SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
383 Posts
I’ll beat my chest here. Why does a Hellcat forum need a section for non Hellcat vehicles that a very small percentage of Hellcat members requested? The overall majority here are not fans. And yes sure people dont have to participate but why not just have a completely separate forum? Let those people go there or better yet let them go to actual Charger forums. If youre doing all things Dodge now then get going with a Hornet section. Where’s the 300 area?
Methinks this is an attempt to stay relevant with the Hellcat going away. Kind of goes against why most of us come here really, Hellcats.
It wont be constructive imo. Most here want nothing to do with it. The entire draw to this site is Hellcats. It’s why people come here. A general non Hellcat Charger forum is where people should go for that imo. Threads on it will happen regardless here but to dedicate a sub forum to a non Hellcat model and for a very select few is asking for divisiveness imo. Nothing wrong with diversity but to me this is a Hellcat specific site and that’s why I come here. If youre looking forward to a new non Hellcat model and want would actually like to discuss them and learn about them I would say a Charger forum or maybe a Dodge forum would make more sense than a Hellcat forum where most people see those things as the anti-Hellcat.
100% agreed, just like they have no business being in the same class as ICE vehicles on the drag strip. You want an EV? You want to have your 90 year old grandma line up on the strip and mash the “accelerator pedal” to beat someone who knows about cars and has the traction, engine, and all that down to a science, and than talk smack that your EV has the instant acceleration, it’s the best thing I’ve ever driven? No skill involved, can’t wrench on them, fake sounds, all you can add is the ungodly rice attachments to make it your own. Lol, it’s all a big joke. No one wants that garbage in here. Take your Power Wheels elsewhere. PS I have to grow up in my future posts and stop bypassing the profanity filter or I get my heigney spanked by the forum police.
I wasn't asking for opinions on the car or what this particular forum is about or who is for it or against it. I asked if it will be a constructive site where those of us who actually are anticipating and are excited for this new age can discuss, plan, and share info...or if it will be just another outlet for you guys to show up, out talk people, and repeat the same nonsense over and over again. We get it. The grid. It sounds like an electric shaver. It isn't like the original. It takes too long to charge. I can't drive from coast to coast on one full battery. And whatever else you all just repeat. Because if so then just move them here. It makes no sense for me to join a thread if it will be exactly what I can read over and over again right here.

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,077 Posts
I wasn't asking for opinions on the car or what this particular forum is about or who is for it or against it.
But your question/statement also implies that you dont take those things into consideration. Alrighty then. I mean if that’s the case I request a Tesla sub forum. Also a Mustang section considering the very basis for the forum’s existence is irrelevant I guess and really just a title by that definition. But isn't that what forums are? A place where like minded people with a common shared interest go to share info, stories, OPINIONS, etc.? I guess when I seek out a particular forum for it’s particular common interests I should expect that to be cluttered with irrelevant divisive content now.
This is a forum. With opinions. Who is for it and who is not numbers-wise is indeed relevant, it is the very basis for a forum's success or failure.
You post about something then youre opening yourself up to thoughts and opinions. If you only want the facts get yourself a Google account.
I’m not for or against EV’s, I just think a non Hellcat sub forum doesnt belong on a Hellcat forum.

Reactions: PurrKitty

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
I just think a non Hellcat sub forum doesnt belong on a Hellcat forum.
I can see why they made the thread but, it's definitely not a HC and belongs on a different Dodge forum, are they making a thread on the Challenger forum? It's not one of those either but why not. At least the Durango's and Track Hawks are similar ICE HEMI's, what does the Banshee share with them besides the Dodge name? IDC all that much but it does bring up the question, why don't we have a GT thread? how about a RAM thread? Stellantis has like 14 brands, we can discuss Fiat ad nauseum. Still, being the apparent heir to the HC I suppose it does need consideration on this forum even if it's mostly bad mouthing it.

·
HOTM Winner
12,077 Posts
I can see why they made the thread but, it's definitely not a HC and belongs on a different Dodge forum, are they making a thread on the Challenger forum? It's not one of those either but why not. At least the Durango's and Track Hawks are similar ICE HEMI's, what does the Banshee share with them besides the Dodge name? IDC all that much but it does bring up the question, why don't we have a GT thread? how about a RAM thread? Stellantis has like 14 brands, we can discuss Fiat ad nauseum. Still, being the apparent heir to the HC I suppose it does need consideration on this forum even if it's mostly bad mouthing it.
That's my point. To me it needs to at least have an ICE Hellcat engine. Otherwise there are plenty of other forums for those.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
383 Posts
But your question/statement also implies that you dont take those things into consideration. Alrighty then. I mean if that’s the case I request a Tesla sub forum. Also a Mustang section considering the very basis for the forum’s existence is irrelevant I guess and really just a title by that definition. But isn't that what forums are? A place where like minded people with a common shared interest go to share info, stories, OPINIONS, etc.? I guess when I seek out a particular forum for it’s particular common interests I should expect that to be cluttered with irrelevant divisive content now.
This is a forum. With opinions. Who is for it and who is not numbers-wise is indeed relevant, it is the very basis for a forum's success or failure.
You post about something then youre opening yourself up to thoughts and opinions. If you only want the facts get yourself a Google account.
I’m not for or against EV’s, I just think a non Hellcat sub forum doesnt belong on a Hellcat forum.
That's my point. To me it needs to at least have an ICE Hellcat engine. Otherwise there are plenty of other forums for those.
Ok so let's talk about this intellectually. In the interests of self-preservation, the smart move for this forum would be to adapt to the inevitable changes and start gravitating towards the new platform. The Hellcats are at the end of the tracks. There will be no more HC or variants or any ICEVs from FCA in 2024. Which means that right off the bat a LOT of owners are gonna give up their Hellcats and switch over. A certain amount will stick it out but eventually there will be less and less owners. Which means even less members remaining here and even less new content until the point that it won't even be worth keeping the lights on.

Now again, speaking from a purely logical stance, this forum here already has a following. The customer base is here. So it would be smart to introduce the sub-forum here. As the car is introduced, starts selling, starts showing up on the streets, at tracks etc, the content will grow as ICEV Hellcat content slowly dissipates. Eventually a complete transition will occur and this forum will persevere because they already had a foundation. Even if they slightly change the name.

Or let it die out. Which seems to be what you guys would prefer lest the EVs taint the holy name and degrade the reputation of the Hellcat. Is that it? Because like it or not, EVs are starting their march. Out of all of them, the Daytona is the closest to what we currently have. Out of all the EVs out there, if you had no choice but to pick one, I am 100% sure that you all would pick the Daytona. Or, I don't know, maybe the Tesla suits some of you more. So when that time comes, and let's drop the tough guy "I will never buy an EV" statements...when the time comes, would it not be better to already be on a site that is established, has a base of core followers, etc? Or are we just not gonna forward think?

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
HC is an ICE, MOPAR guys are HEMI fanatics, Banshee doesn't have a HEMI. There will be HC's for years to come and they'll change hands and people will come to find out about them plus there's a whole Drag racing group that will carry on without the Electrics for years. After awhile it will be all about after market mods and where to find OEM parts. As far as self preservation, that's Dodges problem, their faithful are mostly not down with EV and the ones that are aren't enough to keep Dodge relevant. The Hornet doesn't really stand out to average joe looking for a similar type of vehicle, there are at least a dozen comparable models. It's not like the calendar changes to Jan 1, 2024 and the HC's go poof, that will come later when you can't legally drive one on the roads because of emissions, oh yeah that is coming. Had to pick? I don't because I wouldn't have the same criteria for buying a EV, personally I expect to see a lot of these EV's abandoned after ten years as the batteries will go bad and the cost to replace is 4/5 value (or more) of the car. But I wouldn't be adverse to owning one unlike others here, I kind of like Lucid but cost of EV is still high and I expect the "economy" versions batteries will be lower quality. HC's will fall into the same group as the late 60 early 70 era cars and fit right in, Banshee will never gain acceptance into that family.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Let’s talk about facts!

how come the admins of this forum (name after the latest V8 SC engine platform: Hellcat) will create a sticky thread proposing to create a parallel forum for a vehicle that:
  1. It’s just a concept (no official production date confirmed nor confirmation there’s about seeing the daylight in its concept announcement?)
  2. It’s an BEV (again, concept vehicle) whose power plant is called Banshee
In any case new forum should be called something like: Banshee.org (probably should register the domain myself and ask for a juicy compensation…)

Honestly, what a waste is this sticky thread…

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
383 Posts
I don’t hate the looks. But sorry, it ain’t this.
View attachment 602251
That isn't even a Charger. It only has 2 doors. LOL!!

Today's cars are such a far cry from this that the only thing similar is the name. And thank God for evolution. These cars were awesome in their time. But they cannot be compared to or considered superior to the cars of today when current vehicles enjoy a clear performance, comfort, tech, etc, advantage. So yea, it ain't what is in this picture. And that is good. And it further proves not only how far the industry has come in several decades, but how much further it will go in the decades to come. In 50 years our now-current Hellcats will be as outdated as this car is. And the new crop of cars will hold a similar performance, comfort, tech advantage. If you ask me, looking at this picture just makes me hopeful of what is to come and I am glad I am here to experience it in it's infancy and will be here to watch it grow.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
383 Posts
HC is an ICE, MOPAR guys are HEMI fanatics, Banshee doesn't have a HEMI. There will be HC's for years to come and they'll change hands and people will come to find out about them plus there's a whole Drag racing group that will carry on without the Electrics for years. After awhile it will be all about after market mods and where to find OEM parts. As far as self preservation, that's Dodges problem, their faithful are mostly not down with EV and the ones that are aren't enough to keep Dodge relevant. The Hornet doesn't really stand out to average joe looking for a similar type of vehicle, there are at least a dozen comparable models. It's not like the calendar changes to Jan 1, 2024 and the HC's go poof, that will come later when you can't legally drive one on the roads because of emissions, oh yeah that is coming. Had to pick? I don't because I wouldn't have the same criteria for buying a EV, personally I expect to see a lot of these EV's abandoned after ten years as the batteries will go bad and the cost to replace is 4/5 value (or more) of the car. But I wouldn't be adverse to owning one unlike others here, I kind of like Lucid but cost of EV is still high and I expect the "economy" versions batteries will be lower quality. HC's will fall into the same group as the late 60 early 70 era cars and fit right in, Banshee will never gain acceptance into that family.
And where does fanaticism ever get us when it comes to advancing further? Fanatics are for the most part incapable of thinking forward. And they are the biggest obstacle when it comes to improving. They are soo stuck in their ways that if it were up to them we'd still be driving carb'd engines with a 4 speed trans and 4.56 gears. If fanatics had their way, then you do realize that the Hellcat you love soo much wouldn't even exist, right? So I'm not at all concerned with what fanatics think. They aren't fanatics of the brand. If they were then the goal would be for the brand to keep moving forward and staying on top. They are fanatics to a specific ideal or way of life and it is soo diluted that has nothing to do with Dodge.

When I mentioned self-preservation, I was talking about this forum...not Dodge or FCA. In the interests of keeping this forum relevant and up to date, in the face of newer tech and a dying breed, it would serve them well to start the process of switching over NOW before some new forum starts picking up steam. No, it isn't gonna fall off right away. But it will start falling off very fast. And if I was the creator of this forum, I would be thinking of getting the ball rolling and trying to quickly become the premier voice for the new age. Would you not?

You say you are not for or against the new EV. But the fact that you couldn't even agree that you would buy a Daytona over the other currently available EVs proves opposite. You are against it. And that is fine. Everyone should have their own opinion and be free to express such. So I will ask you a different question. Out of all the EVs currently on the market, IF the Daytona was available to purchase, would you pick it over the currently available competition?

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
And where does fanaticism ever get us when it comes to advancing further?
Fanaticism and advancement are not mutually exclusive terms, you can have fanatics pushing the technological frontier which could destroy us all. What is "advancement" even a hundred years ago HG Wells and Mary Shelly were writing about the horrors of technological advancement. Having a vulnerable technology fostered on us by short sighted politicians is a good thing? Remember California is pushing the ICE out ASAP but also issuing warnings to not charge your vehicle because of the strain on the power grid, unless they build more power plants quickly then that's just going to get worse, you'll have state mandated charging times and electricity cost will start to increase so that the poor can no longer afford to turn on their A/C when it's 105 degrees. One of my biggest complaints with e85 is the food vs. fuel economics, when people are starving while corn is being made into fuel that's a huge issue. Progress and advancement aren't "good" or "bad" things. .

I'd take a Lucid Dream or Tesla Plaid over Dodge's EV, considering the cost of one of those is probably 25% or more than a Banshee will be, it's not a fair question. Compared to the field of equally priced EV's if forced I would probably choose the Dodge but other manufacturers may have better platforms in a couple of years and not rely on a speaker to set them apart. Guys come on here and argue which is the best CAI and get pretty pissy when debating a somewhat minor accessory, the debate on EV "what's my voltage meter supposed to be reading when it's charging, I think I'm 1/2 volt low" or some such doesn't make for interesting conversation, besides exterior care there's nothing to really talk about with these cars.

You talk like we owe Dodge something, Dodge owes us, we are the consumer spending our money, if they aren't producing vehicles that their customer base wants they cease to exist. Many here don't remember De Soto and Plymouth's been gone a few years now, Dodge is heading down that road. Hellcat.org is not dependent on Dodge to exist, Dodge is dependent on their customer base to exist and their traditional customer base is a fan of the big block, there are some brand loyalist that don't care as much but that's a very small group. I do expect the early EV sales will be promising but as more EV's come on the market they will get lost in the crowd. Dodge won't be so much an automobile manufacturer as a mobile desktop manufacturer, the difference between Dodge EV and Dell computer? Dodge EV has wheels. I don't hate the new EV, I just think it's hype over something that looks like a Dodge but shares the same heart as every other EV car on the market.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I wasn't asking for opinions on the car or what this particular forum is about or who is for it or against it. I asked if it will be a constructive site where those of us who actually are anticipating and are excited for this new age can discuss, plan, and share info...or if it will be just another outlet for you guys to show up, out talk people, and repeat the same nonsense over and over again. We get it. The grid. It sounds like an electric shaver. It isn't like the original. It takes too long to charge. I can't drive from coast to coast on one full battery. And whatever else you all just repeat. Because if so then just move them here. It makes no sense for me to join a thread if it will be exactly what I can read over and over again right here.
I believe what Im hearing from most here had nothing to do with the grid, range, fake noise etc.
The complaint is:
ITS NOT A HELLCAT!!
You seem to be demanding respect while showing none. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
383 Posts
I believe what Im hearing from most here had nothing to do with the grid, range, fake noise etc.
The complaint is:
ITS NOT A HELLCAT!!
You seem to be demanding respect while showing none. Good luck with that.
Where did I "demand" anything? I couldn't care less who here respects me or not. I made a simple statement. That was that if the new forum is nothing more than another platform for anti-EV sentiment then there is no need. If it is a place where those of us who are looking forward to the new age can get information and discuss the platform then great. Now this is the third time I said this.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
383 Posts
Fanaticism and advancement are not mutually exclusive terms, you can have fanatics pushing the technological frontier which could destroy us all. What is "advancement" even a hundred years ago HG Wells and Mary Shelly were writing about the horrors of technological advancement. Having a vulnerable technology fostered on us by short sighted politicians is a good thing? Remember California is pushing the ICE out ASAP but also issuing warnings to not charge your vehicle because of the strain on the power grid, unless they build more power plants quickly then that's just going to get worse, you'll have state mandated charging times and electricity cost will start to increase so that the poor can no longer afford to turn on their A/C when it's 105 degrees. One of my biggest complaints with e85 is the food vs. fuel economics, when people are starving while corn is being made into fuel that's a huge issue. Progress and advancement aren't "good" or "bad" things. .

I'd take a Lucid Dream or Tesla Plaid over Dodge's EV, considering the cost of one of those is probably 25% or more than a Banshee will be, it's not a fair question. Compared to the field of equally priced EV's if forced I would probably choose the Dodge but other manufacturers may have better platforms in a couple of years and not rely on a speaker to set them apart. Guys come on here and argue which is the best CAI and get pretty pissy when debating a somewhat minor accessory, the debate on EV "what's my voltage meter supposed to be reading when it's charging, I think I'm 1/2 volt low" or some such doesn't make for interesting conversation, besides exterior care there's nothing to really talk about with these cars.

You talk like we owe Dodge something, Dodge owes us, we are the consumer spending our money, if they aren't producing vehicles that their customer base wants they cease to exist. Many here don't remember De Soto and Plymouth's been gone a few years now, Dodge is heading down that road. Hellcat.org is not dependent on Dodge to exist, Dodge is dependent on their customer base to exist and their traditional customer base is a fan of the big block, there are some brand loyalist that don't care as much but that's a very small group. I do expect the early EV sales will be promising but as more EV's come on the market they will get lost in the crowd. Dodge won't be so much an automobile manufacturer as a mobile desktop manufacturer, the difference between Dodge EV and Dell computer? Dodge EV has wheels. I don't hate the new EV, I just think it's hype over something that looks like a Dodge but shares the same heart as every other EV car on the market.
This is going nowhere. We'll see what happens in 2024 when the Daytona is released. Until then this is just talk. Enjoy your day.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Where did I "demand" anything? I couldn't care less who here respects me or not. I made a simple statement. That was that if the new forum is nothing more than another platform for anti-EV sentiment then there is no need. If it is a place where those of us who are looking forward to the new age can get information and discuss the platform then great. Now this is the third time I said this.
Or is it gonna be the same nonsense and silly complaints that some of these people just repeat over and over again? Because if it is the latter then there's no point in anyone joining anything since it'll just be loudmouths beating their chests and overtalking everyone just to repeat a bunch of immature nonsense.

They way I read this is that if anyone disagrees with the direction of Dodge, or the electric car industry and say so, it is nonsense, silly and immature from your perspective.
Pretty immature take on your part.
Then to state that if any one does display this “immature” behavior on the forum that you want to follow then you won’t participate?
You sound like a spoiled brat

Notice you have not been well received as a result of your post. I think it’s a you problem and not those that disagree with you.
Now take your little hot wheels car and go home please.
Thanks in advance

·
HOTM Winner
12,077 Posts
Let’s talk about facts!

how come the admins of this forum (name after the latest V8 SC engine platform: Hellcat) will create a sticky thread proposing to create a parallel forum for a vehicle that:
  1. It’s just a concept (no official production date confirmed nor confirmation there’s about seeing the daylight in its concept announcement?)
  2. It’s an BEV (again, concept vehicle) whose power plant is called Banshee
In any case new forum should be called something like: Banshee.org (probably should register the domain myself and ask for a juicy compensation…)

Honestly, what a waste is this sticky thread…

Just my 2 cents
🏆🏆🏆

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
383 Posts
Or is it gonna be the same nonsense and silly complaints that some of these people just repeat over and over again? Because if it is the latter then there's no point in anyone joining anything since it'll just be loudmouths beating their chests and overtalking everyone just to repeat a bunch of immature nonsense.

They way I read this is that if anyone disagrees with the direction of Dodge, or the electric car industry and say so, it is nonsense, silly and immature from your perspective.
Pretty immature take on your part.
Then to state that if any one does display this “immature” behavior on the forum that you want to follow then you won’t participate?
You sound like a spoiled brat

Notice you have not been well received as a result of your post. I think it’s a you problem and not those that disagree with you.
Now take your little hot wheels car and go home please.
Thanks in advance
Cool story bro.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Hall-Tach, you asked for an opinion and got several, I thought it's a pretty good argument and counter argument, plenty of people here disagree with some of the crap I spout off but I don't get mad because they see things from a different perspective:
Until then this is just talk
Pretty much what the forum is all about, no one is claiming to have all the answers and my OPINION doesn't mean you are wrong, just why I don't think the Daytona doesn't belong in the Hellcat Forum, we can talk about them but dedicating a thread to one is sort of like dedicating a thread for the Chrysler 300, it's still not a HC. If we all agreed all the time this would be a boring forum.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
383 Posts
Hall-Tach, you asked for an opinion and got several, I thought it's a pretty good argument and counter argument, plenty of people here disagree with some of the crap I spout off but I don't get mad because they see things from a different perspective:

Pretty much what the forum is all about, no one is claiming to have all the answers and my OPINION doesn't mean you are wrong, just why I don't think the Daytona doesn't belong in the Hellcat Forum, we can talk about them but dedicating a thread to one is sort of like dedicating a thread for the Chrysler 300, it's still not a HC. If we all agreed all the time this would be a boring forum.
"HELL-Tach".

I'm not mad. I got the answer I was looking for. I'm glad the Daytona site is somewhere else. I asked one question here and it turned into all this. Which tells me that this isn't as simple as people might want to pretend it to be. There is a deep seated hatred and disdain towards EVs. And that is fine because I don't care. The future is inevitable. If people wanna stomp their feet, cover their ears, hold their breath, and pretend that the future isn't a reality then that is their choice. It won't change a dang thing. My only question was if it was going to be a site like this where people have a dislike towards EVs because if so then there is no point in joining there. My goal is to learn as much as possible before I buy one. That's it. Nothing else. I got my answer, blocked a member, and there is no need for any continued discussion. The other site at this point seems informative and there are some decent discussions going on and that is all I can ask for at this moment.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts