SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
483 Posts
Where exactly is the sensor located on the engine?

·
Registered
17 Posts
That’s the P/N I just ordered from Mopar 2 months ago.
Hope all is well and you still running strong having the same issue with my track hawk zero pressure at WOT and when cruising speeds back to normal oil pressure. No engine code also, gonna grab one tomorrow and see if this the problem, engine sounds smooth.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hope all is well and you still running strong having the same issue with my track hawk zero pressure at WOT and when cruising speeds back to normal oil pressure. No engine code also, gonna grab one tomorrow and see if this the problem, engine sounds smooth.

·
Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
1,561 Posts
Anyone watch Engine Masters? They tested this and found that low oil pressure can be caused by too MUCH oil, causing aeration. They took oil out and saw stable pressure AND more HP! Where is the level sitting on a flat surface, overnight, when cold?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anyone watch Engine Masters? They tested this and found that low oil pressure can be caused by too MUCH oil, causing aeration. They took oil out and saw stable pressure AND more HP! Where is the level sitting on a flat surface, overnight, when cold?
I will check this out today before start up on oil level as I just got the oil changed one day ago. Prior to oil change it did the samething on WoT low oil pressure warning no check engine light, recovers cruising 75 mph &60psi normal then idle around 35psi.
At one point I pulled over just to check if oil was leaking out the filter (no leak) started the car hit the highway 5-10 mins in did a pull same thing then oil pressure at low recovers but now cruising at 75 oil pressure 43 and i pulled over idle was 23psi even seen it drop to 18psi. So now I’m like ok bad sensors??? Trackhawk no ticking or tapping, I shut down and repeat process hit the highway 5 mins and oil pressure back to normal at 60psi while cruising at 75mph.

·
Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
1,561 Posts
Yeah, that's a strange one. At least you stopped and checked the obvious, which I'm sure a lot of others wouldn't have!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, that's a strange one. At least you stopped and checked the obvious, which I'm sure a lot of others wouldn't have!
Definitely first thing… I will grab a sensor or then again maybe it’s has warranty. Sometimes I feel like the dealer won’t understand. Lol …. Thanks fir the advice

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
991 Posts
@Beep3xs

Have someone ride with you and take a constant phone video of the oil pressure gauge cycle (the entire cycle per your description above) for the dealer. A video will be hard to deny.

If the oil level cold is correct and are using Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0-40W Synthetic Oil, then I would lean toward a bad sensor or connection. The dealer may be able to pull up a history stream for the OP. Power Train Warranty is 5/60 for a stone stock engine, but you didn't advise the mileage or if there are engine mods.

When the oil pressure drops as it does, quickly pull over to a safe area and pull the dipstick looking for any foam/aeration/bubbles (Be careful where you put your hands if you don't shut the motor off). Be prepared to take a picture. Foam/aeration/bubbles in the oil could be an indication of cavitation. If so, this could be a bad oil pump or pump intake.

·
Registered
17 Posts
@Beep3xs

Have someone ride with you and take a constant phone video of the oil pressure gauge cycle (the entire cycle per your description above) for the dealer. A video will be hard to deny.

If the oil level cold is correct and are using Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0-40W Synthetic Oil, then I would lean toward a bad sensor or connection. The dealer may be able to pull up a history stream for the OP. Power Train Warranty is 5/60 for a stone stock engine, but you didn't advise the mileage or if there are engine mods.

When the oil pressure drops as it does, quickly pull over to a safe area and pull the dipstick looking for any foam/aeration/bubbles (Be careful where you put your hands if you don't shut the motor off). Foam/aeration/bubbles in the oil could be an indication of cavitation. If so, this could be a bad oil pump or pump intake.
Miles 28k, pulley, tune, intake, exhaust.
Oil was perfect, dealer change oil yesterday.
just seems the oil pressure is not consistent, grab some video of description I presented just in case. But I didn’t leaning towards me replacing the sensor. Since oil pressure reads all different types of psi. But when restart The trackhawk drive couple minutes we are good. Guess it’s like a reset once I start it up again. Definitely something hard to mimic ifdealer had it. Thanks for the video advice also which I will give them a see.

they replaced Front drive shaft a month ago under warranty so I don’t know how much I will get away with on this one lol. Sensor is cheap but I think I give them a call Monday

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is after a small pull never recovered to normal cruise psi of 60psi. Drop to 40psi while cruising after the pull. I pulled over checked oil filter cause it was just changed at dealer for leaks we was clear to drive. I started it back up hit the highway 5-10 mins oil pressure back to 60psi

Attachments

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
991 Posts
This is after a small pull never recovered to normal cruise psi of 60psi. Drop to 40psi while cruising after the pull. I pulled over checked oil filter cause it was just changed at dealer for leaks we was clear to drive. I started it back up hit the highway 5-10 mins oil pressure back to 60psi
That delay smacks of Cavitation for me....

Might have missed it, but when did this issue start?? What was the timeline, after mods or anything like that??

·
Registered
17 Posts
That delay smacks of Cavitation for me....

Might have missed it, but when did this issue start?? What was the timeline, after mods or anything like that??
Just bought vehicle from dealer seems it is covered under warranty. Timeline is as soon as I bought it I have been watching these pressures. So I think I will bring it back before I have no warranty.
Thanks for the info makes me more mind full to chill out and bring it back.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
991 Posts
Just bought vehicle from dealer seems it is covered under warranty. Timeline is as soon as I bought it I have been watching these pressures. So I think I will bring it back before I have no warranty.
Thanks for the info makes me more mind full to chill out and bring it back.
You should also consider that's why it was traded. Ask the dealer to see ALL the repair history.

I still think you need to check the Cavitation Box before taking it in along with a video.

Also, remember there are two connections for the sensor; at the sensor and the PCM.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You should also consider that's why it was traded. Ask the dealer to see ALL the repair history.

I still think you need to check the Cavitation Box before taking it in along with a video.

Also, remember there are two connections for the sensor; at the sensor and the PCM.
I will check this out, I check out the full history. Which just involved oil changes, drive shaft was replaced under warranty last month by me. I will follow up.

I appreciate the knowledge and response time from you guys.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
983 Posts
Consider putting a mechanical gauge on the car short term, and compare the readings of that to the factory electric gauge. ANY voltage anomalies in the factory oil pressure gauge circuit can cause inaccurate readings at that gauge. The mechanical gauge reads the pressure directly from an oil passage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Consider putting a mechanical gauge on the car short term, and compare the readings of that to the factory electric gauge. ANY voltage anomalies in the factory oil pressure gauge circuit can cause inaccurate readings at that gauge. The mechanical gauge reads the pressure directly from an oil passage.
Definitely oil school gauge will not fail you. Will do also. 🙏 my weekend now has a excuse to stay in garage !👌🏽

·
Registered
17 Posts
I tried to mimic yesterday after oil change and reading are all normal did WOT and no low pressure reading or reading on the performance page with indications. Smh good thing I have video like you guys told me to have. 👏🏽⛽ Enjoy the weekend

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
991 Posts
I tried to mimic yesterday after oil change and reading are all normal did WOT and no low pressure reading or reading on the performance page with indications. Smh good thing I have video like you guys told me to have. 👏🏽⛽ Enjoy the weekend
Guess I'm fuzzy on the timeline... all of the issues occurred before the oil change?? Wrong oil then?? Since the oil change, all's good??

41 - 60 of 65 Posts