and I was supposed to be fun and for entertainment purposes ! I had no idea ( Brooks) the Tesla driver and his Internet companies would use this for Tesla propaganda ! After I was called out several times over the PA system in front of my sons and friends , I reluctantly accepted the challenge ! The Tesla driver who was the promoter of the event knew that I never tried or practiced launching this particular car as I only had it for a mere few days , so I made it clear that if I broke traction I would do a burnout down the track! It is clear in the video that I red lighted and braked it hard to then throttled a long smoker! Ive already voiced my displeasure with him and he assured me a rematch via his friend ! Again , I apologize for all the press on this! Johnny
Johnny you have NOTHING to apologize for as you haven't learned the new beast yet AND you were set up. Once you get the launch down send him a rematch challenge. We appreciate the video.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,473 Posts
screw it, you had fun, I was entertained....all is good.

In the immortal words of the great philosopher, Maximus Decimus Meridius, "Are you not entertained!!!!"

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
735 Posts
The sad fact is, these cars are way under tired. It is a flaw of the LX platform. You need some really good air and a perfect launch to get those low 11s. And you need a lot of seat time. Unlike an awd car, you cant just jump in these and go.

You need some 305 MT ETs Johnny. They will complains about using DRs even though their car is AWD *roll eyes*

·
B5 Demon #2600, 1 of 1
Challenger SRT Demon
703 Posts
You'll get him next time

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,853 Posts
No apology necessary...I actually enjoyed watching you do a 1/8 mile burn out over watching the Tesla. :p

Reactions: 630

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,449 Posts
I am very embarrassed. I can not show my face around my town now because everyone comes up to me and asks if I saw the video. I have since sold my car and bought a Prius. I figure if you can't beat them, join them!

I of course am kidding! :D

You have nothing to apologize for!

·
The Punisher
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,043 Posts
A Starbucks gift card goes a lot further than an apology. :)

All good. No apologies ever needed.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,189 Posts
If it were a vid of you with some farm animals & underage cheerleaders with the Hellcat I could understand that an apology may be needed (depends on which state your in at the time)... You guys obviously having fun at at the track was worth a million bucks!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11,026 Posts
Guys and Gals , I would like to offer my sincere apologies on embarrassing the Hellcat community! That race between the Tesla and I was supposed to be fun and for entertainment purposes ! I had no idea ( Brooks) the Tesla driver and his Internet companies would use this for Tesla propaganda ! After I was called out several times over the PA system in front of my sons and friends , I reluctantly accepted the challenge ! The Tesla driver who was the promoter of the event knew that I never tried or practiced launching this particular car as I only had it for a mere few days , so I made it clear that if I broke traction I would do a burnout down the track! It is clear in the video that I red lighted and braked it hard to then throttled a long smoker! Ive already voiced my displeasure with him and he assured me a rematch via his friend ! Again , I apologize for all the press on this! Johnny
Peer pressure worked on you :( but hey it's ok you were having fun that's all that matters to me.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.