SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Picked up a new 2019 Hellcat recently and was excited to use the ventilated seats down here in South Florida. The window sticker has them listed (front and rear) but there's no option to turn them on. I'm supposed to visit the dealer at the end of the week, but has anyone else experienced this?

For reference, the car has the Octane Package with the SRT sport seats but I haven't found anything that says ventilated seats get deleted with that option.

Thanks for any help.

C

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I go to the apps page and open the seat options, the only toggles are for the heated seats. Nothing shown for ventilation. Images I've found usually show the heat toggle and then the vent toggle underneath?

The dealer told me over the phone this morning to go to somewhere different but wasn't clear. Something like settings --> driver comfort --> start up to have them automatically come on, but I haven't been able to test that.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Can you post detailed picture of seats?
Ventilated seats have perforated leather in the bottom and/or the back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not my picture but these are the seats. No leather on a sitting surface. They’re the Octane Package SRT seats and it’s looking like the standard seats may have been better..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,545 Posts
All come with it standard. Did you go into the apps page and open the option?
They did through 2018.

Starting in 2019 with the base cloth seats you have heat but no ventilation.

All other seats above the base cloth are vented.

Sorry for this OP.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,856 Posts
Just one of the plethora of reasons I wouldnt buy a low/no optioned car. Price is awesome but this type of stuff creeps up and bites ya. Not the end of the world but annoying nonetheless.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just one of the plethora of reasons I wouldnt buy a low/no optioned car. Price is awesome but this type of stuff creeps up and bites ya. Not the end of the world but annoying nonetheless.
I definitely should have done some more research ahead of time. It has a bunch of options (the stupid package that added the "sport" seats was $1,500 by itself 🤢 ) but it was the only 2019 left on the lot. It's just frustrating that it's listed on my window sticker with no mention that the package deletes that feature.

Not the end of the world like you said, but definitely annoying. Thankfully my fancy sport seats won't get too hot in the summer, hah. And at the end of the day, it has the right engine at least!

Thanks for all the help folks.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Vented seats dont work all that great anyway IMO. You arent missing out on much

·
Registered
214 Posts
They did through 2018.

Starting in 2019 with the base cloth seats you have heat but no ventilation.

All other seats above the base cloth are vented.

Sorry for this OP.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
My 2019 Charger was pretty much 'base' besides the 'power seats' option which is a no cost option, and vapor matte wheels. Yet my seats were the normal leather ones with the vents. If you go to the 2019 config page you'll see that the cloth seat option actually costs more than the standard laguna leather option.

Whoever optioned the OP's car is kind of stupid. Most of the dealers would use the Alcantara seat/trim package instead as option which costs the same as the cloth seat option anyways.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,682 Posts
My Hellcat has vented seats. A few times I have gotten in the car and it has been hot enough to have the vented seat feature come on automatically. (Otherwise I would probably not enable it.)

The benefit is not that big of a deal for me.

My experience with cloth seats is they do not get as hot, feel as hot, as leather seats. For me then with cloth seats -- my Hellcat seats are leather -- the lack of ventilation would not matter. The absence is just one less thing to possibly go wrong.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I would agree. 2016 f350 superduty I rode in were ICE COLD, I mean freeze the nads off a peguin cold. But those are actually cooled with a TEG (thermoelectric generator) the same thing used to heat them.

The hellcat just uses a basic resistive heater for heat and a weak fan for the "ventilation"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whoever optioned the OP's car is kind of stupid. Most of the dealers would use the Alcantara seat/trim package instead as option which costs the same as the cloth seat option anyways.
Probably why the dang car was still sitting on the lot in May of 2020!

It's good to hear everyone saying that it's not a make or break type of option. Hearing the engine start up gives me that smile every time, ventilated seats or not.

Now if I could get that damn SRT brake pedal on.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
40 Posts
Probably why the dang car was still sitting on the lot in May of 2020!

It's good to hear everyone saying that it's not a make or break type of option. Hearing the engine start up gives me that smile every time, ventilated seats or not.

Now if I could get that damn SRT brake pedal on.
Congrats on your new ride! As others have said, the vented seats aren’t super great. They are nice to have in that they help you not feel stuck to the leather seat when it’s super warm/sweaty out. Sport Cloth seats don’t have that problem.

The dealership I got my car from also failed to install my Mopar pedal kit, I found them in a box in my trunk when I got home. My fault for not checking first, but was too exited with everything else. They were lazy though, they wanted me to drive away with the front chin protectors too, which I did not want to do. The salesman begrudgingly removed them.

There are YouTube vids on Mopar pedal installs. I could not do it until I watched one of those videos. The short of it is, soak the Mopar brake pedal in hot, soapy water for a few minutes. It will soften up the rubber some and make it easier to deal with. I then used a flathead screw driver to pry the rubber lip over the brake pedal, working my way around the whole way. Not bad once I got it going that way.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,856 Posts
Funny thing is the heated part completely sucks too. My heated steering wheel gets much warmer than my seats. Seems like all the newer vehicles with heated seats have been tamed way down. Two newer Challengers of mine now have had luke warm heated seats, my wife's newer Lincoln MKX has lukewarm seats, and all of the newer vehicles that ive been selling at my shop all have crappy luke warm heated seats.
My old 2004 GMC 2500 pickup on the other hand gets super hot and I love it.
Gotta be some McDonald's coffee liability at play or something.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I still don't understand why someone wants cloth in these...especially at this price point

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Funny thing is the heated part completely sucks too. My heated steering wheel gets much warmer than my seats. Seems like all the newer vehicles with heated seats have been tamed way down. Two newer Challengers of mine now have had luke warm heated seats, my wife's newer Lincoln MKX has lukewarm seats, and all of the newer vehicles that ive been selling at my shop all have crappy luke warm heated seats.
My old 2004 GMC 2500 pickup on the other hand gets super hot and I love it.
Gotta be some McDonald's coffee liability at play or something.
THe heated seats in my 18 definitely take longer to get hot enough vs even my old Mazdaspeed6 (both of them), but they do the job. I agree on the wheel gets hot much faster than the seats!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,856 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts