SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The car is finally back in my possession! It's been 8 months without driving the cat due to setbacks but I stuck through.

S/O to Josh and Curt @ Dusterhoff tuning for answering any questions I had. Been a huge help with the car. 10/10 would recommend.
Live dyno session is setup for August 7th, 2020. - will be posting final #'s then.

Engine:
4.5L Whipple Supercharger
13" Killer Chiller Race Drag Kit
Coolant Expansion Auxiliary tank
Fore Innovations Dual Pump Fuel System
FIC 1650cc injectors
Magnaflow Catback
180 Degree Thermostat
ER12S Spark Plugs
Demon Crank Bolt+Double Pinned
Dusterhoff tuning with HP Tuner Software

Brakes/Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Drivetrain:
DSS 3.8" Carbon Driveshaft
DSS 1400HP Axles
DIRS Diff Brace
Z26 Powerstop Pads
Bwoody Rear End Links
17x10 18x5 Beadlock Drag Pack
MT ET Street R 305/45/17 28x6x18 Sportsman Runners

Exterior & Interior:
SRT Performance Spoiler
Speedtactics Fire Extinguisher kit

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
254 Posts
Following, just ordered a whipple, except i think im staying on pump gas with a little nitrous. Hows it feel power wise??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still on the base map, the car needs to be tuned before getting into the power band safely. Probably making less than OEM right now to be safe.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The car is finally back in my possession! It's been 8 months without driving the cat due to setbacks but I stuck through.

S/O to Josh and Curt @ Dusterhoff tuning for answering any questions I had. Been a huge help with the car. 10/10 would recommend.
Live dyno session is setup for August 7th, 2020. - will be posting final #'s then.

Engine:
4.5L Whipple Supercharger
Fore Innovations Dual Pump Fuel System
FIC 1650cc injectors
Magnaflow Catback
180 Degree Thermostat
ER12S Spark Plugs
Demon Crank Bolt+Double Pinned
Dusterhoff tuning with HP Tuner Software

Brakes/Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Drivetrain:
DSS 3.8" Carbon Driveshaft
DSS 1400HP Axles
DIRS Diff Brace
Z26 Powerstop Pads
Bwoody Rear End Links
17x10 18x5 Beadlock Drag Pack
MT ET Street R 305/45/17 28x6x18 Sportsman Runners

Exterior & Interior:
SRT Performance Spoiler
Speedtactics Fire Extinguisher kit
View attachment 558381 View attachment 558383 View attachment 558384 View attachment 558385
Defiantly looking forward to seeing the numbers on this build sounds badass bro 👍🏻

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
198 Posts
Holy belt wrap Batman!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on getting your Cat back! I'll bet you're excited and chomping at the bit to get her tuned so you can take her out for a drive!

Please let us know what she puts down as far as numbers.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DSS 1400HP Axles Installed along with Motul 80w90 Diff fluid+Mopar Friction Additive. NVH is much better now. Before the diff/driveshaft had a whine off throttle. The motul fluid solved that 80-90%. Feels great just cruising around out of boost. 2 days until it hits the dyno!

Reactions: WVHEMIS

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
198 Posts
Holy belt wrap Batman! :eek: I like how quiet that Whipple is, but can't wait to hear from you on how she sounds at WOT on the dyno!

By the way Thanks for sharing the video too! That's a Wicked sounding Hellcat!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well today was a complete disaster. Car sat on the dyno for 9 hours. Only finished the 93 tune. Waited 8 months for this day :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Worst experience I've had with a car being tuned/parts installed. Simple installation mistakes. I.e wrong belt for E85 pulley+routed wrong, clearance of the wiper assembly wasn't done, wrong coolant (which never got resolved because the co-owner drove off home with it?) and this is after they had the car for 35 DAYS. (Keep in mind I installed everything but the Whipple/pin kit/spark plugs.) Wasn't much to be done, waited over a month to get the car in this place. Managed to destroy OEM fuel rails, tried to say they won't work with a Whipple when the 4.5 was designed for oem rails/lines!! Whipple confirmed it was shops fault from improper installation (That mistake cost $670 to upgrade)

Two previous dyno days cancelled due to being led on by the shop. Car finished 07/27/2020. Live session scheduled 2 weeks prior August 7th @ 9am.. Arrived at 7:45am to address issues..Car strapped down late @ 10:30 AM. (Tried to tell me it was strapped down at 9 when i had dash cams rolling) Did 3 revisions on 93 and two logs on E85. Ran for less than 2-3 hours. Sat for the rest of the time untouched waiting for parts/emails back (complete shit show) Took 1.5 hours (timed it) for a worker to go get the correct belt... At the end attempted to charge $1600 for sitting all day. Have a car that is only tuned for 93 and have to street log the other map. Flat out refused to pay that, brought up all the mistakes/crap.. Dropped to $800.. labor for the install was $1900+tax/parts..👽 o_O (n) Quality service provided by Boosted creations in Palmyra, NY.

Sorry for the rant..
On 93 it made 775whp/691wtq @ 14psi. DA 2,468ft

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
254 Posts
Worst experience I've ever had with any car being tuned/parts installed. Simple installation mistakes. As a result of those mistakes cost way too much time today I.e wrong belt for E85 pulley, clearance of the wiper assembly wasn't done, wrong coolant (which never got resolved because the co-owner drove off home with it?) and this is all after they had the car for 35 DAYS. (Keep in mind I installed everything but the Whipple/pin kit/spark plugs.) Wasn't much to be done, waited well over a month to get the car in this place on top of things. Also managed to destroy the OEM fuel rails somehow then tried to say they won't work with a Whipple when the 4.5 was designed for oem rails/lines!! (That mistake cost $670 to upgrade)

Two previous dyno days cancelled due to being led on by the shop. Car finally was finished. Live session scheduled 2 weeks prior August 7th @ 9am.. Arrived at 7:45am to address issues..Car strapped down late @ 10:30 AM. (Tried to tell me it was strapped down at 9 when i had dash cams rolling) Did 3 revisions on 93. Ran for less than 2 hours if that. Sat for the rest of the time untouched waiting for parts/emails back (complete shit show) Took 1.5 hours (timed it) for a worker to go get the correct belt... At the end of the day attempted to charge $1600 for the car sitting all day. Now have a car that is only tuned for 93 and have to street log the other map. Flat out refused to pay that, brought up all the mistakes/crap.. Dropped to $800, yes you read that correct.. labor for the install was $1900.. o_O (n) 100% robbed and will never deal with ANY local tuner shop again. Seriously doubt i'll even continue modding cars after this. Third extremely terrible experience at a local shop. Guess third times the charm for me to get the clue. None of which tried to rob me blind like this place though..Quality service provided by Boosted creations in Palmyra, NY.

Sorry for the rant..
Feel your pain bro sorry

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Worst experience I've ever had with any car being tuned/parts installed. Simple installation mistakes. As a result of those mistakes cost way too much time today I.e wrong belt for E85 pulley, clearance of the wiper assembly wasn't done, wrong coolant (which never got resolved because the co-owner drove off home with it?) and this is all after they had the car for 35 DAYS. (Keep in mind I installed everything but the Whipple/pin kit/spark plugs.) Wasn't much to be done, waited well over a month to get the car in this place on top of things. Also managed to destroy the OEM fuel rails somehow then tried to say they won't work with a Whipple when the 4.5 was designed for oem rails/lines!! (That mistake cost $670 to upgrade)

Two previous dyno days cancelled due to being led on by the shop. Car finally was finished. Live session scheduled 2 weeks prior August 7th @ 9am.. Arrived at 7:45am to address issues..Car strapped down late @ 10:30 AM. (Tried to tell me it was strapped down at 9 when i had dash cams rolling) Did 3 revisions on 93. Ran for less than 2 hours if that. Sat for the rest of the time untouched waiting for parts/emails back (complete shit show) Took 1.5 hours (timed it) for a worker to go get the correct belt... At the end of the day attempted to charge $1600 for the car sitting all day. Now have a car that is only tuned for 93 and have to street log the other map. Flat out refused to pay that, brought up all the mistakes/crap.. Dropped to $800, yes you read that correct.. labor for the install was $1900..👽 o_O (n) 100% robbed and will never deal with ANY local tuner shop again. Seriously doubt i'll even continue modding cars after this. Third extremely terrible experience at a local shop. Guess third times the charm for me to get the clue. None of which tried to rob me blind like this place though..Quality service provided by Boosted creations in Palmyra, NY.

Sorry for the rant..
What shop was that?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea huge train wreak..off the rails. I'll have to work with Dusterhoff tuning to finish the E85 map on the street. Maybe bring the car down to OST to get it looked over so i have peace of mind down the road. Feel sick to my stomach after letting that shop touch my Hellcat.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
69 Posts
Glad I read this thread. Boosted Creations is local to me and was one of the places I was considering bringing my car to. Place sounds like a shady shit show. Hope you get everything worked out. Can’t wait to see what numbers your car puts out.

Reactions: SRTGhostrider

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just waiting to hear back from Dusterhoff tuning before doing logs on E85 with the 5" pulley. After that map is set will swap on the 4.5" - street log some cruising before getting on another dyno. This time around want to make sure everything is 100% in order for a stress free, efficient 1-2 hour rental. Only going to dyno the 4.5" map for final #'s. Not worried about the 5" E85 flex #'s for now.

Trying to avoid a repeat of last week at all costs. Was supposed to be done in one day after waiting 6 weeks for live session lmao - Don't blame curt. 100% blame that shop and myself for being foolish to believe a simple dyno day would go smooth after all the errors made.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
672 Posts
Sorry to hear. In the past I have traveled to have a “solid” shop do it that specializes in the the type of car I’ve owned.

Reactions: SRTGhostrider

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Sorry to hear. In the past I have traveled to have a “solid” shop do it that specializes in the the type of car I’ve owned.
That is really the way to do it.

I believed the previous place was 'solid' but was very wrong. Lied to my face they installed a Whipple on a Hellcat in the past. (Business has been around for 3 years, not one local with a Whipple Hellcat that i know of) Nothing like having young inexperienced crooks learn on your dime. Behind me now and will never make this mistake again. My car won't be touching a shop most likely unless 100% needed and i'll be there waiting. The only reason i picked this place is because of seeing another local H/C owner and a buddy with a Z06 have their cars built there. Guess they had a different experience or just don't talk about the crap.

Anyway things are getting back on track with the build. Took a few logs this weekend on the E85/5" Flex map. Probably hitting another Dyno at the end of this month/early September.
Dying to see what this thing will put down on a 4.5" pulley. So many locals want to race already haha - FBO GTR's, Procharged Z06's, Twin turbo mustang etc. Hoping to get the car dialed in before summer is over! Local tracks are finally running events too :)(y)

Runs a little hot 140-160 IAT's while cruising, no WOT pulls 90 degree day 2800 DA. Stage 2 FI Interchiller on the wish list now.
Gets 22mpg on 93 just like factory! Very impressed it's not guzzling gas.

Reactions: WVHEMIS

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat - A8
12 Posts
Great build looking forward to see what this brings!

Any reason why you didn't opt in for the Magnuson 2650? Suppose to make well over a 1000whp and great power band

1 - 20 of 39 Posts