SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good performance shop in Atlanta, any recommendations? Want to upgrade the car and not void the warranty.

Thank you for any help & suggestions.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Theres nothing a performance shop can do you for that wont void the warranty related to the work. Your only options are CAI (JLT or LMI) and a catch can, JLT makes both. Those you can do yourself.
Nitto 555Rs for the rear on wider rims but even the tires can become an issue...with the drive shaft and/or the differential. You upgrade those you void the warranty related to those parts. Some dealers have even denied claims or tried to if you have DRs on.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Theres nothing a performance shop can do you for that wont void the warranty related to the work. Your only options are CAI (JLT or LMI) and a catch can, JLT makes both. Those you can do yourself.
Nitto 555Rs for the rear on wider rims but even the tires can become an issue...with the drive shaft and/or the diff brace. You upgrade those you void the warranty related to those parts. Some dealers have even denied claims or tried to if you have DRs on.
The worst part is even those few parts you listed could get your warranty voided depending on the dealer . It's really tough these days .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great info guys. Being a new Hellcat owner; do not want to void my warranty for the first couple of years. So might change out to the Nitto 555 DR and call it a day. But I am worried about snapping the driveshaft on the track.
Has anyone had problems with their stock driveshaft or axle?

·
Registered
860 Posts
The newer cars have upgraded DS, but when you say new, do you mean new to you or 2019 new? Nonetheless, are they unbreakable tho, no.
Also as I mentioned, if the dealer knows you tracked it and tracked it on DRs and something has broken, youre screwed. You may win a lawsuit based on Dodge's commercials and branding of the Hellcats but thats your call.
I would have a dedicated set of track tires/rims, if you twist the DS or break the differential, throw the Pirellis back on then goto the dealer. Also clean off any melted rubber attached to the wheel-well, underside etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
860 Posts
That pkg works. I think Bravado Tribute rims are much cheaper and just as adequate. Not sure they make skinnys though.
I wouldnt use the dealer for that, they could flag your car. I also wouldnt put a 305 on a 9.5" rim. Youre not getting the full contact patch and youre outside of the rim recommendations, another flag for the dealer. Some places wont even mount a tire if the rim isnt within spec.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any rim recommendations for the 305/35/20 for street driving?

Plan on leaving the stock front tires/rims...what are your thoughts..leave or change out for street driving?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Not sure which rims you have but Factory Reproductions in 20x11" (10.5" Challengers imo) is a popular option for the rears, theyre a few lbs heavier but great for the budget and keeping the car look stock, the SRT cap fits also. But mind you this too could put a hair up the dealers ass if something breaks, not usually and its not an in your face change but full disclosure here. Not trying to scare you but there are horror stories out there of dealers denying claims for the stupidest things. Any changes from OEM they could reach for. And keep in mind things like these dont affect ac repairs or window motors or paint etc. The part failure needs to be the cause of the modification to deny a claim.
Anyway... Tires, Continental Extreme Contact Sport are very popular, Michelin PS4S are too ($$$). Alot of ppl keep stock up front then go larger rim/555Rs or MTs out back around town but they arent concerned with warrantys anymore because they already have power upgrades. Rain for the MTs is a concern too, 555Rs not so much. I changed to Contis, stock rim and tire size up front then FR 10.5 rims out back with 305s. Now I run the same rims but with Toyo R888Rs. Ill be switching to Nittos when these are done, but then again Im modded too.
If your concerned with warranty, keep all your stock parts, feel your service advisor/mechanic out about mods, until then or if they arent cool about modding, switch back to stock before visiting the dealer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just went out and measured my rims. They are the 10.5" on 275/40/20 and the pirelli's suck. Can not hook up the car unless it is 50+ miles per hour. Anything under 50 just spins the tires.
With that said; the 305/35/20 or 315's Nitto should fit. Do you agree?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Are you sure you measured right? Im not sure about the 19 Chargers but its been 9.5" or 11" for the widebody. But the rim spec for the 305 555R is 10.0-(11.0)-12.0 there is no 315. The NT05R is a 315 and 10.5-(11.0)-12.5 so your fine, if at 10.5" Also the 555R tires are 150mph and under btw. The NT05R idk what their top speed is.
No street tire is gonna hook especially on un-prepped roads.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TheRedKey - I did measure wrong, should not have included the lip. They are 9.5". With that said; need to go buy new rims, but want the Nittos 305 or 315 installed this week. Cannot stand the tire spinning anymore. But agree, all tires will spin on street, but want to reduce the chance.

Appreciate it Speedlogix.
Bought a triple black 2019 Charger Hellcat two months ago. Pitch Black exterior, Black calipers and all Black Interior to include seat belts.

IMG_3384.JPG

·
Registered
860 Posts
Ok perfect goto Factory Reproductions website, i think your rims are the FR77, make sure they come in 10.5-11. I think they mount and balance tires too so you can get them delivered mounted balanced and with tpms. If not/or use @Discount Tire (Discount Tire Direct), they do it all and have great prices and free mount balance and shipping iirc. They may even hook you up with free black lug nuts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Another good point...did not think about the black lug nuts. Thanks for that...wife really appreciate you guys helping me spend more money. haha
Did replace the "green" tire value caps to black.

In the process of ordering new rims/tires now. Thank you for all of the advise.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Discount Tire Direct will not list the 305 or 315 tire wheel combo. Do we need a spacer for the 305 or 315 tires?

·
Registered
860 Posts
They can get it, i think the 555R is $328ea. No spacer required for 305, 315 ive read sometimes.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts