SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Redeye crate engine and it arrived with the needed engine harness. The majority of the connections are made and the finally ones I am able to identify except one. It is on the left side of the engine on the same line as the coil pack connections, located middle coil pack closes to the firewall. I have looked at every possible YouTube video, google images, and even went to the dealer to try and see if they had any Redeye models on the lot. All lead to a dead end. The dealer tried looking up the harness on their system and reading the schematics but as some of you already know, if you’re not coming in with the part number, good luck on getting answers out of them. If anyone could please explain what this one wire lead connects to it will be greatly appreciated.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,800 Posts
I purchased a Redeye crate engine and it arrived with the needed engine harness. The majority of the connections are made and the finally ones I am able to identify except one. It is on the left side of the engine on the same line as the coil pack connections, located middle coil pack closes to the firewall. I have looked at every possible YouTube video, google images, and even went to the dealer to try and see if they had any Redeye models on the lot. All lead to a dead end. The dealer tried looking up the harness on their system and reading the schematics but as some of you already know, if you’re not coming in with the part number, good luck on getting answers out of them. If anyone could please explain what this one wire lead connects to it will be greatly appreciated.
View attachment 571573 View attachment 571574
Try TechAuthority. Granted, it costs a little money, but it'll give you the wiring diagrams you're looking for and then some.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,301 Posts
That exhaust doesnt look factory, and If i was making a wild guess I would say there was another pigtail for an 02 sensor maybe that came off that?

Massive guess. Goodluck on your search for the answer.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Could it be one of the knock sensors?

Try this thread as it has some good resources - Sensor locations?

Reactions: dragrcr

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try TechAuthority. Granted, it costs a little money, but it'll give you the wiring diagrams you're looking for and then some.

I tried the three trail but I personally couldn’t locate what I was looking for. That’s what the Mopar tech pulled up also and he was unable to locate it too. Thanks

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,681 Posts
Not sure what you mean by all lead to a dead end? None of the cars had that connection? Or, it was capped off? Details. Also if everything is connected except this, what are the good connections? A list? What do you think it could be based on this list? Maybe start it up and see what codes it throws? It comes with an ECM ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That exhaust doesnt look factory, and If i was making a wild guess I would say there was another pigtail for an 02 sensor maybe that came off that?

Massive guess. Goodluck on your search for the answer.
good eye, it’s Kooks and the O2 sensors are located more towards the back. I had to add the Kooks extensions on those for the add length of the long tubs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure what you mean by all lead to a dead end? None of the cars had that connection? Or, it was capped off? Details. Also if everything is connected except this, what are the good connections? A list? What do you think it could be based on this list? Maybe start it up and see what codes it throws? It comes with an ECM ?
dead end as in, the lots were clear of Redeyes and only had a couple of hellcats which don’t carry the same cable on their harness. There is no starting it yet to check for codes, just took off the box and doing add-ons before placing it into the car. Figured maybe if someone had a Redeye they would be able to pop their hood and advise from that point based off the picture.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could it be one of the knock sensors?

Try this thread as it has some good resources - Sensor locations?
thanks frosty but I’ve looked at that diagram over and over till I noticed it was not even a supercharger hemi. The Knock sensors have the heat shielding protection on them because they are near the exhaust.

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat Redeye
64 Posts
So I just went out and looked at my Redeye, it appears to be connected to a sensor on the refrigerant line between the engine and the driver wheel wheel that goes back behind the engine.

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat Redeye
64 Posts
I tried to get a picture, but it is a bit tight in there. I did trace the wire back to make sure it is coming out of the harness at the exact same spot as in your picture.

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat Redeye
64 Posts
If you said the regular Hellcats didn't have this cable, I would guess this has something to do with the Power Chiller that the Redeyes have considering its on a refrigerant line.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,803 Posts
Interesting . I just did a bit of "upgrading" to my car and all the sensors for the chiller setup were in the body harness and not the engine harness . There must be a different from the 2018 to the 2019 and up cars

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Engine puddle lights...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is on my 2021 Charger Redeye, so it very well could be a recent change.
Thank You for saving my sanity on this one. This confirms every connection on the harness for me. Guess I’ll be buying a Hellcat Harness, this engine is for my project build on a 06 Charger SRT and I scored a headlamp to dash, Body Harness, and other modules on eBay from a 2016 Charger. Power chiller wasn’t a large “I need that” feature for me. Thanks again for taking the time out to answer this enigma for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts