SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
201 - 203 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
35 Posts
Dropped the intake valve in cylinder #5 Friday evening. I believe the timing chain tensioner broke because all cylinders showed intake valve contact. Valve turned sideways in the chamber and shoved right into the head. When looking at the WOT box, I found one of the pin connectors burned out, so wondering if this may have started the failure. Pulling the engine in next day or two, so we will see how bad the damage is. Fingers crossed the block wasn't damaged and I can start looking at upgrades. Some machine work, drop in forged pistons, BGE heads, and possibly a whipple supercharger might be on the way.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
136 Posts
I realize this is an old thread but wanted to say thank you as I used this thread to successfully install my wot box this weekend.

Unfortunately it's raining now but hopefully I'll get some testing time in soon. I decided to add it because I have a Turbo hellcat build and it's going into vacuum on each shift killing me in close races. In addition I couldn't launch the car because I couldn't build boost off the line.

I'll check back in with some testing results...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Will do! I accidentally tested it last night with the black key. Just a quick trip down the road. Confirmed this morning that it still works great with the Red key. I can actually probably shorten the duration of ignition interrupt, but I have the box set on auto, so I think it will adjust itself if I understand correctly. I'm just happy to have this damn thing going. It took me forever. Maybe the next person will use my install as a guide and it will be much easier.
Where are you located. You think you can install it for me? :)

201 - 203 of 203 Posts