SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for everyone and I want everyone’s opinion. I am a 16 year old kid who wants a new 2023 hellcat as a first car before they go ev. I was offered sticker price on a custom order for a 2023 challenger hellcat. Assuming it’s a 909hp car would it be a stupid purchase for a kid. I’ve spoken to my parents about them and told them i would drive like a normal person because i want to keep the car in tip top shape my whole life. So would it be a Shitty purchase because I know I’ll never be 16 with a hellcat lol.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,188 Posts
I have a question for everyone and I want everyone’s opinion. I am a 16 year old kid who wants a new 2023 hellcat as a first car before they go ev. I was offered sticker price on a custom order for a 2023 challenger hellcat. Assuming it’s a 909hp car would it be a stupid purchase for a kid. I’ve spoken to my parents about them and told them i would drive like a normal person because i want to keep the car in tip top shape my whole life. So would it be a Shitty purchase because I know I’ll never be 16 with a hellcat lol.
If you have the resources to afford it and store it go for it. But If I were you, I would also get something cheap as a daily driver. The cheap daily driver will also serve as a Gold Diggn Hoower deterrant when you ask the young ladies out for dates.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
1,674 Posts
I was offered sticker price on a custom order for a 2023 challenger hellcat.
Assuming it’s a 909hp car
You were offered a deal on a car, that's not even available to order yet, and neither you or them know any specs on it...

It's clearly a no brainer....you gave them a large non-refundable deposit too, right???

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,073 Posts
Your parents need to go to parenting classes.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
1,674 Posts
Ignore what these guys are saying….

Totally forget about the high insurance costs and the ridiculous car payment, because YOLO

If things don’t work out and you can’t afford it, there is a bright side, Dodge will still let you drive the car* for a good year or so due to the lack of repo men and nobody wanting to work.
*Assuming you haven’t wrecked it already

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,188 Posts
Most F1 drivers are rediculously young these days. Their first cars are typically a go-cart. My first car at age 15 -1/2 was a 73' 340ci 4MT Charger sooooo yaaa...get the 909hp fantasy unobtanium at MSRP that would be fantastic.:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Your parents need to go to parenting classes.
[/QUOTE
You were offered a deal on a car, that's not even available to order yet, and neither you or them know any specs on it...

It's clearly a no brainer....you gave them a large non-refundable deposit too, right???
Obviously I don’t know the specs I’m only assuming it’s similar to a 22 with upgrades making it 909hp when the car is available for order and the specs are out then i would make a decision why would i put money down on a car that doesn’t exist

1 - 20 of 68 Posts