SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to order a challenger ta 392 in f8 green. I called a dealer but he said he can’t order one without the plus and convenience packages even though you can build it with cloth interior on dodges site. I need to know if this is true and if so how about the shaker or dynamics package? I can’t spend 50+ grand as I am just 22 and not rolling in dough.

thanks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi,

A lot of dealers don't want to order vechiles with certain options and you being younger they fear ordering and then your credit doesn't go through.

When I was younger most dealerships wouldn't give me the time of day.

Maybe call around as someone wants to make money on your sale

Good luck,
Jim

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,708 Posts
you cant get the shaker pkg with the T/A pkg. Its one or the other. You can get the dynamic pkg with the T/A, but it just adds the big braks but not the 3 mode suspension. In 18/19 the T/A came with the big brakes as part of the package. The T/A and shaker and Scat all had same suspension but the T/A was 1/4 or 1/2 inch lower but non adjustable shocks, so no street, track sport modes

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you cant get the shaker pkg with the T/A pkg. Its one or the other. You can get the dynamic pkg with the T/A, but it just adds the big braks but not the 3 mode suspension. In 18/19 the T/A came with the big brakes as part of the package. The T/A and shaker and Scat all had same suspension but the T/A was 1/4 or 1/2 inch lower but non adjustable shocks, so no street, track sport modes
This guy was saying I couldn’t order the ta package without getting leather and all the tech. It looks like that was not true, which is great news for me.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,708 Posts
This guy was saying I couldn’t order the ta package without getting leather and all the tech. It looks like that was not true, which is great news for me.
He probably just wanted to sell you something he had or knew he could easily trade with another dealer.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,165 Posts
He probably just wanted to sell you something he had or knew he could easily trade with another dealer.
Agree with this. Dealers may be reluctant to order something for you that they would otherwise not order for stock so you may get some pushback or be asked to put up a larger non-refundable deposit in case you back out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Salesman told me Saturday that it would be between 8 and 10 months, and anything ordered now would def. be a 2022. So, yes they don't know much! Truth probably lies somewhere in between.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,884 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts