SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Need Advice- Widebody Conversion VICREZ

5556 16
New member here. I am in the process of converting my HC to a widebody. I picked up the Vicrez 20-21 widebody kit and it’s prepped ready for paint.

Here is where I need assistance. I don’t want to cut into the fenders for the flares. Vicrez says you don’t have to but I’m getting mixed reviews from YouTube and other forums. This seems to be based off the rim sizes as to whether the fenders need to be cut.

I have a good line on some stock widebody rims locally for less than Vicrez reps. Size specs appear to be the same but I also read the stock tire size will cause it to rub so go with a lower profile tire.

Anyone with the Vicrez kit able to confirm what works? Honestly I’d prefer the oem widebody rims over the reps but trying to confirm before I make the purchase.
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ended up having to figure this out as I didn’t get any replies. Came out pretty good with minimal modifications. I did get a shop to paint the parts but I installed everything myself. The masking tape will come off today. Anyone that has any questions feel free to ask. I’m willing to exchange knowledge with anyone looking to do this conversion.
Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Sky

Tire Car Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Wheel

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Car Tire Sky Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
541 Posts
What did you use to fasten the fender flares? And how is the quality of them? I already have oem front and rear bumpers. I have a set of oem redeye wheels I'm just dying to put on. Thanks

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What did you use to fasten the fender flares? And how is the quality of them? I already have oem front and rear bumpers. I have a set of oem redeye wheels I'm just dying to put on. Thanks
3m stage 2 tape the wide type, not the thin strip that comes with the Vicrez kit as well as Norton’s Speed Grip adhesives. Worked pretty good. No gaps.

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,325 Posts
Looks stock wow. Usually they look really hoky but that setup looks great. My only concern would be long term. The adhesive getting old and losing it‘s properties and the flares separating.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Looks great. I really want to do this with my challenger but cutting the rear quarters has been my hold up. Curious on wheel rubbing issues. I know challenger and charger will be different but still curious.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,681 Posts
you didn't do anything to the factory fenders to make room for the widebody wheels?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ended up having to figure this out as I didn’t get any replies. Came out pretty good with minimal modifications. I did get a shop to paint the parts but I installed everything myself. The masking tape will come off today. Anyone that has any questions feel free to ask. I’m willing to exchange knowledge with anyone looking to do this conversion. View attachment 584148
View attachment 584146
View attachment 584147
View attachment 584149
View attachment 584145
View attachment 584144
View attachment 584143

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ended up having to figure this out as I didn’t get any replies. Came out pretty good with minimal modifications. I did get a shop to paint the parts but I installed everything myself. The masking tape will come off today. Anyone that has any questions feel free to ask. I’m willing to exchange knowledge with anyone looking to do this conversion. View attachment 584148
View attachment 584146
View attachment 584147
View attachment 584149
View attachment 584145
View attachment 584144
View attachment 584143
Hi I am currently installing on my 18’ charger and wondering if you had any trouble with the front fender flare meeting the rocker panel? I test fit everything before paint but never secured the actual rocker panel, any suggestions? Its about a 1in gap I have

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 584146
View attachment 584147
View attachment 584149
View attachment 584145
View attachment 584144
View attachment 584143
No gaps or anything perfect fitting

·
Registered
2016 hellcat charger ,afe catback exhaust,180 tstat, legmaker intake
20 Posts
View attachment 584146
View attachment 584147
View attachment 584149
View attachment 584145
View attachment 584144
View attachment 584143
Car looks beautiful I recently ordered my kit did you do a lot of cutting and what size tire did you go with to minimize rubbing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ended up having to figure this out as I didn’t get any replies. Came out pretty good with minimal modifications. I did get a shop to paint the parts but I installed everything myself. The masking tape will come off today. Anyone that has any questions feel free to ask. I’m willing to exchange knowledge with anyone looking to do this conversion. View attachment 584148 View attachment 584146 View attachment 584147 View attachment 584149 View attachment 584145 View attachment 584144 View attachment 584143
Hey man, know it’s been a while, but what size tires are you running, I just got the kit for my Challenger, hoping to cut my fenders run the flares over the top of that, and run 305’s all the way around. If they can’t be ran in the front, what size can you go?

·
Registered
2016 hellcat charger ,afe catback exhaust,180 tstat, legmaker intake
20 Posts
Hey man, know it’s been a while, but what size tires are you running, I just got the kit for my Challenger, hoping to cut my fenders run the flares over the top of that, and run 305’s all the way around. If they can’t be ran in the front, what size can you go?
I ran 305 30 20 tires and I have no issues with clearance now in the begging I did because the front was too low but I raised it with demon killer springs in the front

1 - 17 of 17 Posts